Page 96 of 244 FirstFirst ... 46 86 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 106 146 196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Nope.

I've been trying to unfollow anyone that RT's him on Twitter but I just can't get him out of my timeline on there. Ugh.
    Can't you just mute him? What Twitter app are you using?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Can't you just mute him? What Twitter app are you using?
    What is this mute function you speak of? Tell me more.

Twitter app??? I thought Twitter was an app?

Sorry, can you tell the internet and I are on a basic level of understanding?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Plenty of Twitter applications (yes, there are many other than Twitter's own), regardless of if it's for a phone or if it's for like Google Chrome (I use TweetDeck for Chrome on the computer), have a function where you can mute certain users or hashtags or whatever. That way you don't need to block people, you can just cut out the stuff you don't want to see.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm afraid my inferior knowledge of anything other than Google's search engine has stopped me from understanding your post. Thanks for trying. I will just continue to block his RTers.

I have an iPhone5 and am iMac. I use Safari.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Google Chrome = A web browser by Google. It has applications that means you don't have to visit a website to use a specific service.

You don't even need to get that browser to get better Twitter apps than the standard site one, which, quite frankly, is horrible. Just check out the app store. I recommend Tweetbot for your Iphone.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Initiate

So I skimmed the news about Alfie's press conference and a couple of things worried me.

While I certainly did not want the team to overpay for Alfredsson, if it is true that he took successive below market contracts, and then was promised that the team would make up for it, then I'm pretty choked. It's tough to cheer for a team if it breaks its promises. Not only is that dishonourable, it also makes it hard to sign future players to "hometown discounts".

I'm also worried about Melnyk's alarmingly matter-of-fact statements that he won't spend to the cap. The owners justified 2 lockouts largely on the basis that the system needed to be fixed to help the small markets, but I have always believed tht both the actual goal and actual effect is to further enrich the owners of the richest teams.

I still love the Senators, but I hate the fact that Alfredsson feels the team broke a promise to him. That kind of thing will affect current and future Sens players in a bad way.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Genius

Listening to Murray's conference yesterday, Alfie's camp wanted something in the 6-7 million dollar range for this coming season. The Sens were willing to pay him ~3.5-4 million. And as Alfie has taken a bit of the home town discount over the last few years, he thought he was deserving of a nice payout. The Sens thought differently, and Alfie walked.

You think in a civilized world they could have met in the middle somewhere??

In the end, i'm still happier with Bobby Ryan. But I will miss having Alfie's leadership around the team.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Banned

Who cares anymore. Alfredsson and Melnyk are idiots, Murray is the one to be trusted. Don't buy anything Alfie says yesterday, he has lied from the start. Alfredsson can cry about being underpaid even though he signed a front-loaded deal which overpaid him in the second year, and Melynk can cry about his budget. Whatever, nobody will remember this in two years and it won't have any impact on the players. It's just business.

Banned

Garrioch reported that the team offered Jared Cowen 8 years, $28 million. Not sure if they will take that but I would love that for sure.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Garrioch reported that the team offered Jared Cowen 8 years, $28 million. Not sure if they will take that but I would love that for sure.
    I would like that too...Cowen is a beast and would be a nice long-term stud for the Sens blueline.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I would like that too...Cowen is a beast and would be a nice long-term stud for the Sens blueline.
    I see what you did there.

Banned

Predict who will buy the Sens in the next 3 years and you win a pizza

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    You think in a civilized world they could have met in the middle somewhere??.
    I heard murmurs still bad blood from the heatley deal; same agent.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Another low-ball offer from Melnyk...Cowen would be stupid to take this. If he's smart he'll demand a 3-4 year deal and take a little less if he has to. He's already shown great promise, in 3-4 more years he should be able to demand big money, 1 1/2 to 2 times what the Sens are trying to buy him for

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Another low-ball offer from Melnyk...Cowen would be stupid to take this. If he's smart he'll demand a 3-4 year deal and take a little less if he has to. He's already shown great promise, in 3-4 more years he should be able to demand big money, 1 1/2 to 2 times what the Sens are trying to buy him for
    I think they'll settle for 4 or 5 years but getting 8 years guaranteed is pretty big for a player who only has 90 games in the league so far with two major injuries. I think hell be really valuable of course but i cant see him having much leverage because of his injuries and similar deals like Hamonic.