Page 117 of 606 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 127 167 217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I think that does nothing for Galchenyuk or the team unless he is given reasonable ice time.
    Agreed, he needs to play with top 6 players and be given PP time or this time up with the Habs is wasted. He has very little to gain from playing with Moen and Prust for 8 min a game.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    Agreed, he needs to play with top 6 players and be given PP time or this time up with the Habs is wasted. He has very little to gain from playing with Moen and Prust for 8 min a game.
    I consider Galchenyuk line as the third one, not the 4th. But we all agree, if he sees minimal ice time and no time at all on the PP, he must go back to junior. There is a case to be made about sending him to junior anyway, but that is another debate.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    I consider Galchenyuk line as the third one, not the 4th. But we all agree, if he sees minimal ice time and no time at all on the PP, he must go back to junior. There is a case to be made about sending him to junior anyway, but that is another debate.
    To me the "line number" does not matter. It's about linemates and ice time, which both affect opportunity to produce. The goon line might be the 4th by definition but I see enough good things from them that they are not your typical 4th line and deserve their own share of ice time.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    To me the "line number" does not matter. It's about linemates and ice time, which both affect opportunity to produce. The goon line might be the 4th by definition but I see enough good things from them that they are not your typical 4th line and deserve their own share of ice time.
    yeah I'm loving what I've seen from Prust so far, great energy and 'shit disturbing' skills

Dobber Sports Padawan

Well... that was better than Saturday!

The Florida Panthers were on end side of a 3 games in 4 nights, and it showed, but still, great efforts by the Habs.

Quick hits:

-Carey Price was good... very good... again.

-Markov will probably never be the player he was before his string of injuries, but he still can QB a power play. His presence alone on the backend with the man advantage will give the Habs a dangerous PP, which will translate into a few more wins this season.

-Diaz played good on the PP too. He still need to hit the net more often, but he looked calm and poised back there.

-Great to see Galchenyuk score. First of many. Really like how his line played.

-I still think his contract is going to bite the Habs later, but Prust is playing great hockey so far. His physicality and play along the boards was crucial on his line.

-DD's line played way better than Saturday, and they should have scored at leadt twice. They will get their game going pretty soon.

-Another good game by Bourque. I like his hustle and the way he attacked the net, forcing Dmen to take penalties on him.

Eller is going to have a great seat again on Thursday.
    Last edited by habs83; January 22, 2013 at 11:06 PM.

Administrator

Default Panthers 1, Canadiens 4

The theme of the game: Nostalgia.

Tonight we saw the return of Alexei Kovalev to Montreal, but this time in a Panthers' uniform. I was surprised with how well he moved - barely seems to have aged.

But more importantly, we had a temporary look at what Andrei Markov was back in 2008. For (maybe) one night only, he once again became the NHL's most underrated star defenseman. He scored twice on good accurate slappers but was even more impressive feeding passes on the tape every single time. Then he was the team's MVP during the long penalty kills at the end of the game.

Goaltending: outstanding.

Carey Price was not very busy even though he faced 28 shots. Most of them hit him in the middle of the body but that was because his positioning could not be better. No rust on this guy. He's good to go.

Other notes:

In a complete reversal of Saturday's loss, no player played poorly. Everyone was at least passable. Even Kaberle.

One big concern is lack of discipline. It's not about the physical game - I like that stuff. But the tripping, hooking, holding the stick... in the words of Mike Ditka, stop it! This is nothing new though, since this has been plaguing the team in recent years.

I traded Ryan White in a roto dynasty league and he picks up 27 PIM. Thanks for that.

Alex Galchenyuk scored his first goal on a nice deflection. He is not flashy but has a positive impact on most shifts.

Let's be serious though, the Panthers are not a very good team. They won their division and deserved their playoff spot, but I think they were a below-average team that took advantage of the standings being so tight. I think statistical randomness made them hit their best-case scenario. All of this to say that the Habs are still a work in progress. It's one game, but for this night there were a lot of positive signs.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

What are the chances Gallagher sticks around for the whole season?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habsfan12 View Post
    What are the chances Gallagher sticks around for the whole season?
    As long as his line with Galchenyuk produces he will stay. But I think with AHL eligibility he will have a shorter leash.

Administrator

Should be the same lineup for tonight's game.

Administrator

Default Canadiens 4, Capitals 1

Theme of the night: Perfect road game. You know it's a good night on the road when you cannot hear the crowd and it sounds like you're in Phoenix. The Habs did a great job taking the crowd out of the game and not doing anything to put their lead in jeopardy.

Goaltending: Carey Price 30/31 (.968). Simply amazing. He makes it look so easy. His puck handling efficiency is way up too.

Offence: The top line was silent again. Something is off there but I still think they should stay together and work it out. At least they are collecting assists on Markov's goals. The Plekanec line carried the team. The Galchenyuk line did a lot of good things even though they did not score. Perfect play by them with the lead. The fourth line was barely noticeable.

Defence: Markov was once again outstanding with two points. He was dominant at both ends. Diaz is producing and is the latest Markov sidekick to play the best hockey of his career. Gorges was outstanding in his own end and always gives top effort. He was rewarded with a goal. Emelin looks a lot more confident out there. Bouillon is steady and reliable. Kaberle is about the only player on the team that I would say had a bad game, but that is par for course with him.

Overall impression: Every team is talented enough to win some games. Sustainability is the key. Let's see if the coach can continue to get good effort out of the classic "part-timers".

Up next: Sunday 6PM vs New Jersey

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Do you think Galchenyuk stays? I'm sure he doesnt look out of place but will he get the ice time to develope. From the net radio feed it siunds like he's getting secondary pp time
    10 team Keeper, Roto G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP SOG: W, GAA SV%, SO, Keep 4Fwd, 2D, 1G
    Start 3c, 3 LW, 3 RW, flex Fwd, 5D 2G

C: H. Sedin(K), m. Koivu, Plekanec, Galchenyuk,
    LW: D. Sedin(K), B. Ryan(K), Burrows,
    RW: St Louis(K), Hornquist, c neil, alfredson, kassian
    D: Subban (K), Fowler(K), Schultz, Kronwall, dillon
    G; price(k), ward, hiller

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PriceCrazed View Post
    Do you think Galchenyuk stays? I'm sure he doesnt look out of place but will he get the ice time to develope. From the net radio feed it siunds like he's getting secondary pp time
    If it were my decision, I wouldn't rush his development. Lots has been said already about why burn one contract year in a shortened season, ESPECIALLY if he's not a key part of the offense or playing big minutes.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    If it were my decision, I wouldn't rush his development. Lots has been said already about why burn one contract year in a shortened season, ESPECIALLY if he's not a key part of the offense or playing big minutes.
    Agreed. Dif story if your competing for a cup and he's helping you win. Let him dominate elsewhere (ahem islanders re. Neiderreiter)
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Padawan

The only challenge is that his other option is going back to Sarnia. Which is fine, but he has nothing to prove there. He'd be best suited in the AHL, but that can't happen.
    Setting up the play.

Dobber Sports All-Star

What, if anything, do you think the Benn signing does for PK's case? For me at least, Benn is a more valuable piece to his team than PK is and I would think this could translate to 4 year at $4 million per deal for PK, which I would be thrilled with.

I haven't talked Habs in a while and needed to get my chat on!
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com