Page 49 of 244 FirstFirst ... 39 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 59 99 149 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    Tough break for Peter Regin. He looked set to be a legit top-6 contributor before the injury 2 years ago. I'm really rooting for him to have a great year and solidify a spot for himself. Hopefully this isn't a nagging injury that plagues him all season.
    I think he's done. Probably going to Europe next year.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I expect pretty much the same totals (82 game pace) as last year. Looks the same, a bit better some games.
    Great. Hoped as much.

Thanks!
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Icon

Karlsson is man among boys out there..11 and 9 (?) shots on goal the past two games..for a freakin defenseman is unreal. too bad they arent going in though.

Zbad on the top line looked alright as well, but man are they missing Spezza..whoa.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    Karlsson is man among boys out there..11 and 9 (?) shots on goal the past two games..for a freakin defenseman is unreal. too bad they arent going in though.

Zbad on the top line looked alright as well, but man are they missing Spezza..whoa.
    IMO....They are missing last year's Michalek too. He is a shadow of the guy we saw last year.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yep the talent is definitely there but its a few years away from really breaking out.
    Just curious what you think about Turris' play of late. Hes almosr at a ppg but hes definitely not dominating in his expanded role.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

So... with Karlsson out, what happens to the ice time distribution among the rest of the Dmen?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Genius

Haha. Who cares?!?!

Just kidding. I'm driving home from work right now, so I will answer when I get there.

Welcome Seth Jones to Ottawa next year. If the Sens win 7 more games, I will be shocked.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yeah....its a pretty bleak outlook....they were already working their ass for every goal they scored....I hope they make trades for the future and not for the now...look at some more of the young guys.....
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Expert

I'm pretty sure we'll gte to see Wiercioch a bunch more, especially on the PP. THe loss of Karlsson is massive, but I'm interested to see what the kid can do in a different role if he's given the chance.

I also wouldn't be surprised at all if Ottawa go out and trade for a more experienced D man or sign a free agent.

I know the loss of their 2 big guns is almost impossible to overcome, but Anderson's goaltending gives the team a chance to win every night. They won't just throw in the towel on the season.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by bumchilly25 View Post
    I'm pretty sure we'll gte to see Wiercioch a bunch more, especially on the PP. THe loss of Karlsson is massive, but I'm interested to see what the kid can do in a different role if he's given the chance.

I also wouldn't be surprised at all if Ottawa go out and trade for a more experienced D man or sign a free agent.

I know the loss of their 2 big guns is almost impossible to overcome, but Anderson's goaltending gives the team a chance to win every night. They won't just throw in the towel on the season.
    Good post.

Wiercioch will definitely be on the #1 PP with Gonchar now and the ES minutes in my opinion will be spread out fairly evenly.

Expect Eric Gryba to get the call up from Bingo eventually, but the D callups will be a revolving door all season now. I expect everyone to get their cup of tea in the NHL. Borowiecki and Wideman for sure, probably more.

I can see a Ben Bishop trade more clearly now.

No, they won't throw in the towel, but you can't replace Spezza, Karlsson and Cowen from within (no matter how deep the Sens pool is). That means that in order to salvage the season, Bryan Murray will have to go get a big piece. In order to do that, he would need to trade a Zibanejad, Silfverberg, Lehner type prospect and that is just not going to happen with this latest injury to Karlsson. So no, they wont throw in the towel, but they aren't going shopping at Target to buy more fluffy ones.

This team will win 7 more games, max.

The Sens won't make a big trade, they will ride this out. Too much to even attempt to overcome. That's the bottom line here...in my opinion.

Oh, expect Gonchar to be dealt at the deadline. That's my guarantee now.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    So... with Karlsson out, what happens to the ice time distribution among the rest of the Dmen?
    Hey Bro, I answered in my post above, but just wanted you to know that I have no clue.

Wiercioch will be on the #1 PP and then it will be even minutes throughout. There is no number #1 pairing that can be counted on to match lines with anything the opposition throws at the Sens.

Practice lines coming up should give me a better indication, but my uneducated guess would be:

Methot and Benoit
    Phillips and Gonchar
    Wiercioch and Lundin
    Gryba

Either way, look for more even minutes amongst the 6.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sens are done, not even worth trying to salvage the season.

If I were their GM/Coach, I'd be thinking about positioning myself for a high draft pick.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Sens are done, not even worth trying to salvage the season.

If I were their GM/Coach, I'd be thinking about positioning myself for a high draft pick.
    Exactly! And Sens GM Bryan Murray pretty much just said exactly the same thing.

I don't see how the Sens don't finish last in the league this season. I really don't.

I feel bad for Alfie.
    Last edited by notch4077; February 14, 2013 at 1:29 PM.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    I don't see how the Sens don't finish last in the league this season. I really don't.
    Ever heard of the Oilers?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    I feel bad for Alfie.
    This.

Absolutely. Probably his last year. Perhaps that can motivate the rest of the players to play above their heads....but there aren't many teams who could do without their two best players for a season.

BTW, can anyone tell me how I change my username? In light of recent events, "Achilles" just envokes negative emotions in me at the moment.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov