Page 55 of 244 FirstFirst ... 5 45 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 65 105 155 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by fulcrum View Post
    Just got my tickets today too Achilles. Hopefully we will get to see some of the players. Last preseason came I went to here there was nobody to watch.
    They came to Regina a couple of years ago. Kovalev, Karlsson, and a few other starters played. However Tampa Bay didn't dress any of their top 9.

The fact that they charged $80 and didn't field any NHL starters was really insulting.

If Karlsson, Zibanejad (sweet shootout goal tonight) and Silf play, it will be worth the trip up from Regina.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Veteran

I hope he wins it. But last year Hitchcock beat him out by doing something very. Similar to what Boudreau is doing.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    They came to Regina a couple of years ago. Kovalev, Karlsson, and a few other starters played. However Tampa Bay didn't dress any of their top 9.

The fact that they charged $80 and didn't field any NHL starters was really insulting.

If Karlsson, Zibanejad (sweet shootout goal tonight) and Silf play, it will be worth the trip up from Regina.
    I went to the islanders and flames a couple of years ago...maybe three. what those two teams dressed was awful. There was nobody. Said I would never go again. But I will if the Sens are here.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Icon

was at that game...pretty disappointing for sure, likely wont be makin the trip to Stoon this year...maybe
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    All depends on how quickly you can bring someone up to your big club I guess because Daugavins will always be in and out of the lineup.

Next year, he may get pushed out of the Sens roster too, so unless another team signs him (RFA), he may be playing in Europe.
    Well, it is already starting for Daugavins. He was placed on waivers today. Even without the Sens injured bodies getting healthy, Daugavins is being pushed out by more skilled role players.

Tough to swallow, but something I mentioned in the post I quoted from awhile ago.

DD sent down as well. Bad decision to fight, he was playing so well.

Dobber Sports Genius

And thanks for all the congratulations, rep to you all when I get back from Jaida's baby Doc appointment.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Ok fellow Sens fans, I need opinions on Zibanejad.

At the start of the year, I thought for sure that Mikael Granlund would outpoint Z. In my league we each keep 3 players that have 164 games experience or less. That means we get them for two years. At this moment, the following players qualify (excluding Cory Schneider):

Tarasenko
    Granlund
    Zibanejad
    Silfverberg

Tarasenko is a lock. As for the other 2, the homer in me wants to keep both Z and Silf, and I make no apologies for it. Personally I prefer Z, but Silf has wing eligibility.

My point is this: Granlund is in the AHL. Is his ceiling that much higher than Z's that I'd be crazy to keep Z? Of the 4 that I have, which 3 would you keep?
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

Dobber Sports Genius

At the start of the year, I thought for sure that Mikael Granlund would outpoint Z. In my league we each keep 3 players that have 164 games experience or less. That means we get them for two years. At this moment, the following players qualify (excluding Cory Schneider):

Tarasenko
    Granlund
    Zibanejad
    Silfverberg

Tarasenko is a lock. As for the other 2, the homer in me wants to keep both Z and Silf, and I make no apologies for it. Personally I prefer Z, but Silf has wing eligibility.

My point is this: Granlund is in the AHL. Is his ceiling that much higher than Z's that I'd be crazy to keep Z? Of the 4 that I have, which 3 would you keep?
    You gotta keep Granlund. Stick with him, Silfverberg and Tarasenko.

EDIT: Just saw your signature. Let me plug in some numbers and I will get back to you. Baby time.
    Last edited by notch4077; March 26, 2013 at 5:43 PM.

Dobber Sports Genius

I expect Hoffman to be called up.

He was the only guy that didn't make the team from my expected lineup prior to the season. He's been great in the AHL and was than injured. He is healthy now and is my guess to be called up.

Banned

Tarasenko
    Granlund
    Zibanejad
    Silfverberg

Zibanejad, Granlund, Tarasenko.

Dobber Sports Genius

I expect Hoffman to be called up.

He was the only guy that didn't make the team from my expected lineup prior to the season. He's been great in the AHL and was than injured. He is healthy now and is my guess to be called up.
    Haha. At 6:15 on Twitter is the earliest mention that Hoffman is called up. I win by 4 minutes.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Zibanejad, Granlund, Tarasenko.
    Thanks Big Ev. I would agree, but Silf's wing eligibility increases his value. Did you consider that?

Dobber Sports Initiate

You gotta keep Granlund. Stick with him, Silfverberg and Tarasenko.

EDIT: Just saw your signature. Let me plug in some numbers and I will get back to you. Baby time.
    Thanks Notch. If Kovalchuk starts the year next year with only LW eligibility, that leaves a hole at RW...which makes Silf more valuable.

I guess I have a lot of time to decide, but the gambler in me likes my chances of redrafting in round 1Granlund if I let him go. Since Z and Silf both stuck in the NHL, more of my competitors will be paying attention to them. On the other hand if Granlund is a tier above Z and S, I'd be crazy to let him go....but if he's only 5-9 points better than Z, I'd give that up to hold on to my team's top prospect...after all, there is value in the enjoyment you get out of having a guy you already cheer for.

Sorry for the double post. Work is distracting me.
    Last edited by Achilles; March 26, 2013 at 10:17 PM.

Dobber Sports Icon

Tarasenko
    Granlund
    Zibanejad
    Silfverberg

Granlund for sure, but dang its a close call btwn Z-Bad and Silf, i guess i keep Silf, but only because hes on my squad and Z-Bad isnt. i havnt seen enough of Tarasenko to comment, but he seems to get alot of hype on the boards here...i dont buy into it yet.

Granlund
    Silf
    Z-Bad
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Genius

Kaspars Daugavins has pretty much given the reason for himself being placed on waivers yesterday and it seems it was at his request.

If you can decipher what he means here, have at it:

Kaspars Daugavins‏@Daugavins23 21h
    Probably do not like my job. #sad

Kaspars Daugavins‏@Daugavins23 21h
    With the guidance of the agreed and sadly our paths would divorce! #sorrybutdonothing

Bottom line, he is a 13th forward, good at his role, but so many others are a bit better with more skill.

I like him, team guy, but maybe the all-for-team thing is starting to fade. I don't expect him to be picked up by another NHL club and not even sure what his mindset is on reporting to Bingo, or Murray's feeling either.