Page 78 of 244 FirstFirst ... 28 68 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 88 128 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    Realistically Sens have a young inexperienced team even when Spezza returns and Karlsson gets healthy. Plus, the Sens aren't spending to the cap like the Redwings will.

I am definitely surprised/disappointed, but not angry at Alfie.
    I am not angry or disappointed in Alfie in the least...I'm pissed at EM for letting it come to this. IMO he let Alfie's percievd loyalty run these negotiations by thinking that he'd come back because "he wants to play here". Frick man, show him the money and give him a reason to stay. Alfies earned the right to go where he wants and for the money he wants, but for EM to sit and wait for DA to come to him is outrageous.

This is all my own speculation as I clearly have no inside info...just a rant
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Much better chances than the Senators, who I would not be surrpised if they miss the playoffs next year.
    Doulos, respect you, but don't agree with that comment. Care to explain why?

56 points each this year, nearly identical records, and Detroit had not nearly the number of injuries the Sens organization suffered this year.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    I am not angry or disappointed in Alfie in the least...I'm pissed at EM for letting it come to this. IMO he let Alfie's percievd loyalty run these negotiations by thinking that he'd come back because "he wants to play here". Frick man, show him the money and give him a reason to stay. Alfies earned the right to go where he wants and for the money he wants, but for EM to sit and wait for DA to come to him is outrageous.

This is all my own speculation as I clearly have no inside info...just a rant
    They told Alfie to offer a dollar amount. he chose to leave

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Karlsson, Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Lehner........hello??

He was well insulated with fellow countrymen in Ottawa.

I think there is something greater at work here. $$$$$
    With those guys he's more like a Dad/Uncle to the young players.... They are a completely different generation.

With Zetterberg, Kronwall, Franzen those are players he's played with before in Olympics/World Championships....probably more comfortable joining those guys (vs Boston who may have more solid roster)
    Last edited by cdubb; July 5, 2013 at 11:25 AM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Veteran

Karlsson, Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Lehner........hello??

He was well insulated with fellow countrymen in Ottawa.

I think there is something greater at work here. $$$$$
    IMO, it wasn't about money for Alfredsson...at least not as far as money in his pocket goes.... But if the team imposed a big internal cap, that really limits what talent they bring in to play with Alfredsson, thats a different story. I am betting he wanted the team to bring in some improvements to help them have a cup run.

If they had no intentions of doing that during his last two years....then he decided to move on.

Dobber Sports Genius

This in on Alfie here in my opinion. Sens told him to pick a number and he didn't get back to them and decided to leave on his own.

I don't understand his decision.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    This in on Alfie here in my opinion. Sens told him to pick a number and he didn't get back to them and decided to leave on his own.

Finally i agree with you.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Doulos, respect you, but don't agree with that comment. Care to explain why?

56 points each this year, nearly identical records, and Detroit had not nearly the number of injuries the Sens organization suffered this year.
    Just my opinion to be honest. Karlsson worries me a bit with his health, the Sens overachieved this season in my mind, and the way they got just destroyed against a real team in the playoffs doesn't bode well.

The Red Wings have the ability to lure players in to make their team better now, took the Champs to the brink this season and in my mind slightly underachieved.

I could be wrong. Maybe the Senators do very well and prove Alfredsson wrong.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Finally i agree with you.
    Thats just sour grapes. Alfredsson was one of the classiest guys the organization has ever had.

We don't know the whole story....but we will soon enough

Dobber Sports Genius

Listening to Ottawa talk radio now, and no one really seems to know what the heck is going on as far as why he chose to walk...

The facts will come out in time.....but I can tell you, from listening, some are upset at Melnyk and some at Alfie.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Genius

I think we are all going to be left confused. Not sure the truth will ever come out. Time to move on if true. This is Spezza's team now for better or worse. Alfie was gone soon, we knew that. This doesn't change the Sens bright future unless our young Swedes are upset about the same thing that made Alfie want to leave.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Listening to Ottawa talk radio now, and no one really seems to know what the heck is going on as far as why he chose to walk...

The facts will come out in time.....but I can tell you, from listening, some are upset at Melnyk and some at Alfie.
    I think there is something going on with Melnyk. I just hope to hell it doesn't become a negative cloud over the team that slows their momentum.

Dobber Sports Veteran

This is Spezza's team now for better or worse.
    If you are speaking as far as talent wise and who we will rely on to carry all the offense, I agree that its him and Karlsson.

But if you are talking about the new captain.....I'm not sold on him being the right guy. Captain because there is no one better is not a good captain.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by fulcrum View Post
    Thats just sour grapes. Alfredsson was one of the classiest guys the organization has ever had.

We don't know the whole story....but we will soon enough
    Not sour grapes at all. Don't think the whole story will ever come out, and this was simply Alfie's decision and one I will never understand.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by fulcrum View Post
    I think there is something going on with Melnyk. I just hope to hell it doesn't become a negative cloud over the team that slows their momentum.
    i agree here. EM is playing cheap.

1. not spending to attract
    2. not spending to keep
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt