Page 70 of 244 FirstFirst ... 20 60 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 80 120 170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    Personally, I don't think they need Briere.
    "Want: would be a better word, but I do think they need his playoff experience/success, and they are always looking for local players, especially Francophones to help build that fanbase.

Banned

I think Grant Clitsome is another guy with a good chance of signing here as well if they want to add to the D. I really like his game and he would fit seamlessly into the organization since he's a local kid and practices/plays with a lot of the Sens in the summer.

I think Briere and Clistome are extremely likely adds this July.

The Great One

Big Ev...what do you think a realistic point projection is for Silfverberg, assuming Alfredsson retires?

Do you think he will be on the top power play unit?
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Big Ev...what do you think a realistic point projection is for Silfverberg, assuming Alfredsson retires?

Do you think he will be on the top power play unit?
    I'd say around 40 points max at this point, and I think he can score 20. I'm not sure if he will be on the top unit, but I'd say with the team right now, yes. With offensive players added, I don't think so. But he is one of the lone guys on the team who is shoot-first and shoots a ton, so he will get his opps.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I think Grant Clitsome is another guy with a good chance of signing here as well if they want to add to the D. I really like his game and he would fit seamlessly into the organization since he's a local kid and practices/plays with a lot of the Sens in the summer.

I think Briere and Clistome are extremely likely adds this July.
    Clitsome was terrific for the Jets last season, particularly when they were forced to lean on him for big minutes, once the injuries started to pile up. He seems to thrive when playing more minutes (20+). When he plays less, he's not nearly as sharp.
    I'd be sorry to see him go, but it wouldn't surprise me. He'd be a good player for the Sens.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Clitsome was terrific for the Jets last season, particularly when they were forced to lean on him for big minutes, once the injuries started to pile up. He seems to thrive when playing more minutes (20+). When he plays less, he's not nearly as sharp.
    I'd be sorry to see him go, but it wouldn't surprise me. He'd be a good player for the Sens.
    Well he wouldn't get a ton of minutes here so that's good to know. I'd like him as a depth guy, but maybe there is just no room for him with so many LD on the roster already.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Any chance Hemsky ends up in Ottawa?

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Any chance Hemsky ends up in Ottawa?
    Not if I have any say in it. By the way, I don't. Haha.

Unless the Sens want yet another Pascal Leclaire - No need to add more band-aid boys to Ottawa. Skill be damned.

Murray is smarter than to add Hemsky.

Dobber Sports Genius

I've never really understood why Sens fans think they are going to have Bobby Ryan, Briere, Bogosian, Dan Boyle, Eberle, Yakupov, Vanek and (enter any other stars name here) in their lineup next season. From this forum to HF Boards to SensChirp to SilverSevens - there is a lot of crazy talk.

Wild imaginations.

Murray's big signing prior to last season, a season in which the Sens depth was atrocious and untested, was Latendresse. Fast forward to this off-season after seeing so many AHLers step up and almost prove their worth as NHLers and the Sens depth has no more questions. Now, with solid depth, they all of the sudden think they are going to bring in 4 of the names above and win the Cup in Alfie's last year (if he even plays at all).

The Sens don't even know what the potential of Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Pageau, Stone, Hoffman and Wiercioch are yet, so why would another team trade a proven star for unknown potential. Stop playing fantasy hockey with Bryan Murray's position. Even Cowen, the only real known is that he likes going under-the-knife for major surgery.

Wow.

Don't even mention the cap as an argument for helping other teams out of their troubles via trade. With the addition of amnesty buyouts, terrible GM's can now get rid of their cap issues and sign who they want during free agency.

If the concussed Briere comes here with his gummy-bear skull via amnesty-buyout and free agency, that's the biggest waste of $5,000,000 of the Sens $22,000,000 cap space. Internal budget about 10 of the 22 million.

Whatever Jim O'Brien can get you in a trade, that is what you can expect as the addition for the Sens. Maybe that plus a no longer motivated Dustin Penner via free agency.

Don't get me started on Bickell. Murray isn't that stupid. Give the best GM of the NHL some credit.

Rant over. My apologies.

Banned

Briere is not a wild imagination at all. If he's not a Flyer, he's a Senator or a Devil. I feel very good about the chances of him coming here, and it wouldn't be a waste of money at all.

As for the others, they will be adding a top winger within the next two seasons. Ryan is the most realistic. Dan Boyle is also very realistic only if San Jose wanted to shop him, since he lives here. The East guys aren't realistic. Eriksson is, again if Dallas wanted to shop him.

The Sens know what the potentials of their players are for the most part, that's their job. That's why they decide to trade a guy like Rundblad.

Nobody said they are bringing in tons of stars. Adding Briere and one top winger is what they will do, IMO. Brier is not a star so I don't see how you think that's a pipe dream.

The team has a slaary budget (not a cap space budget), but they will bring in a pricey star if they can (like Nash last year).

Sens have a boatload of prospects, not all of them can play on the team. They will be used to add scoring. Not rocket science.

Most fans are out to lunch but not about some of the stuff you just ranted about.

Dobber Sports Genius

Big Ev, just because Briere wants to come here (and we all know he does), doesn't mean it is a good idea. Sure he can mentor Pageau, brings leadership and proven playoff success, but I have my reasons with my main one being I'm tired of band-aids boys.

I stand by my rant and I trust in Murray.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Big Ev, just because Briere wants to come here (and we all know he does), doesn't mean it is a good idea. Sure he can mentor Pageau, brings leadership and proven playoff success, but I have my reasons with my main one being I'm tired of band-aids boys.

I stand by my rant and I trust in Murray.
    The team needs skill no matter how injury prone the guy is (and Briere isn't that injury prone). Also why Hemsky is a good idea.

Dobber Sports Genius

Haha. Hemsky. There is your trade straight up for Jim O'Brien folks.

Dobber Sports Genius

And yes we need skill, but I'd rather take someone with durable size and less skill right now.

I said durable, so please, I don't want to hear the name Nathan Horton which I'm sure is on the tip of your tongue or you've already metioned. You've thrown out more names than Eklund, so one might stick to the wall.

Just dont be upset when none of the players you guarantee stay where they are or sign elsewhere. Additions will be whatever Jim O'Brien and a mid-pick will fetch via trade and/or a now un-motivated Dustin Penner. In other words, status quo.

Banned

Briere is a Senator. That's the only thing I guarantee.

There is no chance this team goes status quo if they want to truly compete next season.

Now in the meantime, you can keep posting snarky bullshit as per usual.