Page 136 of 606 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 146 186 236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Prust is supposed to miss 10-14 days with his shoulder problem.
    I hope it's not longer, he's becoming almost an essential player for this team.

I remember how people thought it was an awful signing at 4M$ per year but so far, it may have been the best move Bergevin has made.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Prust is signed at 10M$ for 4 years.
    2,5M$ per.
    Even better!!!
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    I hope it's not longer, he's becoming almost an essential player for this team.

I remember how people thought it was an awful signing at 4M$ per year but so far, it may have been the best move Bergevin has made.
    It's 2.5 million per year. 4 year contract.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

Craig Button of TSN did his mid-season report card. Habs got an A. Chicago was the only team with an A+. No one got an F.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Craig Button of TSN did his mid-season report card. Habs got an A. Chicago was the only team with an A+. No one got an F.
    I know this isn't the place for bashing other teams but the Isles should get an F for hiding cap money to make their team more crappy intentionally.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Montreal's 4th round draft pick in 2011, defenseman Magnus Nygren has been named the most outstanding Dman in the Swedish Elite League.

He is a late bloomer, and the Habs drafted him when he was 21. He could very well never play in the NHL, or he could be the next Raphael Diaz. He has some offense in his game, racking up 32 points in 51 games this season.

Don't pick him up on waivers tomorrow, but keep an eye on him. Mathias Brunet from LaPresse reports that the team is trying to put him under contract.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Montreal's 4th round draft pick in 2011, defenseman Magnus Nygren has been named the most outstanding Dman in the Swedish Elite League.

He is a late bloomer, and the Habs drafted him when he was 21. He could very well never play in the NHL, or he could be the next Raphael Diaz. He has some offense in his game, racking up 32 points in 51 games this season.

Don't pick him up on waivers tomorrow, but keep an eye on him. Mathias Brunet from LaPresse reports that the team is trying to put him under contract.
    I picked him up in a deep dynasty league earlier today. Context is everything. He is not worth it in a 10-team league but in a 24-team league with 27-man farm rosters there is a spot for him. Good gamble IMO.

Dobber Sports Guru

It's great to see the love that Gallagher is getting right now. On the front page, Gallagher is second in voting for rookie of the year by Dobber readers. Scott Cullen of TSN has him winning it outright. Gallagher was ranked third by Yahoo last week for rookies. Let's hope he keeps it up.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    Prust is signed at 10M$ for 4 years.
    2,5M$ per.
    Even better!!!
    Yeah, don't know why I believed it was 4M$ per year, my bad!

Dobber Sports Pro

It's great to see the love that Gallagher is getting right now. On the front page, Gallagher is second in voting for rookie of the year by Dobber readers. Scott Cullen of TSN has him winning it outright. Gallagher was ranked third by Yahoo last week for rookies. Let's hope he keeps it up.
    To be fair, Cullen does not have a great track record for giving out awards. Plus, his power rankings are awful.

However, I think Gallagher deserves to be in the talks right now. He's probably the rookie forward with the most responsabilities along with Huberdeau and he's been strong offensively.

With Conacher slumping and Tarasenko still out, Gallagher is at least a nominee for the Calder right now.

Administrator

Some people write articles to get people talking. By naming Gallagher midseason Calder winner the Habs homers are happy and the rest of the population is up in arms. Craig Button does this too with his draft rankings.

Gallagher is part of a nearly perfect storm right now with two great linemates and a team that simply wins. I just think that with nobody standing out as the obvious winner it'll just come down to a points race.

Dobber Sports Guru

this is shitty for the habs as it sounds like they wont even have a chance to get him in that many games.

CapGeek ‏@capgeek
    #NHL #Habs Blake Geoffrion is another Group 6 UFA candidate to watch. Team can keep him as RFA if he gets into 13 NHL games this season.

CapGeek ‏@capgeek
    Re: Geoffrion. RT @DanKramerHabs His injury says UFA-bound.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Some people write articles to get people talking. By naming Gallagher midseason Calder winner the Habs homers are happy and the rest of the population is up in arms. Craig Button does this too with his draft rankings.

Gallagher is part of a nearly perfect storm right now with two great linemates and a team that simply wins. I just think that with nobody standing out as the obvious winner it'll just come down to a points race.
    I don't want to say he's more of a complete player, but I think he's bringing things to the table other rookies aren't.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    this is shitty for the habs as it sounds like they wont even have a chance to get him in that many games.
    Lots of variables here. He could re-sign but there is a case to be made for both sides not wanting to re-up. He might try to fast-track himself to the NHL via another team (Habs' depth up front not ideal for him). Meanwhile the team could make a business decision and decide that he's not worth an investment.

The lack of NHL-ready guys in the AHL makes me think that he could be retained but the team could also look to college free agents who are also close to being NHL-ready.

Administrator

I don't want to say he's more of a complete player, but I think he's bringing things to the table other rookies aren't.
    I agree, but the intangibles rarely translate into trophy votes. The numbers are the deciding factor. Landeskog last year was a case of being a stand-out defensive player and getting a ton of hits (219).