Page 137 of 606 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 147 187 237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Icon

Any idea if and when Les habs put Prust on the IR?

Administrator

No clue about Prust and IR.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

Bourque was on the ice Tuesday morning for an hour. Apparently, he's closer to getting back into a game than Diaz.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Bourque was on the ice Tuesday morning for an hour. Apparently, he's closer to getting back into a game than Diaz.
    And Kaberle still can't get into the lineup...

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    And Kaberle still can't get into the lineup...
    Since he's the most likely player to be bought out at year's end and because he's not making any impact when he's playing, I doubt we'll see much more of him this year.

I doubt Bergevin would like to see him get injured so that he can't buy him out in the summer.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    Since he's the most likely player to be bought out at year's end and because he's not making any impact when he's playing, I doubt we'll see much more of him this year.

I doubt Bergevin would like to see him get injured so that he can't buy him out in the summer.
    If he was helping the team he would be playing. He's not, so he's not.

Dobber Sports Pro

What have you thought of Pateryn's play so far? He's not getting a lot of minutes but I find him to always be in the right place on the ice. He's obviously showing signs of nervousness but I think he's handling himself quite well in the big show so far.

Could be a very decent #6-7 defenseman.

Dobber Sports Padawan

What have you thought of Pateryn's play so far? He's not getting a lot of minutes but I find him to always be in the right place on the ice. He's obviously showing signs of nervousness but I think he's handling himself quite well in the big show so far.

I agree. He did not look out of place, even with the evident nervousness he displayed. He will probably see an increase in ice time playing at home, where Therrien will be able to give him proper match-ups.

A big body, right-handed, something the Habs could use.

Administrator

I barely notice him which is a good thing because he's not getting beat. He is being protected a lot out there. Not much ice time, and not the tough minutes.

Administrator

Heard in NHL radio just now that Blake Geoffrion is retiring from hockey.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Heard in NHL radio just now that Blake Geoffrion is retiring from hockey.
    Tough luck for him but it's a wise decision, in my opinion. Glad to see he's smart enough not to jeapordize his life for hockey.

Still sad for him that he didn't quite make it in the NHL but at least he'll have souvenirs to tell his kids.

Administrator

My guess is that with the family ties he could have some kind of ambassador role with the team. At least he would earn a living that way.

Administrator

Default Senators 3, Canadiens 4 (SO)

Theme of the game: 40 points. It wasn't the best game of the year but they found a way to win. They were the better team but failed to take advantage of several opportunities while Robin Lehner had a solid night. The team has 40 points in just 27 games.

Player of the game: PK Subban. Not even close. The way he controlled the play in the offensive zone was fantastic. His two points bring him up to 20 for the year.

Goaltending: Carey Price 29/32 (.905). Decent game, didn't see the third goal and didn't like the second one. Down too early and gave the top corner to Alfredsson. Solid in the shootout.

No time for anything else. I have to write a Capped article tonight. I will chime in if anything comes up and as usual all comments are welcome. Go Habs go!

Dobber Sports Guru

It was weird, but I didn't like Subban's game after the second period. I thought he was brutal in the third. On the first powerplay, for example, he flubbed the puck a few times just coming out of our zone.

For me, the player of the game was Eller. Got a goal by going to the net. Stole a puck a few times (one that set up galch when he rang it off the post). Scored in the shootout. Won nine of 16 face offs. Seven shots. One hit. One blocked shot. He played a great game, I thought.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    It was weird, but I didn't like Subban's game after the second period. I thought he was brutal in the third. On the first powerplay, for example, he flubbed the puck a few times just coming out of our zone.

For me, the player of the game was Eller. Got a goal by going to the net. Stole a puck a few times (one that set up galch when he rang it off the post). Scored in the shootout. Won nine of 16 face offs. Seven shots. One hit. One blocked shot. He played a great game, I thought.
    Eller was fantastic. He played his best game of the season. He was always on the puck, and made several great plays in all three zones.

But Subban also played a great game. His ability to avoid forechekers is unique, and it allows him to make a good first pass, then join the rush. In addition to his booming shot, he displayed some nice vision tonight with somegood feeds, most notably to Ryder and Plekanec.

Weak goal allowed by Price in the third, but he came out big in the shootout. For the last 10 games or so, the Habs are not winning because of Price's performances... In some games, the won despite it. That is frightening for opposing teams, because he will eventually rebound, and the team will be harder to beat.