Page 127 of 606 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 137 177 227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Veteran

Eric and all Habs fans posting in this thread,
    I watch all Habs games. I saw what Diaz did to strart the season. I see what he does right now.
    It's obvious that Therrien is looking to find a solution for the PP (1 in last 21 I think...).
    I like the fact that Subban comeback didn't make Diaz to completely disappear.
    He got another assist tonight and logged good minutes. He is available on the wire and I'm thinking about using one of my only two waiver picks to grab him.
    C.Franson and P.Martin are the other guys on top of the wire.
    Would you recommand to grab Diaz in that situation?
    Thank you.
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    Eric and all Habs fans posting in this thread,
    I watch all Habs games. I saw what Diaz did to strart the season. I see what he does right now.
    It's obvious that Therrien is looking to find a solution for the PP (1 in last 21 I think...).
    I like the fact that Subban comeback didn't make Diaz to completely disappear.
    He got another assist tonight and logged good minutes. He is available on the wire and I'm thinking about using one of my only two waiver picks to grab him.
    C.Franson and P.Martin are the other guys on top of the wire.
    Would you recommand to grab Diaz in that situation?
    Thank you.
    What kind of league and if roto what are the categories? Franson and Diaz are different players and depending on the format it can go one way or the other. I don't like Martin as he has not produced historically.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    What kind of league and if roto what are the categories? Franson and Diaz are different players and depending on the format it can go one way or the other. I don't like Martin as he has not produced historically.
    That's for the league in my sig.
    Points only.
    Weekly lineup of 9 F - 4 D - 1 G.
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    That's for the league in my sig.
    Points only.
    Weekly lineup of 9 F - 4 D - 1 G.
    Offensively they are close and Subban's return obviously hurts but Diaz gets 5 minutes more per game on the ice which IMO makes his production more sustainable long-term.

Administrator

I am going to chime in regarding Mathieu Darche's retirement which was announced today. I really wish that he would be on the Habs' team instead of signing guys like Moen, Armstrong and Nokelainen.

In Moen's case I think they are interchangeable but Darche would have signed a shorter contract for less money which is actually coming into play as young players begin to push for roster spots. Darche also has a scoring touch that Moen does not. As for Armstrong/Nokelainen I am 100% convinced that Darche offers more.

This is not a major omission on the roster by any means but his versatility to play in all situations including some moderate success on the power play was very underrated IMO.

Administrator

Default Canadiens 3, Rangers 1

Theme of the game: First place. Not in the Northeast, but in the Eastern Conference. The Habs climbed to the #1 spot with tonight's win.

Player of the game: Brandon Prust. He had his best game as a Hab against his former team with a goal, four hits and a plus-3 rating.

Goaltending: Carey Price 24/25 (.960). He is over the flu. Not much else needs to be said. Just another day at the office.

Alex Galchenyuk continues to show his top-level skill with some great play all over the place and the game-winning goal.

Ryan White has bounced back well including some strong play late during a penalty kill where he won a faceoff to the right of Price.

Max Pacioretty scored his second, this time in the opposing team's zone. Nice pass from Josh Gorges.

Erik Cole once again earned his "part time" label that I have given him. He was the main culprit on the first goal allowed where he allowed Stralman to go to the net freely and have two shots on Price to score. He had a few good rushes but otherwise another mediocre night.

The team has officially transitioned to employing the trap. The last 3-4 games have not been overly entertaining to watch and a lot of that is on the Habs for going out of their way to limit the opposition's chances.

Dobber Sports Guru

Extra credit should go to Eller. He struggled at times, but it was his back check and blocking the shot on the Rangers scoring attempt that led to Galch's goal.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Also extra credit to Rafael Diaz who is making what used to be a weakness turn into an area with no glaring need. With Markov healthy and Diaz emerging as a nice top-4 dman it doesn't look as dire as it once did. I'm not sure how he and Markov hold up long-term but for so far it's been a fun ride.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Also extra credit to Rafael Diaz who is making what used to be a weakness turn into an area with no glaring need. With Markov healthy and Diaz emerging as a nice top-4 dman it doesn't look as dire as it once did. I'm not sure how he and Markov hold up long-term but for so far it's been a fun ride.
    I see a lot of Mark Streit in Diaz. Streit had a better shot, but their progression has been extremely similar. Diaz improved by leaps and bounds in his own zone, and he is very calm and steady with the puck on his stick.

Dobber Sports Initiate

What ever happened to Kaberle? He is not even playing. Anyone know anything
    Points only, 26 team keeper league. keep 8 + 4 prospects. 2 LW,2 RW, 2C, 4 D and G. 1 point goal,1 point assist
    Goalies. 2 points win, 1 for O/T or Shoot out loss, 3 for SO, 2 for assist, 10 for goal. Minus 1 for a loss
    Draft 8 more through draft. Need to have 11 on main team, 9 on reserve. Once roster set, can add 1 injured reserve spot.

Roster:
    LW JVR, Steen, Hagelin
    C Malkin, E. Staal, Nelson
    RW Okposo, Wheeler, Donskoi
    D Demers, Pulock, Savard, Vlasic
    G Holtby

prospects: Frost, Sprong, Andersson, Bear, Niku, Katchouk

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
    Yes we know for sure... He sucks! He will play when one of the top 6 D gets hurt, and he will see limited ice time when it happens, with 2nd wave PP.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
    Diaz pretty much replaced him in the PP. And kaberle isn't strong enough in other areas to have him stay in.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Kaberle fell out of the lineup and there has not been a reason to put him back in.

Dobber Sports Pro

Kaberle fell out of the lineup and there has not been a reason to put him back in.
    I would love to see us trade him and his cap. I'd be fine with St Denis and Weber being the 7th D man.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    I would love to see us trade him and his cap. I'd be fine with St Denis and Weber being the 7th D man.
    If there was a trade option it would've happened by now I think. Kaberle's cap hit does not justify his play and teams know that. He finds ways to get assists but is so weak and incompetent in every other area and I'm pretty sure I've taken better shots with a Canadian Tire mini-stick.