Page 197 of 606 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 207 247 297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Guru

I kept flipping back and forth, so I missed parts of the game. But it felt like guys on both sides kept falling on the ice. Was the ice really bad or something? Didn't look good for a billion dollar renovation.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I kept flipping back and forth, so I missed parts of the game. But it felt like guys on both sides kept falling on the ice. Was the ice really bad or something? Didn't look good for a billion dollar renovation.
    Looks like their makeover worked about as well as it did for Yahoo...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

Noticed the same thing. And the puck was bouncing around all game long. The ice in MSG was known to be one of the worst in the NHL, and I thought that they would be able to fix this issue at least partially with the renovation...

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Noticed the same thing. And the puck was bouncing around all game long. The ice in MSG was known to be one of the worst in the NHL, and I thought that they would be able to fix this issue at least partially with the renovation...
    Pierre McGuire was saying this morning that they have a new ice machine, so the ice should get better as the season goes on.

Also mentioned, the $1 billion renovation is for 10 years, as they plan to move to a new arena then. That's just crazy.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Administrator

You forgot to mention Blunden. He recorded a hit. Plan on keeping him in your pool now?
    Sad development: due to scheduling and roster positions, etc, I have no RW or F slots open to use Blunden tonight. So he's on the bench for now and will probably be dropped soon.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Sad development: due to scheduling and roster positions, etc, I have no RW or F slots open to use Blunden tonight. So he's on the bench for now and will probably be dropped soon.
    That's sad, but you must have a heck of a team to let a stud like Blunden on the bench!

Administrator

That's sad, but you must have a heck of a team to let a stud like Blunden on the bench!
    Yeah, my fighters are the types that don't just fall on their faces before any punches are thrown. Thus, Blunden gets to see the bench.

Administrator

Perreault is back so the Blunden adventures are over. The other Habs that I own in that league are Plekanec (one of the best in the format), Christian Thomas and Magnus Nygren.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Perreault is back so the Blunden adventures are over. The other Habs that I own in that league are Plekanec (one of the best in the format), Christian Thomas and Magnus Nygren.
    I usually have a strict rule of not drafting Habs players in my league... but in my last draft, I ended up with Subban, Bourque, Budaj, Collberg, McCarron and Hudon. So let's say that it isn't a strict rule anymore.

Administrator

I usually have a strict rule of not drafting Habs players in my league... but in my last draft, I ended up with Subban, Bourque, Budaj, Collberg, McCarron and Hudon. So let's say that it isn't a strict rule anymore.
    I don't actually have a rule like that but historically I have not gone with a lot of Habs players for various reasons. The main one being that most of my league rivals are Canadian so Habs/Leafs players have inflated value. I don't like to reach so I was usually content letting them go to others.

Dobber Sports Guru

I don't actually have a rule like that but historically I have not gone with a lot of Habs players for various reasons. The main one being that most of my league rivals are Canadian so Habs/Leafs players have inflated value. I don't like to reach so I was usually content letting them go to others.
    I try to stay away from drafting Habs players because I generally overvalue the ones I like, and undervalue those I don't. However, I will trade for them, because I find it easier to make a fair trade for Habs players than to draft them.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yep... in the past (10-15 years ago), the main reason why I did not own a lot of Habs players, was because there was not a lot of Habs players that carried a lot of fantasy value... the great days of Oleg Petrov leading the Habs in scoring (he's one of my favorite players by the way) and Andreas Dackell finishing among the top 5...

Administrator

Default Stars 1, Canadiens 2

Overall thoughts

It's nice to pick up some wins. This game had a bit more tempo than what we saw yesterday but was still more of a chess match than anything. Granted, tons of chances at both ends ended up missing the net so they don't register in the shot total. The team did excellent work protecting the lead in the final minute, particularly Tomas Plekanec and Brian Gionta.

Carey Price

He was excellent. His one goal allowed was a soft one but that was the only shot to beat him. Water under the bridge. He was the difference in this one.

Louis Leblanc

Much better than last night. He was very strong all night and breathed life into the Desharnais/Bourque duo. He had an effect similar to Bournival on his line and Gallagher on the top line.

Michael Bournival

Excellent yet again. He scored the first goal of the game on a deflection. Plekanec and Gionta are better players since he arrived on their line.

Rafael Diaz

Strong night at both ends. My only complaint is that a lot of his shots miss the net. Even the shot that led to the first goal was not going towards the net until it deflected in off of a Dallas defender. Two assists, plus-2 and three blocks is impressive though.

The Great One

I try to stay away from drafting Habs players because I generally overvalue the ones I like, and undervalue those I don't. However, I will trade for them, because I find it easier to make a fair trade for Habs players than to draft them.
    Galchenyuk for Stamkos?

Dobber Sports Icon

thx for the leblanc update Eric.
    you do a great job here at dobber.