Page 52 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Silf? It's Silver. It's a silent f. Silf sounds stupid.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

congrats guys.

u havei created quite a story for us

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Silf? It's Silver. It's a silent f. Silf sounds stupid.
    I know that Dakkster.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Slumping Turris. Should I be worried? My worry is somewhat lessened by the fact the Sens can't score as a team but still, he should be creating more offense.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Slumping Turris. Should I be worried? My worry is somewhat lessened by the fact the Sens can't score as a team but still, he should be creating more offense.
    dont know if id be "worried" so much as "patient". He is still being leaned on to make plays with guys he hasnt had to before. 5 games isnt alot of time to adjust to new linemates and thier tendancies. Michalek is close to returning so thiere is some familiarity there. KT just hasnt had the time he needs to figure out how to generate offense with the linemates he has.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    dont know if id be "worried" so much as "patient". He is still being leaned on to make plays with guys he hasnt had to before. 5 games isnt alot of time to adjust to new linemates and thier tendancies. Michalek is close to returning so thiere is some familiarity there. KT just hasnt had the time he needs to figure out how to generate offense with the linemates he has.
    I have patience but when Turris hasn't scored a goal in 16 games, a little worry naturally creeps in.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

The Magnificent One

so im sure this is being talked about everywhere but i come here to ask again.. what is the future of OTT in goal. has ben bishop secured time here with his great play or is lehner still the future?? ive been holding lehner in my dynasty league hoping in 2 yrs he takes over and will replace brodeur as my goalie on that team. i have gotten alot of interest but shut anything down.. whats going on????
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Genius

Can any of you Sens fans tell me how the hell the Ottawa keeps winning? Haha.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Not a Sens fan, but if they stay with your prediction of only winning seven more games with Karlsson out, they're about to go on a 30-game losing streak. :-)

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Not a Sens fan, but if they stay with your prediction of only winning seven more games with Karlsson out, they're about to go on a 30-game losing streak. :-)
    Yup, rep to you! Haha.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    i think its just the work ethic of the kids they've called up. All these guys know is hard work to make the big club and its whats getting them by now. These wins are far from pretty and all grinding work...its all they know.

..all this combined with outta this world goaltending from CA and BB (and hopefully RL)

Dobber Sports Initiate

It has been a while since there's been some activity on the board. I think it is safe to assume that we're all extremely impressed with the resiliency of this team. I don't presume to know why they keep winning, but I for one am amazed. Is it the coach? Goaltending?

I realize that there's still a lot of hockey left, but it certainly appears that the Senators will be competing for a playoff spot. Does this mean that they'll be buyers at the deadline? Will the team hang on to Gonchar, only to see him walk in the offseason? Is it realistic to think that, given the amount of goalies that will be available in the offseason, there is a deal to be made for Bishop? Is there any way Alfie gets dealt to a cup contender?

What are your thoughts? Of course I want the team to win, but I hope Murray doesn't part with a prospect like Zibanejad just to get a vet for the playoffs.

What do you guys think?
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

There's no way they trade away futures for a run this year. This is just another building year. If they make the playoffs that's gravy and their young guys will learn from it. I'd be shocked if Alfie wants to go to another team. Wouldn't be surprised if they trade Gonchar at the deadline just to get something for him.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Guru

Gonchar is en fuego!
    What a streak he's on!
    Loving it.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    There's no way they trade away futures for a run this year. This is just another building year. If they make the playoffs that's gravy and their young guys will learn from it. I'd be shocked if Alfie wants to go to another team. Wouldn't be surprised if they trade Gonchar at the deadline just to get something for him.
    I think if they get anyone for a playoff push, it'll be something like a second rounder next year (I don't think they have one this year) for a rental type thing.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid