Page 109 of 606 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 119 159 209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    All kinds of twittering indicating that the Habs and Subban have agreed to a 3 year deal for $12M or thereabouts - of course that fraud kid blogger hockeyinsidderrr or however he spells it has now gone hogwild and accounts for lots of those tweets (I've unfollowed him but it's getting retweeted by sources I follow, unfortunately), but the original reports came from other sources, including Josh Rimer (pretty good source).

That would be a pretty good deal, not too much cap hit but enough to act as quite a lucrative "bridge" contract. Of course when the deal is up it means the Habs are probably looking at a long term contract at $6M plus (although we'll see what the new CBA will allow).
    If it was real I think we would have heard by now. One of the many reasons why I am still not a consistent Twitter user.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Unfortunately, this thread and the others may not receive much love during the lockout since there will not be a lot of team-related news. However, we are still open for fantasy questions, comments, anything. We have fun discussions in here and there is no reason why that should stop.

Dobber Sports Padawan

At the team's golf tournament today, Michel Therrien said that he will leave the line of Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole intact... hey, at least it's hockey related news.

Link (French): http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...on-en-cage.php

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    At the team's golf tournament today, Michel Therrien said that he will leave the line of Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole intact... hey, at least it's hockey related news.

Link (French): http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...on-en-cage.php
    To me this is fairly obvious, especially right now. Never hurts to have the coach reaffirm it though. They would have to play a few bad games to be split up. Even then, they will probably be reunited very quickly.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    To me this is fairly obvious, especially right now. Never hurts to have the coach reaffirm it though. They would have to play a few bad games to be split up. Even then, they will probably be reunited very quickly.
    I was hoping for them to stay together, but a case could be made to give a proven winger with size to Plekanec to balance the offense. Pleks and Gionta need a partner that will go to the tough areas, crash the net and dig the puck out of the corners.

Administrator

Not fantasy relevant at all, but here is an interview with former Hab Jocelyn Thibault. I have a soft spot for him since he was the main piece coming back to Montreal in the Patrick Roy trade and this is around the time where my interest in hockey was growing.

http://ourhistory.canadiens.com/arti...-Jocelyn-Thiba

Dobber Sports Guru

Not fantasy relevant at all, but here is an interview with former Hab Jocelyn Thibault. I have a soft spot for him since he was the main piece coming back to Montreal in the Patrick Roy trade and this is around the time where my interest in hockey was growing.

http://ourhistory.canadiens.com/arti...-Jocelyn-Thiba
    Nice read. I remember going to a game in Ottawa between the Sens and Habs shortly after the trade. Thibault played well, and the crowdwas chanting his name. He was actually pretty good after the trade for a while.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Nice read. I remember going to a game in Ottawa between the Sens and Habs shortly after the trade. Thibault played well, and the crowdwas chanting his name. He was actually pretty good after the trade for a while.
    He was just too small for the grind and his mental game wasn't top notch either.

Dobber Sports Stud

and this is around the time where my interest in hockey was growing.
    Man, that sucks. I don't imagine I would have become the Habs fan that I am today if that had been when I started following hockey.

Being older (I assume), I had the very good luck of first getting interested in hockey during the 1985-1986 season. Before then, I would hear about players and stuff but didn't actually watch the games (I was a kid and no one in my home was really into sports). For whatever reason, I started following the team that year... and got to follow them all the way to the Stanley Cup. Fan for life ever since.
    Last edited by Thunder; September 21, 2012 at 5:58 PM.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Being older (I assume), I had the very good luck of first getting interested in hockey during the 1985-1986 season. Before then, I would hear about players and stuff but didn't actually watch the games (I was a kid and no one in my home was really into sports). For whatever reason, I started following the team that year... and got to follow them all the way to the Stanley Cup. Fan for life ever since.
    Funny, I can say the exact same thing except I was watching the 1992-93 season... Winning will bring the fan out of you!
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Man, that sucks. I don't imagine I would have become the Habs fan that I am today if that had been when I started following hockey.

I became a fan in 1993, hovering between Habs fan (my dad's team) and the Penguins (my cousin's team). I was 7 years old that year. In 1996 I turned 10, and that's around the time when I was able to stay up later and keep up with games.

Dobber Sports Guru

By sheer coincidence, I started cheering for the Habs in the regular season in 89. My brother started cheering for the Flames that same season. So of course, they met in the finals and his team won.

Stupid Flames.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Stud

Wink

I became a fan in 1993, hovering between Habs fan (my dad's team) and the Penguins (my cousin's team). I was 7 years old that year. In 1996 I turned 10, and that's around the time when I was able to stay up later and keep up with games.
    Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    By sheer coincidence, I started cheering for the Habs in the regular season in 89. My brother started cheering for the Flames that same season. So of course, they met in the finals and his team won.

Stupid Flames.
    Well, 1993 was a pretty good year too.

As for the 89 Flames, as crushed as I was, I figure if you're going to lose might as well be to a team like that. Always respected those guys.

Administrator

Sort of fell under the radar but Erik Cole spent the summer dealing with a lower body injury. His summer training prevented proper healing. The lockout is saving him from missing some time in training camp.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Sort of fell under the radar but Erik Cole spent the summer dealing with a lower body injury. His summer training prevented proper healing. The lockout is saving him from missing some time in training camp.
    At his age definitely someone who benefits from the lockout. He was a huge part of the success Pacioretty and DD had last year.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified