Page 73 of 244 FirstFirst ... 23 63 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 83 123 173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Nothing is reliable with Ottawa media as Murray and his staff keep things on lockdown.
    Quite the shift from a few years ago. Obviously Murray learned his lessons on the Spezza/Heatley issues.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Also Don Brennan said the Sens shouldn't sign Briere, so that basically means they should sign him.
    Ha ha ha! Brennan is a wild card of a columnist fo' shizzle...

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Banned

Tim Murray was talking about guys being bought out as potential targets of the Sens. Major hint to Briere. I think it gets done. I think that's the only thing of relevance they do until the season starts.

As for the draft they have about 4 players they think could be available at 17 who they like. Erne and Rychel were in Ottawa for a combine along with two other players.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Tim Murray was talking about guys being bought out as potential targets of the Sens. Major hint to Briere. I think it gets done. I think that's the only thing of relevance they do until the season starts.

As for the draft they have about 4 players they think could be available at 17 who they like. Erne and Rychel were in Ottawa for a combine along with two other players.
    Didn't he also mention this morning that the Senators were working on a deal where they move 3 pieces to acquire 1 back? Sounds very intriguing if there are any legs to it.

Dobber Sports Genius

All teams bring in potential draft picks for their own combine. Erne (my pick for who I think the Sens will draft) was also at the Sabres, Blue Jackets, Devils and Wings personal combines. 28 teams have spoken to him with only Dallas and Pittsburgh opting out.

Yes, Adam Erne has been my avatar for 4 weeks now for those that have asked. If his name is still on the board at #17 when the Sens are slated to draft, I will be shocked if his name is not called by Brian or Tim Murray. Very worried about Columbus at 14 and Buffalo at 16 taking Erne before Ottawa can. Columbus' Jarmo Kekäläinen has a great history of drafting Erne type players from his time with the Blues and the Sabres desperately need a player like him as well.

Come on Sunday, hurry up.
    Last edited by notch4077; June 26, 2013 at 8:00 PM.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Didn't he also mention this morning that the Senators were working on a deal where they move 3 pieces to acquire 1 back? Sounds very intriguing if there are any legs to it.
    Yup, a 3 for 1 was mentioned. Anything that was mentioned, I tend to look the other way. Murrays are very good at deception within the media.

Look no further than the Sens media releases - the Sens have been doing video draft profiles of eligible players for a couple years now, two years ago , they barely even mentioned Zibanejad and last season I got this odd feeling when watching them interview Ceci that was different about all the other 2012 draft profiles. Erne has not had a draft profile done this year by Ottawa. About 15 others have though, haha.

Who knows? I stand by my Erne prediction. Not saying he is my favourite choice, just that I think the Sens will draft him for many of my own reasons/research.
    Last edited by notch4077; June 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM.

Banned

All teams bring in potential draft picks for their own combine. Erne (my pick for who I think the Sens will draft) was also at the Sabres, Blue Jackets, Devils and Wings personal combines. 28 teams have spoken to him with only Dallas and Pittsburgh opting out.

Yes, Adam Erne has been my avatar for 4 weeks now for those that have asked. If his name is still on the board at #17 when the Sens are slated to draft, I will be shocked if his name is not called by Brian or Tim Murray. Very worried about Columbus at 14 and Buffalo at 16 taking Erne before Ottawa can.
    Wow, really? i thought the Sens were the only team allowed to do this. Good to know.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Hey Bro, here is the Murray interview from today for you:

http://proxy.autopod.ca/podcasts/chu...0the%20box.mp3

This one is an instant classic as well:

http://video.senators.nhl.com/videoc...sole?id=260872
    Last edited by notch4077; June 26, 2013 at 9:53 PM.

Dobber Sports Genius

And up goes the Adam Erne draft profile on the Sens website. There goes my theory.

Dobber Sports Genius

And Alfie has announced he is playing again next season.

Gotta love doubters...

Dobber Sports Genius

Welcome to Ottawa Curtis Lazar!

Lazar is a well-rounded forward with extreme competitiveness which was more nationally emphasized when he fought Darnell Nurse in the prospects game. Picking 17th overall, you aren't guaranteed an NHL player by any means, but Lazar is as sure of an NHLer as you can get mid-first round. He has good size at 6 feet tall and weighs in at just under 200 pounds. He is a leader off the ice as well as on where he never takes a shift off. Lazar will match Silfverberg when he plays both the PP and the PK and eventually wears a letter.

Great pick.

Dobber Sports Guru

Lazar is a well-rounded forward with extreme competitiveness which was more nationally emphasized when he fought Darnell Nurse in the prospects game. Picking 17th overall, you aren't guaranteed an NHL player by any means, but Lazar is as sure of an NHLer as you can get mid-first round. He has good size at 6 feet tall and weighs in at just under 200 pounds. He is a leader off the ice as well as on where he never takes a shift off. Lazar will match Silfverberg when he plays both the PP and the PK and eventually wears a letter.

Great pick.
    Time to change your avatar!
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Stud

Great pick.
    Thanks for the insight, I was curious about Lazar..
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Time to change your avatar!
    Fine.

Jarrod Maidens it is. The forgotten draftee from 2012.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    Thanks for the insight, I was curious about Lazar..
    No problem. Gonna be an NHLer for sure and a tough one to play against. Loving this pick. Exactly the kind of player you need to win.