Page 129 of 606 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 139 179 229 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

I kind of wish the NHL would go more harsh on all of these infractions though. This could easily get 3-4 games in my own perfect world where the league actually takes steps to eliminate this stuff rather than going half way and being stopped by the traditionalists who are terrified of change.

To stay in line with precedent I think he gets the 10K fine, and maybe 1 game in an unlikely scenario.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Pacioretty's hit was IMO similar to this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhXbnF9JUB8) which only received a 10K fine.
    Some major differences though. Max is a repeat offender, Dubinsky wasn't. The guy who Dubinksy hit came back in the same game, the Ranger didn't.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Some major differences though. Max is a repeat offender, Dubinsky wasn't. The guy who Dubinksy hit came back in the same game, the Ranger didn't.
    This is still a strong comparable, and I actually believe Dubinsky's was far worse because of how long he could see Scuderi's numbers.

Dobber Sports Expert

The fact Max is a repeat offender will definitely be a factor. I sure don't like how the D man saw him coming and seemed to turn just before the hit though.

Word should be coming down soon.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Expert

Bob McKenzie‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

As others have reported, NHL decides no supplementary discipline for MTL's Max Pacioretty.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Administrator

Was there are least a fine? I think it would be consistent to give him what Dubinsky got for his infraction. Although 10K isn't much to these guys...

Dobber Sports Expert

Pretty sure not. No supplementary discipline, I think means he gets nothing. I really think they made the right call here. I've gone back and watched a few more times....really think the way the D turned his back was crazy.

Dobber Sports Genius

Honestly, it's time for gionta to join Gomez out west. He can't handle the puck anymore, it's ridiculous. I made a comment about it during the game. Over skating it, causing off side etc...then the effing shoot out. I need a chill pill.
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ddp View Post
    Honestly, it's time for gionta to join Gomez out west. He can't handle the puck anymore, it's ridiculous. I made a comment about it during the game. Over skating it, causing off side etc...then the effing shoot out. I need a chill pill.
    Yes you do. They lost in a shootout and picked up a point. It's not the best outcome but far from a stressful game.

Administrator

I was about half way done the game report and my laptop did the blue screen of death and rebooted. I am exhausted from some real life stuff and will take a pass on restarting. I might chime in tomorrow. If anyone else has thoughts please share.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I was about half way done the game report and my laptop did the blue screen of death and rebooted. I am exhausted from some real life stuff and will take a pass on restarting. I might chime in tomorrow. If anyone else has thoughts please share.
    I think Erik Cole was a healthy scratch until he hit the post in the second period. He just doesn't seem to want to play. There was a pretty bad offsides call in the third as well. He had the puck, going down the side, players hustling to catch up. And then he just stopped short of the blue line. When his teammate crossed the line, then he did. Easy offsides call.

On the flip side, Prust seems to play well where ever he ends up in the lineup.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Dobber Sports Guru

One thing I forgot to mention: P.K. Subban did not have a good game. He just seemed off.

Administrator

One thing I forgot to mention: P.K. Subban did not have a good game. He just seemed off.
    I hate when he tries making individual plays along the blueline. Just shoot the puck behind the net if there are no options.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Easily his worst game of the season. Tons of turnovers and individual plays that lead nowhere. Interesting though that Therrien elected to start a PP with him and Diaz at some point. Of course, on the same PP, Markov scores, just to make sure that nobody forgets how good he is on the PP.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Just started a dinstinct thread, but the Habs annonced that Bourque is concussed.

It will be interesting to see how Therrien will react to this. I think that Prust played well with Plekanec and Gionta, but I somehow don't like the idea of him playing there for an extended period of time.