Page 113 of 607 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 123 163 213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    By that logic... if the season starts Jan 15, he would be ready on the 14th... if the season starts on the 19th, he would be ready on the 17th. He will be there for opening night.
    I don't doubt it... what I meant is that he does not need the week-long training camp to get his timing back.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    I don't doubt it... what I meant is that he does not need the week-long training camp to get his timing back.
    Oh yeah... just saying when I saw the 7-10 day part that's the first thing that came to mind.

"When the games count I'll be there."

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Some readings for Habs fans:

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...93-scott-gomez

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...es-this-season

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...o-1-price-says

Getting eager for more news as the season nears. The top 5 things to watch in the coming weeks (IMO):

1) Getting Subban signed
    2) Does Galchenyuk make the team?
    3) How much does Markov have left in the tank?
    4) Does the team get the secondary scoring it needs?
    5) With the cap set to drop, will Bergevin be able to move some pieces around to continue cleaning the mess made by Gainey/Gauthier?

The Magnificent One

So I know i ask this once or twice a yr but any updates on avstin? Will he make the NHL? I see he played very few AHL games this yr any reason why?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    So I know i ask this once or twice a yr but any updates on avstin? Will he make the NHL? I see he played very few AHL games this yr any reason why?
    I would say Avtsin is a 99% no. If he was producing I could see him surprising but he's not and he's never in the Hamilton lineup either. I think guys like Dumont, Leblanc, Gallagher and Palushaj will get the call first.

Dobber Sports Guru

Cole thinking of retiring after the season: http://www.montrealgazette.com/mobil...tml?id=7808831

Says his family plus some things he doesn't like in the CBA are reasons why.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Cole thinking of retiring after the season: http://www.montrealgazette.com/mobil...tml?id=7808831

That's the hidden risk of lockouts - you give some players the taste of life outside of hockey. It's not a cult or religion anymore when you're at home waiting for lawyers to sort it all out.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post

It's in La Presse this morning as well. Journalist said Cole seemed to have a hard time dealing with all the losing last season and, despite his nice personal stats, did not seem to be enjoying himself.

Administrator

I think deep down Cole is upset with the CBA resolution for the same reason that I am. The players gained 89 million in make whole between October and now, while losing 800+ million in the process for the missed games. They gained in pension but that could have been done had it been resolved in October too. They gained a couple years on max contract length but that only affects about 2% of the league, and certainly not vets like Cole. I think the players had a decent plan and executed it horribly.

He may retire but statistically players will try to milk every dollar out of their career that they can. Cole has some good money left to be earned so I think he sticks around.

Administrator

Dobber Sports Padawan

According to this article, Louis Leblanc is experiencing an awful experience in Hamilton this season. The source seems to be a player on the Bulldogs.

Article in French
    http://www.985sports.ca/hockey/nouve...on-200432.html

To summarize the article, it appears that Leblanc is the whipping boy of the coaching staff. They keep telling him that his future in the NHL is, at best, as a 3rd liner, so they tell him that he needs to prepare accordingly, whichi explains why he plays on the fourth line, playing only 8 or 9 minutes a night.

They also harrass him during practices, telling him he's not good and that his skating is horrible. The source says that Leblanc is completely down, that he doesn't sleep much and that he reconsider his future in hockey.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Gomez will not play for the habs this season and will be bought out at the end of the season.

Per RDS

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/354507.html

Dobber Sports Stud

Leblanc, St-Denis, Blunden, Bournival and Holland have been invited to camp.

Dobber Sports Stud

The Montreal Canadiens and RFA P.K. Subban are "not close" to a deal, his agent told Dave Stubbs of the Montreal Gazette via text message.
    This reeks of an agent trying to spin the public face of negotiations in favor of his client. Still, barring a last-minute change of heart, it appears the talks are likely to linger into the weekend, which is not at all what Habs fans wanted to hear. We still expect something to get done in the next week, but all we can do is wait out the process.
    Source: Dave Stubbs on Twitter
    Jan 15 - 4:16 PM

Not good at all!! come on PK!
    Fantasy Hockey Keeper Leagues
    {Linden Cup Year 9: 16 GM Points only - Hockeydraft} "Back 2 Back Champions!"
    {TBIM Year 3: 18 GM H2H - Fantrax}
    {NFHA II Inaugural Year 1: 20 GM Roto Salary cap- Fantrax}
    {ZFHL Year 1: 30 GM Roto Salary cap - Fantrax}
    {NHDL Year 1: 16 GM H2H - Fantrax}

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pretsel27 View Post
    The Montreal Canadiens and RFA P.K. Subban are "not close" to a deal, his agent told Dave Stubbs of the Montreal Gazette via text message.
    This reeks of an agent trying to spin the public face of negotiations in favor of his client. Still, barring a last-minute change of heart, it appears the talks are likely to linger into the weekend, which is not at all what Habs fans wanted to hear. We still expect something to get done in the next week, but all we can do is wait out the process.
    Source: Dave Stubbs on Twitter
    Jan 15 - 4:16 PM

Not good at all!! come on PK!
    No way the public takes PK's side on this. So far, all I've heard is how he should stop whining, sign a bridge contract like Price and Pacioretty did and start playing.

I just don't see how he can win this argument. I doubt Bergevin will falter and I think he's ready to start the season without him. Obviously, the Habs are a much better team with Subban in the lineup but it would send a very bad message if Bergevin was to agree with Subban's demands.