Page 122 of 606 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 132 172 222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Banned

they played a great game...the big thing I like to see here too is them bouncing back big from a bad loss...last year they weren't able to do that so this is nice, especially at home

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    they played a great game...the big thing I like to see here too is them bouncing back big from a bad loss...last year they weren't able to do that so this is nice, especially at home
    I totally agree, what a breath of fresh air. Last year's Habs would've never had this kind of response after a bad showing.

Let's hope they can get some revenge on the Sens tomorrow.

Really a great start to the season so far. They've got a home-heavy schedule early on so they really need to keep capitalizing on that.

Administrator

Default Senators 1, Canadiens 2

Player of the game: Max Pacioretty. It was a good team effort and nobody really stood out above the pack so I have to go with the surprise returnee. Well is it really a surprise at this point? I actually predicted this yesterday in the morning when talking to my dad over the phone when I read that Max went from "weeks" to "days". I told my dad I bet he'll be there by Sunday. Anyway, he had a great game and the top line has its swagger back. They were creating chances all game.

Goaltending: Carey Price 32/33 (.970). Outstanding once again. Great positioning to make the tough saves and everything else looks so damn easy. His puck handling is really making a difference now that the team is playing more up-tempo.

Bad officiating in this game. Two bad calls on the Habs in the 2nd (boarding on Gorges, diving on Bouillon) and the Sens' disallowed goal was poor judgment. They missed some obvious stuff and invented things to compensate. Simply brutal.

I don't have much else to add because a lot of players are showing consistency in their game. It's the same as what I've written in past game reports.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Wolverine

What are your thoughts on Rene Bourque so far this season?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    What are your thoughts on Rene Bourque so far this season?
    He looks closer to the 27 goal guy from Calgary than the pylon we saw last year.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    He looks closer to the 27 goal guy from Calgary than the pylon we saw last year.
    That's good to know, thanks.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    That's good to know, thanks.
    Keep in mind he likely will not hit 27 in Montreal as long as they rotate 3 scoring lines and spread out the ice time.

Administrator

Just FYI, TSN released new power rankings with Habs ranked #5:

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/rankings/nhl/

The Wolverine

Keep in mind he likely will not hit 27 in Montreal as long as they rotate 3 scoring lines and spread out the ice time.
    Yeah I wasn't expecting a sudden return to that level but it's nice to see him getting back on track and into fantasy relevance again, especially in multiple category leagues.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I disagree... as long as he will see PP time, as he and his linemates actually do, he has a very legit chance to hit that mark this season (prorated, of course). The PP, obviously, has to be as good as it is so far. But PP is the key...

Yes, the Habs are rolling three lines, but here are the top points getter fot the Habs at even strength:

Galchenyuk: 7 pts
    Gallagher: 5 pts
    Bouillon: 4 pts
    Cole: 3 pts

The rest of the team has 2 or less.

Therrien might roll the lines at ES, but as long as he gives Plekanec's line its share of PP time, they will produce.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    I disagree... as long as he will see PP time, as he and his linemates actually do, he has a very legit chance to hit that mark this season (prorated, of course). The PP, obviously, has to be as good as it is so far. But PP is the key...

Yes, the Habs are rolling three lines, but here are the top points getter fot the Habs at even strength:

Galchenyuk: 7 pts
    Gallagher: 5 pts
    Bouillon: 4 pts
    Cole: 3 pts

The rest of the team has 2 or less.

Therrien might roll the lines at ES, but as long as he gives Plekanec's line its share of PP time, they will produce.
    Plekanec and Gionta are about as inconsistent as it gets. If someone set an over/under on Bourque at 27 (16 in 48 games) I would gladly take the under.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Plekanec and Gionta are about as inconsistent as it gets. If someone set an over/under on Bourque at 27 (16 in 48 games) I would gladly take the under.
    Might be true for Gionta, but Plekanec and inconsistent does not belong in the same sentence. The only thing that has been inconsistent with Plekanec over the last couple of season, was the quality of his linemates.

Administrator

Might be true for Gionta, but Plekanec and inconsistent does not belong in the same sentence. The only thing that has been inconsistent with Plekanec over the last couple of season, was the quality of his linemates.
    Plekanec is awesome defensively but his offensive game can disappear. I just don't think Bourque can keep it together long enough to hit 27.

Dobber Sports Guru

Aren't his linemates the same? He played with Bourque for much of last year. And Gionta before he got injured. According to Behind the Net, Bourque and Gionta were his two top linemates last year in 5 on 5 situation.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Aren't his linemates the same? He played with Bourque for much of last year. And Gionta before he got injured. According to Behind the Net, Bourque and Gionta were his two top linemates last year in 5 on 5 situation.
    Gionta was injured on January 10 and missed the rest of the year... Bourque played his first game on January 15... I highly doubt they were his top linemates...