Page 50 of 244 FirstFirst ... 40 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 60 100 150 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    This.

Absolutely. Probably his last year. Perhaps that can motivate the rest of the players to play above their heads....but there aren't many teams who could do without their two best players for a season.

BTW, can anyone tell me how I change my username? In light of recent events, "Achilles" just envokes negative emotions in me at the moment.
    Two best players?!?! Why does everyone always forget about Cowen? The Sens have lost their 3 best, not to mention 5 other key/support players.

As far as your username, contact Dobber, he has days where he takes requests from people and changes usernames.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Cowen, Michalek, Stone (not sure how impactful that one is though....yeah I get it....it's just that Spezz and Karlsson are at a level above everyone else.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Star

Can someone give me some quick insight into Michalek??

Our league is goal heavy, so he was valuable to me last year. THIS year, I am pushing for first and have been offered a deal that sees him gone (Wiz/Ribeiro/Kunitz - Carlson/Grabovski/Michalek) and if Milan is looking totally lost without Spezza then I may need to pull the trigger.

I don't suspect his injury is too serious, but was last year an anomaly?

Thanks - deal pending, so I really appreciate it!!
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Ninja

Smile Do it, Just do it

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Can someone give me some quick insight into Michalek??

Our league is goal heavy, so he was valuable to me last year. THIS year, I am pushing for first and have been offered a deal that sees him gone (Wiz/Ribeiro/Kunitz - Carlson/Grabovski/Michalek) and if Milan is looking totally lost without Spezza then I may need to pull the trigger.

I don't suspect his injury is too serious, but was last year an anomaly?

Thanks - deal pending, so I really appreciate it!!
    If you can get Wiz, Ribieiro and Kunitz for Carlson, Grabovski and Michalek PULL THE TRIGGER NOW before he pulls the offer off the table. Seriously, go now.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    If you can get Wiz, Ribieiro and Kunitz for Carlson, Grabovski and Michalek PULL THE TRIGGER NOW before he pulls the offer off the table. Seriously, go now.
    It is done. Keeper, so tough to lose Carlson but what can you do.

Many thanks
    Last edited by loco man; February 14, 2013 at 4:42 PM.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Initiate

Anybody think the unfortunate turn of events helps Alfie make a decision to give 'er another go?

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by SK47 View Post
    Anybody think the unfortunate turn of events helps Alfie make a decision to give 'er another go?
    I think about it everyday. I don't think this is the way he wants to go out - but you could say that about almost everyone who is almost done.

If he stays healthy this season, I can see him coming back.

One thing is for sure, he keeps himself in shape and that won't be the issue.

Administrator

Any thoughts on Daugavins? I own him in the league in my sig. Deep league, and he's on my farm. If things pan out for him he could offer a decent set of stats for that league. I'm just not sure if he's going to make it long-term.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

What are the chances that BMurray can actually get OReilly to come to Ottawa now that they are in serious desperation mode? i mean whats the incentive now? i guess there always next season and the seasons after that. what would the cost be though and would it be reasonable or rational?

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Any thoughts on Daugavins? I own him in the league in my sig. Deep league, and he's on my farm. If things pan out for him he could offer a decent set of stats for that league. I'm just not sure if he's going to make it long-term.
    Interesting - a league deep enough for Daugavins.

Love him as a player and teammate, I just don't see him ever helping your pool. He will always be a guy in and out of the lineup even though he never hurts you on the ice.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    What are the chances that BMurray can actually get OReilly to come to Ottawa now that they are in serious desperation mode? i mean whats the incentive now? i guess there always next season and the seasons after that. what would the cost be though and would it be reasonable or rational?
    Am I missing something? When did Ottawa become in on O'Reilly? Is there a link you can provide?

The Sens are not in serious desperation mode, not sure where you get that from either.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Am I missing something? When did Ottawa become in on O'Reilly? Is there a link you can provide?

The Sens are not in serious desperation mode, not sure where you get that from either.
    http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../20588976.html
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Administrator

Interesting - a league deep enough for Daugavins.

Love him as a player and teammate, I just don't see him ever helping your pool. He will always be a guy in and out of the lineup even though he never hurts you on the ice.
    Yeah, there are such leagues. It's very competitive with 27-man farm rosters and a high amount of adds/drops so it's not uncommon for guys to take chances trying to turn mud into gold. Daugavins as a grinder type has a bit of appeal in this format but not if he's always doing press box duty.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

..ummmm have you watched any of the sens games lately? 1 goal in 120 mins of hockey = need help, at least in my books.

maybe desperation was a little strong, but its not exactly easy street. i am as optomistic as the next sens fan, but it doesnt seem to me that the pucks are going to be filling the net anytime soon....especially with MM seemingly close to operation for a "twisted knee"
    Last edited by finnys_fanatsy; February 19, 2013 at 2:09 PM.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Yeah, there are such leagues. It's very competitive with 27-man farm rosters and a high amount of adds/drops so it's not uncommon for guys to take chances trying to turn mud into gold. Daugavins as a grinder type has a bit of appeal in this format but not if he's always doing press box duty.
    All depends on how quickly you can bring someone up to your big club I guess because Daugavins will always be in and out of the lineup.

Next year, he may get pushed out of the Sens roster too, so unless another team signs him (RFA), he may be playing in Europe.