Page 72 of 244 FirstFirst ... 22 62 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 82 122 172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    More rumblings (though unsure how reliable) of Hemsky and Ottawa. Very interesting...
    Hemsky used to play across the river for Hull Olympiques back in the day - though a skilled guy, not sure about another fragile forward. but 1 year $5M left on contract seems low risk.

Think it would be a choice between him or Briere, not both as Sens would become too soft with our top 6 forwards (unless Briere comes very cheap, and willing to play 3rd line and PP).

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    What do you guys think of Silfverberg?? Is he going to be a star for this team going forward?? He looks to have the tools and the drive, but I'd like to hear what you guys think of this kid??
    if he plays 1st line with Spezza think he could eventually be a Louie Eriksson type 25G, 65-70 pt guy.
    Last edited by cdubb; June 23, 2013 at 3:04 AM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Genius

More rumblings (though unsure how reliable) of Hemsky and Ottawa. Very interesting...
    Ugh. I was hoping to wake up and find out that the Hemsky reports I read yesterday were just a nightmare....but nope. Haha.

I don't want him, I actually think Hemsky is the opposite direction this team needs to go. Same with Briere.

The Sens are gonna be fine next year. This is a young team that just becausse they have suprised everyone and made the playoffs two years ago when everything went right and then this season, advanced even further when everything went wrong, this is still a team that is going into year 3 of a planned rebuild/retool. Adding players like Hemsky/Briere is just going to up the chances of last season happening again. No thanks. Let the young guys develop with the same leadership of Alfie/Phillips/Neil/Anderson and Spezza. There is not a chance in hell that the Sens have a league worst 7% scoring percentage. Last season was just a comedy of errors and they still took huge strides forward.

I started ranting again, my main point, no to Hemsky.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    What do you guys think of Silfverberg?? Is he going to be a star for this team going forward?? He looks to have the tools and the drive, but I'd like to hear what you guys think of this kid??
    Love him. Love his two-way game which kept him in the lineup all season and love his release. Shootouts are always a treat to watch him beat the best in the world. People always compare him to Zibanejad and I have no clue why, they are almost 3 years apart and completely different players. Silfverberg is a proven winner and thinks the game so well. It is way to early for even the fan in me to even mention the word superstar, but I know he will be in this league for as long as he wants to be. Is Loui Eriksson a superstar in your mind? That is my best guess on what I hope he becomes.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Notch,

I actually agree with you that Hemsky seems like an odd fit in Ottawa. I do wonder though if he might find some success once he is out of Edmonton, a place that has battered him down psychologically to a degree.

I guess we'll see. This has been brewing for a while (since before I asked the question here the first time) so I am really wondering if it's going to happen.

Banned

Would love Hemsky to Ottawa and would trade Smith for him with no hesitation. We need skilled wingers. We have the depth to overcome injuries when/if they happen. Adding Hemsky and Briere would be awesome. Even if Hesmky never improved again, you still have a 50 point winger or so which is exactly what this team could use right now. Good veteran presence, leadership abilities, ties to the area from junior, friends with Michalek I believe.

I personally feel that players coming from terrible teams/losing environments tend to step up their game a ton when traded, and I think that would apply to Hemsky.

Banned

Also Don Brennan said the Sens shouldn't sign Briere, so that basically means they should sign him.

Dobber Sports Genius

Notch,

I actually agree with you that Hemsky seems like an odd fit in Ottawa. I do wonder though if he might find some success once he is out of Edmonton, a place that has battered him down psychologically to a degree.

I guess we'll see. This has been brewing for a while (since before I asked the question here the first time) so I am really wondering if it's going to happen.
    A change of scenery is exactly what Hemsky needs if he wants to even come close to being the player he once was, I agree. I'm not denying his skill set - but what I don't want anywhere near Ottawa is how soft he plays the game and proneness to injury.

I remember being on another forum way back when Leclaire was traded to Ottawa and everyone on there was giddy like school children. I mentioned his nickname was Glass-care for a reason and to not expect anything from him. I will continue to say the same if Ottawa gets Hemsky, Briere, Brassard (Jesus, enough with the Ottawa connection players people), Horton, or any other certified band-aid boy. Gimme available players like Dupuis, Clarkson, Clutterbuck, Cooke (haha) over all the names I just mentioned, as well as the others I mentioned in my rant from a couple days ago. Sad thing is - Dupuis, Clarkson, Clutterbuck and Cooke are all worth more than Jim O'Brien in a trade so I don't expect any of them to be a Sen anytime soon.

As I said before, the only addition I see is whatever Jim O'Brien and a mid pick will get us. No different than the addition of Latendresse last season.

Dobber Sports Deity

Ya the smoke is blowing that Hemsky is going to Ottawa for Zack Smith. You have to think Ottawa will kick in a pick to go along with Smith if this is the case.

I don't hate the deal for Edmonton as they need a gritty centre and Smith certainly fills that role and this opens up some cap space for the Oilers as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Ya the smoke is blowing that Hemsky is going to Ottawa for Zack Smith. You have to think Ottawa will kick in a pick to go along with Smith if this is the case.

I don't hate the deal for Edmonton as they need a gritty centre and Smith certainly fills that role and this opens up some cap space for the Oilers as well.
    With Hemsky's salary you can bet that it would be Edmontom that would have to add the pick or mid-level prospect to the deal for Smith and not the other way around like you mention.

Either way, I hope it doesn't happen.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    With Hemsky's salary you can bet that it would be Edmontom that would have to add the pick or mid-level prospect to the deal for Smith and not the other way around like you mention.

Either way, I hope it doesn't happen.
    If this comes to fruition I guess we will see.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If this comes to fruition I guess we will see.
    You betcha. Cheers

Dobber Sports Guru

For what it's worth: (from mynhltraderumors.com)

Bruce Garrioch: Senators Daniel Alfredsson is back in Sweden. Sources are saying he’s leaning towards playing but asked GM Bryan Murray for some more time.

Bruce Garrioch: There have been no talks between the Senators and Oilers regarding Ales Hemsky in months.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Banned

looks like I will be wrong as Murray says he thinks Alfie is back

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post

Bruce Garrioch: Senators Daniel Alfredsson is back in Sweden. Sources are saying he’s leaning towards playing but asked GM Bryan Murray for some more time.

Bruce Garrioch: There have been no talks between the Senators and Oilers regarding Ales Hemsky in months.
    I thought Garrioch was one of those not-so-reliable types. I might be thinking of someone else though.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post

Thanks STONE!

I have always expected Alfie to be back, but still know the odds are 50/50.

He had a great year, was injury-free, shortened season, blah blah blah. He trains like a beast anyway and this season was fun for him. We'll see.

And as far as Hemsky, Murray isn't that stupid to bring him here, so this news doesn't surprise me, but still good to read.

Dobber Sports Genius

I thought Garrioch was one of those not-so-reliable types. I might be thinking of someone else though.
    Nothing is reliable with Ottawa media as Murray and his staff keep things on lockdown.