Page 125 of 606 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 135 175 225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

The rookies will be up from their 10-12 minutes and Cole/Desharnais will not get top line minutes with Prust at their side. But overall the three line rotation will continue.

Anyone think there is a trade market for Moen right now? He is too much like Armstrong and Armstrong does nothing.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The rookies will be up from their 10-12 minutes and Cole/Desharnais will not get top line minutes with Prust at their side. But overall the three line rotation will continue.

Anyone think there is a trade market for Moen right now? He is too much like Armstrong and Armstrong does nothing.
    Do you know what the lines look like for the next game?

As for Moen, tough to say. Some teams might like his grittiness, and his cap hit isn't that bad. I just think he's signed for too long. Another three years after this one? That's not going to bring a lot of callers.

According to cap geek, he's got a modified no-trade for the next year and a half, so that could deter any trade as well.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Icon

Any truth to this possibility?

From Fantrax:

(2/11/13) Brandon Prust skated on the top line during Monday's practice. Prust is primarily known in fantasy circles for the amount of time he spends in the sin bin. Putting him on the same line as Erik Cole and David Desharnais makes him a very appealing fantasy option, but obviously this could be a temporary assignment. Prust has averaged 11:47 minutes per game this season and it will be interesting to see if that significantly changes over the next few contests.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    Any truth to this possibility?

From Fantrax:
    This is what I read today. It appears that Prust and Pacioretty switched spots.

Dobber Sports Icon

well a habs fan I know here in Toronto(blasphempy I say!!!) is arguing with me on this.

He says
    1st line= Bourque-Plek-gionta,
    new 2nd =Pacioretty-gally-gallagher
    Leaving Prust with DD and Cole for 3rd line duties.

Dobber Sports Padawan

well a habs fan I know here in Toronto(blasphempy I say!!!) is arguing with me on this.

He says
    With Prust taking Pacioretty's spot on that line, it is no longer the top line for sure. Your friend's assesment is correct, but Therrien will spred the ice time at even strength between the three top lines. I fully expect the Plekanec line and Galchenyuk's to see the lion's share of PP.

Administrator

He says
    Those appear to be the lines for now. What is the argument about?

Dobber Sports Veteran

He says
    If you determine line # with playing time, your friend might be right.
    I really think DD line will receive less es time than the kids'.
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Administrator

Default Canadiens 4, Lightning 3 (SO)

Theme of the game: Beggars can't be choosers. Ideally this would have been over after 60 minutes with the Habs up 3-0 and hanging on for a win. It is sad that they stopped trying to score during the third period and went into a shell. All of their shots were perimeter attempts - easy to stop. Prevent defense failed and the game went to overtime. It's not a good thing to give the Lightning a point but when you lose three straight you take whatever you can get.

Goaltending: Carey Price 21/24 (.875). He was good but the meltdown makes his stats look bad.

Player of the game: PK Subban. Not spectacular but stood out above the pack with a goal and an assist. Great work moving the puck all night.

Brandon Prust looked good with Erik Cole and David Desharnais. It was a good spark for them tonight. They did not score in regulation but they were a net positive on the ice which was a good thing.

Max Pacioretty with the two rookies produced mixed results. Mostly good, but it was not as much of an instant hit.

Brian Gionta scored but something still looks off with his game.

Travis Moen snapped his "Gomez streak" with his first goal since late 2011.

This was Colby Armstrong's best game as a Hab.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Theme of the game: Beggars can't be choosers. Ideally this would have been over after 60 minutes with the Habs up 3-0 and hanging on for a win. It is sad that they stopped trying to score during the third period and went into a shell. All of their shots were perimeter attempts - easy to stop. Prevent defense failed and the game went to overtime. It's not a good thing to give the Lightning a point but when you lose three straight you take whatever you can get.

Goaltending: Carey Price 21/24 (.875). He was good but the meltdown makes his stats look bad.

Player of the game: PK Subban. Not spectacular but stood out above the pack with a goal and an assist. Great work moving the puck all night.

Brandon Prust looked good with Erik Cole and David Desharnais. It was a good spark for them tonight. They did not score in regulation but they were a net positive on the ice which was a good thing.

Max Pacioretty with the two rookies produced mixed results. Mostly good, but it was not as much of an instant hit.

Brian Gionta scored but something still looks off with his game.

Travis Moen snapped his "Gomez streak" with his first goal since late 2011.

This was Colby Armstrong's best game as a Hab.
    I thought Eller played a pretty good game too. I would not be surprised if Therrien tries him alongside Desharnais and Cole soon.

Dobber Sports Guru

A stupid statistic that no one but me might care about (I love stupid stats): Pleks has four minor penalties so far this year. The opposition has scored on all four of them.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Ninja

Max Pacioretty gets 13:20 of ice timein an overtime game.

Just as I acquired him too. Great.

Administrator

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=655588

Habs acquire Tokarski for Desjardins.

Administrator

Justin Goldman has Tokarski ranked as the #18 prospect and Desjardins #13.

http://thegoalieguild.com/wp-content...p25jan2013.pdf

Administrator

Default Canadiens 1, Panthers 0 (OT)

Theme of the game: boring. This was a snooze fest. I suppose it's difficult to get intense with so many empty seats around the benches.

Player of the game: Carey Price 26/26 (1.000). He gets his first shutout of the year. He was not busy and most of the shots looked easy to handle. He did make the big saves when needed though.

Alex Galchenyuk made a great play picking the pocket of the defender deep in the Panthers' end before setting up Rene Bourque for the game-winning goal.

The original lines were put back together while the flow of the game was non-existent. Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole did not score but produced a ton of chances.

Erik Cole is playing hurt and has been for a while. It looks like a shoulder, rib or back issue. He favors the middle of his body often after taking hits.

Lars Eller looked very good and deserves better than a fourth-line spot but with depth up front someone has to be the odd man out.

PK Subban had a great night moving the puck and creating chances.

Brian Gionta still looks lost out there. I know people can go through slumps but as captain he should look to go above and beyond to create sparks for the team. Instead he does what he does and doesn't give an ounce more.

Team discipline was a lot better tonight than in the past although the team did get bailed out by the refs not calling penalties later in the game. It went both ways but I'm just saying the total of just two minor penalties is a bit misleading.