Page 69 of 244 FirstFirst ... 19 59 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 79 119 169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Spezza for sure I'd say. Phillips, Neil with the A's, then Methot and Karlsson one day.

As an aside, I think Ottawa deals their 1st rounder for some help now. They don't need any more prospects, and they can capitalize on the fact that people think this draft is deeper than others.
    I think we see Karlsson with a "A" even sooner.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I too think Spezza will be captain, but I'm not sure I like it. I'd prefer a captain with some playoff success on his résumé, one with a bit more competitive fire. Though I will always tip my hat to Spezza for his fight with Phaneuf few years back - going after Dion took courage.

I also agree with Molson - Karlsson will have a letter soon. And Big Ev, if you're right about Zbad turning out to be like Kesler, he'll be captain some day.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Banned

Spezza is the team's leader and has as much playoff success as anyone on the team. He is a man now with two kids, very mature, and his recent rehab from injury showed he wanted to get back as fast as he could and he worked hard to do it. Don't see how they could give the C to anyone else.

Don't see Zibanejad ever being a captain at this moment, but who knows once guys mature. He might not even be here longterm, so we'll see.

Banned

so GMBM basically confirmed he will look to move depth for a goal-scorer. If they added Briere along with a big goal scorer, the offense will be really improved especially with the young guys developing and maturing.

Bobby Ryan, you're probably looking at Zibanejad as starting point

Loui Eriksson, you're probably looking at Noesen, 1st, other parts.

Banned

also Murray mentioned that he'd try to "help out" the teams in cap trouble, so look at Anaheim (e.g. Ryan), Chicago (Sharp?), Vancouver (Kesler), Philly (Simmonds), and San Jose (Marleau, Pavelski) as potential partners

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd like to see Ryan or Simmonds!
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    I'd like to see Ryan or Simmonds!
    Simmonds is exactly the kind of winger they need, but exactly the kind of winger Philly likes. They'll need to do something though.

Dobber Sports Sage

), Chicago (Sharp?)
    Chicago will not be unloading any core players to get under the cap. With a couple buyouts (Olesz and Montador), Chicago will be fine.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pts9889 View Post
    Chicago will not be unloading any core players to get under the cap. With a couple buyouts (Olesz and Montador), Chicago will be fine.
    Yeah I don't think so either, was just spitballing teams and names.

If anyone from Chicago, I could see Stalberg or Bickell as a UFA signing.

Dobber Sports Guru

also Murray mentioned that he'd try to "help out" the teams in cap trouble, so look at Anaheim (e.g. Ryan), Chicago (Sharp?), Vancouver (Kesler), Philly (Simmonds), and San Jose (Marleau, Pavelski) as potential partners
    Next summer will be key for the Sharks. This summer, all their free agents are pretty much million-dollar men and under (with the exception of Torres and Demers). Next year though, the unrestricted free agents are Thornton, Marleau, Boyle and Pavelski, with Couture being an unrestricted.

I think they can hold that team together for one more year, and then that's about it.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Next summer will be key for the Sharks. This summer, all their free agents are pretty much million-dollar men and under (with the exception of Torres and Demers). Next year though, the unrestricted free agents are Thornton, Marleau, Boyle and Pavelski, with Couture being an unrestricted.

I think they can hold that team together for one more year, and then that's about it.
    Cue to the Couture to Ottawa/Toronto rumours.

The Great One

Just spitballing here but I think there's a legit chance that the Sens sign Daniel Briere this off-season if he gets bought out (or trade for him if he doesn't). Local guy and the team could use another Top 6 winger for sure. He would look good next to Spezza or Turris.
    I remember reading this when you posted it back in April, and after talking to someone today, I can all but guarantee that Briere wants to play in Ottawa to end his career, so if Ottawa wants him (which they should at least consider, imo), I'm sure there is a deal to be made that wouldn't cost Ottawa all that much.

Briere isn't nearly what he used to be, but with Alfredsson possibly retiring, adding another veteran like Briere would only help the young kids in Ottawa.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I remember reading this when you posted it back in April, and after talking to someone today, I can all but guarantee that Briere wants to play in Ottawa to end his career, so if Ottawa wants him (which they should at least consider, imo), I'm sure there is a deal to be made that wouldn't cost Ottawa all that much.

Briere isn't nearly what he used to be, but with Alfredsson possibly retiring, adding another veteran like Briere would only help the young kids in Ottawa.
    Thanks for this SeaDawg. I won't ask who your source is but I can assume that they know what they're talking about if you are this confident.

Briere would be perfect. Would help their PP, they need help on the wings, and he could presumabely live with JG Pageau like he did with Couturier. They are already friends, too.

Banned

Just for fun, if they traded for Bobby Ryan (Zibanejad main piece), and added Briere, their lineup would be pretty good heading into camp, moreso if Alfie comes back.

Michalek-Spezza-Ryan
    Silfverberg-Turris-Briere
    Greening-Pageau-Condra
    Kassian-Smith-Neil
    Conacher/Stone/Hoffman/Noesen, etc.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Personally, I don't think they need Briere.