Page 124 of 606 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 134 174 224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Default Bruins 2, Canadiens 1

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Good game so far.

P.K. scored his first of the year, and there are a couple of things related to this goal that catched my eye:

1-P.K. back swing on his slapper. He kept it under the shoulders. Result: he hit the net (the puck deflected, but still). If he can learn to take a little bit of power off his shot in order to hit the target with regularity, his stats will be much better.

2-The reaction of Markov after the goal. He was the first guy to jump in P.K.'s arms, and he was looking really happy for him. Markov was one of the guy who looked bothered with Subban's return, so it is a good indicator that P.K. is doing waht he can to get along with his teamates.

Big third period coming...
    ...and it all crashed and burned within a couple minutes. The team came out flat in the third and completely stopped trying until they had given away the lead and were trailing. The team also lacked some finish which is why they were held to just a goal. They missed the net too many times including some wide open nets.

Nobody played poorly but I would like to see more from goal scorers like Gionta and Cole.

Markov/Emelin were on the ice for both goals against. Neither looked particularly good in coverage.

Overall they played an alright game and did not look out of place against a top team. The Bruins were surprisingly tame in the physical department.

And now I have to go finish my Capped article...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

I know a lot of people love the guy, and I know I'm probably not his biggest fan, but much of the loss of the game is on the shoulders of Pleks.

Overall, his faceoffs percentage seems decent enough. He went 12 for 23, so not bad.

But, he had a horrible third period.

He lost the first faceoff, 14 seconds later, the puck is behind Price. And Pleks was with Seguin until Seguin went to the front of the net, and Pleks left to go to the corner. Seguin was his guy in that case.

A little bit later, he lost a faceoff, and 21 seconds later, the puck is in our net. The guy who scored is the guy who Pleks was trying to backcheck against and couldn't catch up.

He won 2 of 9 faceoffs in third period, when we needed the wins the most.

Throw in the absolute whiff on the breakaway earlier in the game, and it just wasn't a good night for him.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Default Canadiens 4, Sabres 5 (SO)

Player of the game: Tomas Plekanec. He's on fire to start the season and potted another two goals tonight. Great all-around work.

Goat of the game: Ryan White. He did it again with a dumb penalty triggering a comeback by the other team.

Goaltending: Petr Budaj 36/40 (.900). He was ok. It is not easy watching him play because he makes so many shots look awkward when we are used to Carey Price making everything look so easy. He made some great saves though.

I am not sure how that game-tying goal counts when Steve Ott is practically on the goal line pushing Budaj into his net with his leg.

I am still waiting for Erik Cole and Brian Gionta to give a bit more than bare minimum.

Max Pacioretty looked great and is overshadowing Cole on the top line.

Rene Bourque continues to show good signs. Two assists tonight.

PK Subban scored again. His presence next to Andrei Markov is lethal.

Alex Galchenyuk and Brendan Gallagher played less than their usual minutes but looked great. Gallagher scored a goal.

Poor discipline continues to hurt the team. It's not just White, but it's also lazy hooking penalties that are avoidable. Don't put the stick there and there is no risk of getting caught.

RDS is right in comparing the contract Subban wanted to Tyler Myers, who signed 7 years at 5M+ per year and looks like a pylon out there.

Dobber Sports Genius

I personally think Budaj was BRUTAL. He looked like Swiss cheese.
    Cover the puck!! Anyway, no way that guy with no brain White see's the ice for a long while now. What a tool!! Now to be a little more positive, plekanec has looked great at times...Gallagher is great...what effort for a little guy throwing his body around. Early favorite of mine. Back to negative, send colby Armstrong back to the leafs....good guy in the room but his usefulness days are long gone it appears.
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Administrator

White is a good player and was not prone to the meltdowns in the past. I thought of him as maybe a future Dorsett/Prust since he has a mild scoring ability and is also good defensively. Unfortunately this bad stretch could cost him his NHL future. It is possible that he will sit but I can also see him continue to play while Moen is out. Alternatively, Weber could dress next game or they could call up Dumont from Hamilton. We shall see.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    White is a good player and was not prone to the meltdowns in the past. I thought of him as maybe a future Dorsett/Prust since he has a mild scoring ability and is also good defensively. Unfortunately this bad stretch could cost him his NHL future. It is possible that he will sit but I can also see him continue to play while Moen is out. Alternatively, Weber could dress next game or they could call up Dumont from Hamilton. We shall see.
    I wonder how much the first game or two affected White. Remember when Gorges got hit, and White jumped the guy who did it? I think it was against the Panthers. A lot of people were "Yeah, that's exactly what we need." I wonder how much it went to his head, but now he's taking it to the extreme level that we don't need.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I wonder how much the first game or two affected White. Remember when Gorges got hit, and White jumped the guy who did it? I think it was against the Panthers. A lot of people were "Yeah, that's exactly what we need." I wonder how much it went to his head, but now he's taking it to the extreme level that we don't need.
    I didn't feel that way when it happened. You can jump on the guy without actually fighting him and taking a solo major penalty. I just think he feels the heat to prove himself after missing so much time last year to injury.

Administrator

Default Maple Leafs 6, Canadiens 0

This was an awful game and the Habs have now lost three straight. This is not game over by any means, but the team is now at a crossroads. The next week will be very telling in which direction the team goes for the rest of the season. Either the team shows some resilience or they completely derail.

The best player by far was Brendan Gallagher but it was a mixed bad nonetheless. He showed a lot of passion but he needs to stay in control. He should not be fighting in the NHL. He will needlessly get hurt and he is more valuable as a goal scorer.

The talking points coming out are going to be Grabovsky biting Pacioretty and Orr's missed check with his knee out on Plekanec. I don't really have it in me to rant about it right now so I'll leave that to others for now although the two incidents are indicative of how badly the Leafs steamrolled the Habs and kicked sand in their faces all night.

Administrator

Max Pacioretty was seen after the game...

Not sure why he has an eye patch though...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

You could see this getting ugly early. First mtl was playing terribly, and in my biased opinion tor was permitted to take liberties and the habs got frustrated. Even cbc mentioned phaneuf leaving his feet to hit gallagher, kahdri's charge on emelin. He took 6 to 8 long strides before that hit and although not specically in the rules my understanding is more than 3 strides is a charge (distance travelled). So when the habs had a chance to get back in it they couldnt get the call, in fact gallagher was called for diving when a stick was between his legs. Cant blame the refs for the loss but i think for letting it get chippy and out of control you can. You could see it coming very early.
    10 team Keeper, Roto G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP SOG: W, GAA SV%, SO, Keep 4Fwd, 2D, 1G
    Start 3c, 3 LW, 3 RW, flex Fwd, 5D 2G

C: H. Sedin(K), m. Koivu, Plekanec, Galchenyuk,
    LW: D. Sedin(K), B. Ryan(K), Burrows,
    RW: St Louis(K), Hornquist, c neil, alfredson, kassian
    D: Subban (K), Fowler(K), Schultz, Kronwall, dillon
    G; price(k), ward, hiller

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's only one game. I like Montreal's forward depth and their back end has been pretty good so far this season, at least from what I've seen. Oh yeah, and that guy in net, Price I think his name is, he's pretty good.

This is the best Habs team I've seen in a while. So while tonight they didn't look very good, I suspect the next game we will see a different Canadiens squad.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by PriceCrazed View Post
    You could see this getting ugly early. First mtl was playing terribly, and in my biased opinion tor was permitted to take liberties and the habs got frustrated. Even cbc mentioned phaneuf leaving his feet to hit gallagher, kahdri's charge on emelin. He took 6 to 8 long strides before that hit and although not specically in the rules my understanding is more than 3 strides is a charge (distance travelled). So when the habs had a chance to get back in it they couldnt get the call, in fact gallagher was called for diving when a stick was between his legs. Cant blame the refs for the loss but i think for letting it get chippy and out of control you can. You could see it coming very early.
    Biased much? Accept the beat down and move in. It happens...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by sd1976 View Post
    Biased much? Accept the beat down and move in. It happens...
    He can have an opinion if he wants.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Apparently MaxPac will be with the kids for the next game. Will be interesting to see if it brings some more offense for the kids
    10 team Keeper, Roto G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP SOG: W, GAA SV%, SO, Keep 4Fwd, 2D, 1G
    Start 3c, 3 LW, 3 RW, flex Fwd, 5D 2G

C: H. Sedin(K), m. Koivu, Plekanec, Galchenyuk,
    LW: D. Sedin(K), B. Ryan(K), Burrows,
    RW: St Louis(K), Hornquist, c neil, alfredson, kassian
    D: Subban (K), Fowler(K), Schultz, Kronwall, dillon
    G; price(k), ward, hiller

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by PriceCrazed View Post
    Apparently MaxPac will be with the kids for the next game. Will be interesting to see if it brings some more offense for the kids
    Be interesting to see if they get a bunch more ice time, or if maxPac takes a hit in ice time.