Page 53 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3 43 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 63 103 153 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yeah, that makes sense.
    GO WINGS!

Banned

Ottawa won't be trading Gonchar now IMO, I think they are virtual playoff locks and I think he'll be re-signed. I don't think they'll be true buyers but they won't sell either. Maybe pick up a guy like Cullen or something.

The team buys into the coaches and their system and they are a true team...not a bunch of names on paper like the NYR. I underestimated the team's ability once Karlsson was injured. They have a system that preaches 200 ft play and creativity from all players. A rookie makes a mistake? So what, he's on the ice for his next shift. Zibanejad, Silfver, Wiercioch, Gryba, etc....all these guys all playing solid and they are all rookies. Zack Smith is taking pressure off Kyle Turris who is starting to produce more. Lehner is amazing and Bishop is just solid. They have the 2nd lowest GA per game in the league even with Anderson out. Patrick Wierciock is on a near 40 point pace and has been so solid...there's not much to be mad about right now on Ottawa. Everyone's playing great. People like to joke that some of their guys like Condra should be in the AHL. No way man, watch the games. Everybody in the lineup except maybe Kassian belongs in the NHL. I am amazed that they have played this well without Karlsson or Spezza

This team gets Spezza, Karlsson (and Cowen ****) back next year and going hard after Perry, they'll be gold. They are at least 2nd best in their new conference. People like to make fun of me but I don't see why nobody else views this team as a legit contender with all their guys in the lineup. The East is shit and Ottawa has shown they can compete with and beat any team. They're going to assemble a team better than that 07 Cup team. If Perry chose Toronto over Ottawa he is a moron. Just like that moron Schultz who chose Edmonton over Ottawa. LMAO.

Paul MacLean will be winning rookie of the year as he should have last year.

This team is great. A TEAM. There's no I in team. But there is an I in Bishop, and O'Brien, and Zibanejad, and Silfverberg, and Regin, and whoever else...what does that have to do with anything? I dunno.

also Binghamton is almost 1st in the AHL with all their top players in the NHL for the most part. You kidding me? Luke Richardson is amazing.

I'm done fellating the organization now.
    Last edited by Big Ev; March 17, 2013 at 11:16 PM.

Dobber Sports Ace

I must be the only one thinking they should try for a high lottery pick. They could use some more high end talent (basically only have Spezza/Karlsson, maybe Turris, waiting for Silfverberg/Zibenejad to develop). If they could draft Monahan local kid would be great, but the team is definitely overachieving, essentially half AHL team right now. Not sure next year we get the superb level of goaltending from everyone.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Initiate

Big_EV: Will Wiercioch ever get solid PPTOI? How do you see him progressing the next few years? Will he get to play on the PP1 with Karlsson?
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    I must be the only one thinking they should try for a high lottery pick. They could use some more high end talent (basically only have Spezza/Karlsson, maybe Turris, waiting for Silfverberg/Zibenejad to develop). If they could draft Monahan local kid would be great, but the team is definitely overachieving, essentially half AHL team right now. Not sure next year we get the superb level of goaltending from everyone.
    They don't need a high lottery pick. Go see how Edmonton is doing with theirs. Playoff experience is way more valuable.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ynotzz View Post
    Big_EV: Will Wiercioch ever get solid PPTOI? How do you see him progressing the next few years? Will he get to play on the PP1 with Karlsson?
    if Gonchar is still here next year then Wiercioch will probably be on the second unit. If he's not, than Wiercioch should be with Karlsson on the PP. For the remainder of this year he will be #1 with Gonchar. I could see Wier progressing like Wade Redden.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    They don't need a high lottery pick. Go see how Edmonton is doing with theirs. Playoff experience is way more valuable.
    But they don't have a coach with an implementable system. You need some high end guys to win the cup, coupled with gritty depth players. We have the depth, but our first and second lines worse than most cup winners, especially if God retires.
    Semi-retired

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    But they don't have a coach with an implementable system. You need some high end guys to win the cup, coupled with gritty depth players. We have the depth, but our first and second lines worse than most cup winners, especially if God retires.
    Well they will be signing a UFA for sure next season, or making some sort of trade. We'll see who they can get.

But I think the recipe for a Cup is goaltending, solid D, and depth down the middle, and they have all that right now. Plus you have Karlsson who is about as high end as you can get.

Right now they could win a playoff round with this current team, especially if they finished 6th.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Ottawa won't be trading Gonchar now IMO, I think they are virtual playoff locks and I think he'll be re-signed. I don't think they'll be true buyers but they won't sell either. Maybe pick up a guy like Cullen or something.

The team buys into the coaches and their system and they are a true team...not a bunch of names on paper like the NYR. I underestimated the team's ability once Karlsson was injured. They have a system that preaches 200 ft play and creativity from all players. A rookie makes a mistake? So what, he's on the ice for his next shift. Zibanejad, Silfver, Wiercioch, Gryba, etc....all these guys all playing solid and they are all rookies. Zack Smith is taking pressure off Kyle Turris who is starting to produce more. Lehner is amazing and Bishop is just solid. They have the 2nd lowest GA per game in the league even with Anderson out. Patrick Wierciock is on a near 40 point pace and has been so solid...there's not much to be mad about right now on Ottawa. Everyone's playing great. People like to joke that some of their guys like Condra should be in the AHL. No way man, watch the games. Everybody in the lineup except maybe Kassian belongs in the NHL. I am amazed that they have played this well without Karlsson or Spezza

This team gets Spezza, Karlsson (and Cowen ****) back next year and going hard after Perry, they'll be gold. They are at least 2nd best in their new conference. People like to make fun of me but I don't see why nobody else views this team as a legit contender with all their guys in the lineup. The East is shit and Ottawa has shown they can compete with and beat any team. They're going to assemble a team better than that 07 Cup team. If Perry chose Toronto over Ottawa he is a moron. Just like that moron Schultz who chose Edmonton over Ottawa. LMAO.

Paul MacLean will be winning rookie of the year as he should have last year.

This team is great. A TEAM. There's no I in team. But there is an I in Bishop, and O'Brien, and Zibanejad, and Silfverberg, and Regin, and whoever else...what does that have to do with anything? I dunno.

also Binghamton is almost 1st in the AHL with all their top players in the NHL for the most part. You kidding me? Luke Richardson is amazing.

I'm done fellating the organization now.
    I am so sick and tired of this...Why don't you just come out and admit it Big Ev? Seriously, quit beat'n around the bush and call a spade a spade........

You're a closet Sen's fan...

There...now doesn't that feel better?

The Magnificent One

weird how i actually have alot of stock in Ottawa this yr and last year when i used to never have much. maybe its bc i drafted lehner lol. but anyway in your previous post you mentione they will be getting spezza, karrlson and (cowen ****) back. whats the comment or subcomment about cowen. i own him in one league and he actually helped me out last yr. is it just that they are getting a dman back or are we looking at good things from him?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    weird how i actually have alot of stock in Ottawa this yr and last year when i used to never have much. maybe its bc i drafted lehner lol. but anyway in your previous post you mentione they will be getting spezza, karrlson and (cowen ****) back. whats the comment or subcomment about cowen. i own him in one league and he actually helped me out last yr. is it just that they are getting a dman back or are we looking at good things from him?
    I wrote **** because I forgot about him (like most others do when listing the injuries they have). Still think he'll become the team's Marc Staal.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I am so sick and tired of this...Why don't you just come out and admit it Big Ev? Seriously, quit beat'n around the bush and call a spade a spade........

You're a closet Sen's fan...

There...now doesn't that feel better?
    Closet? Evan burned down that closet years ago. He couldn't be more out if he tried.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Closet? Evan burned down that closet years ago. He couldn't be more out if he tried.
    Hahaha, yeah. I assumed it was dripping with sarcasm, but maybe I was wrong.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yeah, I know it was, I just wanted to riff on it some more
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Guru

So if these injuries continue, how long until they have to start calling up ECHL players?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid