Page 134 of 607 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 144 184 234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SixtyPercentOfTheTime View Post
    It never too late!
    We'll leave derailing for somewhere else. We have plenty of fun with that and have no trouble finding new threads to hijack.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    We'll leave derailing for somewhere else. We have plenty of fun with that and have no trouble finding new threads to hijack.
    Does talking about derailing a thread count as derailing a thread?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Does talking about derailing a thread count as derailing a thread?
    I was just kidding, this is a perfectly fine thread. No derailing needed.

All jokes aside, What do you guys think of Gallagher. What type of numbers are we looking at in the future? I wasn't expecting much but it going very well for him.
    H2H Daily 12 Team League, 7 Keepers
    Start 3C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 4D, 2G
    G, A, +/-, SOG, PPP, PIM, HIT, BLK, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

2014-15 Champion

C- Tavares, Krejci, Trocheck
    LW- Hall, Lee, Guentzel (C), Lucic, Skinner, Marchessault (C)
    RW- Lindholm (C), Radulov, Nylander (C), Arvidsson,
    D- Weber, Provorov, Klingberg, Hamilton
    G- Bishop, Lehner, Mrazek

Farm: Zacha, Bjork

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SixtyPercentOfTheTime View Post
    I was just kidding, this is a perfectly fine thread. No derailing needed.

All jokes aside, What do you guys think of Gallagher. What type of numbers are we looking at in the future? I wasn't expecting much but it going very well for him.
    If all works out for him maybe 60 points but he could easily be a band-aid boy because of all the abuse he takes. He is the type of guy who is never satisfied and never quits though so who knows...

Administrator

I just realized that Tuesday's game is in Long Island which should make a terrific atmosphere for a pro hockey game...

Dobber Sports Icon

I just realized that Tuesday's game is in Long Island which should make a terrific atmosphere for a pro hockey game...
    And I will be there with 10 other co-workers and friends, intentionally grabbed 11 tickets in the end where the Habs shoot twice, to get a good look at the young kids (first Habs live game this year).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Guru

Wow. 2000 replies in this thread. Pretty outstanding!
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Administrator

Sorry for the lack of game reports. A lack of sleep is catching up to me and I also missed the Experts League deadline for waiver bidding. I did watch the game and the simple write-up is that the team needs to bring down its goals against. It starts in the crease (Price) but the team has also been prone to some very bad defensive breakdowns. That is 16 goals against in the last three games.

Dobber Sports Icon

OK, I was at the game (great seats directly behind the net, which are available for virtually nothing relative to the prices you pay at the Bell Center, MSG, etc.). Here is a short game report:

Plusses:

- Gallagher. The guy is a little cannonball out there, winning puck battles, stripping defensemen, etc. But you can already see where he'll have trouble, he goes in so hard and his playing style will make him prone to big hits and punishment, and possible injury.

- Subban. A few gaffes, but this game was an example of what he can be, so dominant on the puck. And the PP goal was exactly what we need, nice passing chemistry between he and Markov and Subban blasts.

- PP. Good puck movement overall.

- Eller. Didn't stand out too much, but a couple of plays where you can see his potential, his body filling out makes him increasingly tougher to knock off the puck and he's now exercising more patience, holding on to it to generate opportunities instead of dishing it off. He's got a fantastic wrist shot too, underrated.

- Emelin. Looks relatively solid out there, good pairing with Markov.

Minuses:

- Price, wow, haven't seen him play that poorly in awhile (although that's because I missed most of that Pens game Saturday night). Whenever you see Price in any way herky jerky or fighting the puck, you know he's off, he's mostly so smooth and calm out there.

- Gionta, he's working hard, but man he's just not got it this year, despite the goal. He just seems all over the place and isn't winning puck battles he used to win. He's scored a few now after a horribly slow start so hopefully that will motivate him to produce. All that aside though, a Quebecer / co-worker watching the game with me mentioned at one point that he thought Gionta as Captain never made sense to him, and I disagreed vehemently, he was a very good choice as Captain due to his obvious leadership qualities.

- Desharnais/Pacioretty - mediocre games, for them, we've come to expect more (especially after that brilliant effort against the Bruins).

- Markov. Meh game. Didn't do much offensively and was slow to react on a few defensive plays. Nice movement on the PP though.

- Officiating. Tim Peel is a putz.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Administrator

Whatever leadership Gionta apparently brings I have yet to see it. He works hard most of the time on the ice but I have never seen him go above and beyond to boost the team.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Whatever leadership Gionta apparently brings I have yet to see it. He works hard most of the time on the ice but I have never seen him go above and beyond to boost the team.
    Unless you are in the dressing room, you likely won't see anything outside what he does on the ice. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious. I like Gionta as well, but when he was made el Capitano, I was surprised. Oh well, at least it wasn't Gomez!! (Sorry, I probably am going straight to hell for that comment! lol)
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Unless you are in the dressing room, you likely won't see anything outside what he does on the ice. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious. I like Gionta as well, but when he was made el Capitano, I was surprised. Oh well, at least it wasn't Gomez!! (Sorry, I probably am going straight to hell for that comment! lol)
    I get the dressing room aspect but I still expect a captain to be able to elevate his game and "lead" the team in that way. I never see that from Gionta. He does what he does and that's it.

Dobber Sports Icon

I get the dressing room aspect but I still expect a captain to be able to elevate his game and "lead" the team in that way. I never see that from Gionta. He does what he does and that's it.

I can give you many examples of on-ice leadership he's provided, and not just of the "moral support" kind. He was fantastic in the 2010 playoff run, 15 pts and 9 goals in 19 games, 70 SOG (a 280+ SOG pace) - particularly effective in that huge win over Pittsburgh. He also played well in the 2011 Boston series, 5 pts in 7 and 35SOG (a 400 SOG pace).

I don't think Gionta's going to be around too much longer, Gorges is probably your next Captain and that would be a fine choice, but I believe criticism of Gionta's leadership is largely unwarranted.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    I can give you many examples of on-ice leadership he's provided, and not just of the "moral support" kind. He was fantastic in the 2010 playoff run, 15 pts and 9 goals in 19 games, 70 SOG (a 280+ SOG pace) - particularly effective in that huge win over Pittsburgh. He also played well in the 2011 Boston series, 5 pts in 7 and 35SOG (a 400 SOG pace).

I don't think Gionta's going to be around too much longer, Gorges is probably your next Captain and that would be a fine choice, but I believe criticism of Gionta's leadership is largely unwarranted.
    Mike Cammalleri was fantastic in the 2010 cup run too. I don't buy individual playoff runs as a sign of leadership. Show me something more sustained and I'll be a believer. The criticism is totally warranted. He doesn't do enough to make something happen. It's always someone else doing the real leading.

Dobber Sports Icon

Mike Cammalleri was fantastic in the 2010 cup run too. I don't buy individual playoff runs as a sign of leadership. Show me something more sustained and I'll be a believer. The criticism is totally warranted. He doesn't do enough to make something happen. It's always someone else doing the real leading.

I think this is one of those "agree to disagree" moments.