Page 57 of 244 FirstFirst ... 7 47 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 67 107 157 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post

As we saw from the pathetic Rangers, having stars in your lineup doesn't mean a heck of a lot.
    I love seeing them beat the Rangers. That last playoff series really made me hate them...especially Boyle.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    I love seeing them beat the Rangers. That last playoff series really made me hate them...especially Boyle.
    That's a guy I would love to add to the Sens, though.

Dobber Sports Icon

hhhmmm, guess i must be the only one.

the bondra deal stunk no doubt, but and the kovalev experiment wasnt good either, but there must be something to get us past the second round? i guess i see the potential in our full line-up and think there has to be another piece or two to send us over the top.

i agree what is happening now is spectacular, but thats not going to last. we basically have the same lineup as we did last year, aside from Latendresse and Methot, but where did we go? we added Silfverberg and Zibanejad, but i dont see Karlsson coming in before the playoffs.

i dunno, i guess i dont like complacentcy....
    Last edited by finnys_fanatsy; March 28, 2013 at 10:19 PM.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post

the bondra deal stunk no doubt, but and the kovalev experiment wasnt good either, but there must be something to get us past the second round? i guess i see the potential in our full line-up and think there has to be another piece or two to send us over the top.

i agree what is happening now is spectacular, but thats not going to last. we basically have the same lineup as we did last year, aside from Latendresse and Methot, but where did we go? we added Silfverberg and Zibanejad, but i dont see Karlsson coming in before the playoffs.

Well if they finish 6th then the second round is pretty much locked up IMO. They need to try to get to 4th place to get home ice, preferably against Montreal who I think they can beat for sure. They're not beating Boston no matter who they add, if anyone.

I don't think they need to add anybody though since the team is rolling and there is no pressure on them to win a round. If they add somebody it should be a depth winger but I don't know who that would be.

but like I said earlier I would have no problem dangling Bishop, Ceci, Puempel, 2013 1st, etc. if we could bring in a player who fits in both short and long term.

Dobber Sports Ace

I guess I'm just bitter from past deadline acquisitions. Has a single one had significant impact? Bondra, Stillman, Commodore, Comrie, Saprykin, Lapointed, Varada, Ruutu, Barrasso, Leclaire.

Only Anderson has made a difference, or the draft pick we got to draft Lehner from the Leclaire trade.
    Last edited by cdubb; March 28, 2013 at 10:28 PM.
    Semi-retired

Banned

Matt Cullen and Andy Sutton were pretty good deadline adds. If you could get guys like that cheap then I'd have no problem with that, but they gotta be character guys who won't mess with anything they have.

Dobber Sports Initiate

No Karlsson...maybe no Spezza. This is not a cup year. They have to be careful not to trade away a great young player unless their likelihood of winning it all is high.

What a Cinderella team needs to go deep in the playoffs is grit and outstanding goaltending. They seem to be doing well in those departments.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

Banned

If they add anybody it would be that LW for Turris and Alfie. Mike Hoffman was pretty good and showed his amazing speed, but they might want to upgrade there.

I would love adding Jagr, even though he is RW, if the price is right.

Steve Sullivan and Milan Hejduk are two high character players who could also help and might be had cheap.

At least they know that playoffs are basically a lock right now, so that should give them a better gameplan on Wednesday.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    No Karlsson...maybe no Spezza. This is not a cup year. They have to be careful not to trade away a great young player unless their likelihood of winning it all is high.

What a Cinderella team needs to go deep in the playoffs is grit and outstanding goaltending. They seem to be doing well in those departments.
    Agree 100%. In future, the Sens need to play like a Boston (Cowan develops into a Chara-lite) or Stl (tough defensive team with offense spread out), with Karlsson creating the offense from back end.
    Semi-retired

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    Agree 100%. In future, the Sens need to play like a Boston (Cowan develops into a Chara-lite) or Stl (tough defensive team with offense spread out), with Karlsson creating the offense from back end.
    Since Day 1 the coaching staff and management have been trying to build their team like the Red Wings. Possession possession possession.

Dobber Sports Icon

dont get me wrong here guys, i like the team right now, but to sit back and try nothing and basically saying "well we had a good year considering the injuries, we dont need to do anything" doesnt sit well with me. a durable winger for the second ine and a bit of scoring puunch for the third line is exactly what we need. no need to sell the farm here, but as EV said, dangle some of the prospect depth and Bishop that we have to get what we need.
    ESPN Roto 10 team

IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Since Day 1 the coaching staff and management have been trying to build their team like the Red Wings. Possession possession possession.
    When they hired McLean, I didn't know anything about him. However I was super excited because as far as I'm concerned, if he's good enough for Ken Holland, he must be pretty damn good.

I'm not a fan of the Wings, but there's no organization in the league that I respect more.

Banned

as for the earlier talk about Latendresse, he is slow but he is very smart and goes to the dirty areas, has a knack for the net. I think he is re-signed for sure.

Banned

dont get me wrong here guys, i like the team right now, but to sit back and try nothing and basically saying "well we had a good year considering the injuries, we dont need to do anything" doesnt sit well with me. a durable winger for the second ine and a bit of scoring puunch for the third line is exactly what we need. no need to sell the farm here, but as EV said, dangle some of the prospect depth and Bishop that we have to get what we need.
    If Spezza and Michalek do come back, then the third line is basically the Zibanejad line, so I don't think they would need to add anything in that case. That would be three lines of offensive threat.

Dobber Sports Icon

If Spezza and Michalek do come back, then the third line is basically the Zibanejad line, so I don't think they would need to add anything in that case. That would be three lines of offensive threat.
    aye good point Ev. i would still lke to see the guys make a move, if for nothing else to get some return on pending FA's and/or Bishop that would be around for next year where we could actually make a run at it.
    ESPN Roto 10 team

IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-