Page 141 of 606 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 151 191 241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    It was a fun game to watch tonight. The Habs never gave up. Lots of love for Gallagher, even amongst us non-Habs fans! Just love players like that.

I was cheering for Rask to get the W for my fantasy league, but yeah, it was entertaining to say the least! Just the type of game Montreal needs against the Bruins. We've gotta see a playoff series with these two teams. Could be epic!
    Habs-Bruins playoff series are always epic.

I'd love for both teams to face off in the 2nd round of the playoffs. It's been a while since they've faced each other deeper than the 1st round.

Administrator

Default Canadiens 6, Bruins 5 (SO)

Theme of the game: at a loss for words. Maybe I am just not used to cheering for a talented, winning team but after the second period it was the low point for me this season. At least the lowest since the team came out flat on opening night. The team looked like it was giving up on the game. But they came back and didn't stop till the game was tied with 8 second left. I still don't know how to process all of this in the big picture aside from the emotional high following the win.

Player of the game: PK Subban. He is not the only candidate but his play all over the ice was outstanding. On top of that, his agitating was done in a way that he knew he was getting under the opposition's skin and could yank their chain at will. He did great staying in control.

Goaltending: Carey Price 22/26 (.846). He was not spectacular but I don't pin the misfortune on him. The team had given up in the second. He can only twist and turn so much to keep pucks out.

Petr Budaj 14/15 (.933). Excellent work. Did everything he could to give the team a chance to come back. He did well in the shootout although the Bruins kept shooting right at him or missing the net.

The honorable mention for player of the game is Brendan Gallagher, who continues to earn a ton of respect for his hard work and scoring touch. He participated in the comeback and although he did not deflect the tying goal, his presence in front of the net was a factor.

Alexei Emelin and Andrei Markov had their worst outings of the season. For Emelin it was simply awful. Everything he did turned negative. Markov made several mistakes but saved his night with the tying goal.

I'll add more thoughts as they come. Just wrote my weekly capped article so I'm pretty tired at this point.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

Three quick thoughts for me:

1) Just to add what Eric had said, Price couldn't have been faulted on those goals last night. Two-on-ones. Marchand alone in front of the net. A deflection to Bergeron for an open-net power-play goal. The defence was brutal in the second.

2) I think Bouillion needs to come off the powerplay. I understand the Habs need someone back there with Diaz injured, but he's not working out. No points back there, doesn't have a hard shot, not a great passer. It feels like the powerplay fizzles when he's on the ice.

3) Not sure exactly when it happened, but it seems like Galch started slumping once Gallagher came off his line. I wonder if they should try re-uniting them for a game or two. Or does DD and MaxPac need him more?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Pro

Tinordi and Dumont sent down, Beaulieu called up.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...eu-rappele.php

Habs need help on the point on that 2nd PP unit. Gorges and Bouillon haven't fared particularly well. I just hope Beaulieu also sees a little of time at even strength.

Dobber Sports Guru

Apparently Prust might be back for the game tomorrow night? That's why they sent down Dumont?

I haven't seen confirmation, but that's what I've heard. Can anyone confirm?

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Administrator

Administrator

Tomas Kaberle on waivers.

Administrator

Default Hurricanes 1, Canadiens 4

Theme of the game: Two more points. Nothing else really stood out. It was a balanced effort that ended with a good result. The team is up to 51 points and continues to position itself favorably for the playoffs.

Player of the game: Carey Price 18/19 (.947). This is his second consecutive strong outing. Not overly busy tonight but several shots were good scoring chances. He did well protecting the lead before the team closed it out with two late goals.

PK Subban added another assist but overall had a tough night with two penalties that could have been avoided. He was getting into it with Eric Staal which put him out of position a couple times. This exchange clearly favored the Hurricanes.

Max Pacioretty added a pair of goals in the third including an empty-netter.

Colby Armstrong could be out for a while. He had a random collision with Pat Dwyer and could barely put weight on his leg. I did not see him return but missed short stretches of the game while attending to other things.

Nathan Beaulieu collected his first NHL point which was an assist on Jeff Halpern's game-winning goal.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Sebastian Collberg and Charles Hudon will finish the season in the AHL with the Bulldogs. Will be interesting to see how they do.

Olivier Archambault, a fourth round pick in 2011, has not signed a contract with the club, but will also play with the Bulldogs on a tryout.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Sebastian Collberg and Charles Hudon will finish the season in the AHL with the Bulldogs. Will be interesting to see how they do.

Olivier Archambault, a fourth round pick in 2011, has not signed a contract with the club, but will also play with the Bulldogs on a tryout.
    I'll have to send in updates for Collberg and Hudon to DobberProspects. Archambault... what does this do regarding his draft status? Does the amateur tryout contract negate him going back into the draft if he does not sign an ELC after two years of being drafted?

Administrator

I am especially interested in seeing what Collberg can do considering that his play in Sweden was very inconclusive. He just didn't get enough ice time so his true potential is still a mystery.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post

Any source for the Collberg/Hudon news?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Any source for the Collberg/Hudon news?
    Collberg [French] http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...in-de-hamilton

Hudon [French] http://www.rds.ca/hockey/lah/hudon-p...ldogs-1.604698

Dobber Sports Padawan

Brady Vail already played 5 games with Hamilton, posting a goal and an assist

Dobber Sports Guru

Thoughts on the trade deadline? I have conflicting views. On one hand, I believe if we're at the start of a re-tool/rebuild (whatever you want to call it), it's better to stay the course and keep our young guys and draft picks.

On the other hand, we're in first, and could be looking at home ice advantage for at least the first round, even if Boston catches up. Teams don't get that opportunity often, so why not take advantage while we can? Plus, we have three second rounders, so why not deal one for short-term help?

So I flip back and forth. Just wondering what others think.