Page 45 of 244 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 55 95 145 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Sustr attended Penguins development camp last summer and looked really good out there from what I've read. Shero will certainly have interest in Sustr this summer if he's ready to turn pro. You can never have too many quality D-men. I hope he chooses Penguins. Sustr could turn into a very good D-man but like you said, he's certainly very much work-in-progress.
    Yup, I think he was at another camp as well as the Penguins, I think Minnesota but I can't recall right now.

Dobber Sports Genius

As updated in the Spezza injury thread, he has a herniated disc and will be out at least 2 months. Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow and rehab can start a week after that.

Testing the depth, let's go boys.

God love Murray and his drafting and trades!!!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Question for you Sens guys...

I recently picked up Gonch off the wire. With this new development, do you guys think there's still enough forward firepower in Ottawa for Gonch to achieve say... 45-50 point pace?

The only guy I could see stepping up is Turris, who I love, but realistically, I just don't see it happening. That offense revolves around Spez.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post

I recently picked up Gonch off the wire. With this new development, do you guys think there's still enough forward firepower in Ottawa for Gonch to achieve say... 45-50 point pace?

The only guy I could see stepping up is Turris, who I love, but realistically, I just don't see it happening. That offense revolves around Spez.
    My $0.02 says that without Spezza, the offense will come in spurts (that sounds waaaay dirtier than I intended) with the young guys getting more opportunities/ice time.

I like what I've seen of Turris so far, from an effort and talent level. I also expect Latendresse and young guns Silfverberg and Zibanejad to be better in Spezza's absence.

Banned

No, it revolves around Karlsson.

Dobber Sports Genius

Yes, I think you should hold onto Gonchar. It's offence by committee in Ottawa anyway and I really don't see the Spezza injury affecting Gonchar all that much to the point where his pace slows more than what made you grab him in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    My $0.02 says that without Spezza, the offense will come in spurts (that sounds waaaay dirtier than I intended) with the young guys getting more opportunities/ice time.

I like what I've seen of Turris so far, from an effort and talent level. I also expect Latendresse and young guns Silfverberg and Zibanejad to be better in Spezza's absence.
    Yup, I agree with The Comish. So many guys will make the most of their improved ice-time, linemates and chances...but if Latendresse is one of them, I will be shocked. Haha

You had me Comish, until you mentioned his name. I hope he proves me wrong, but I haven't liked too much about his game in the first 7.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    ...but if Latendresse is one of them, I will be shocked. Haha

You had me Comish, until you mentioned his name. I hope he proves me wrong, but I haven't liked too much about his game in the first 7.
    I think once he shakes off two years worth of rust, you'll see what I think will be a resurgent Latendresse. When he was with Minny, you know, between the many injuries, he looked like he was gonna bust out offensively and with his size, he could dominate if he can ever put it together. We'll see I guess, but I'm rooting for him. Let's hope he has a Lupul-like comeback!

Dobber Sports Genius

I think once he shakes off two years worth of rust, you'll see what I think will be a resurgent Latendresse. When he was with Minny, you know, between the many injuries, he looked like he was gonna bust out offensively and with his size, he could dominate if he can ever put it together. We'll see I guess, but I'm rooting for him. Let's hope he has a Lupul-like comeback!
    I hope your right. My memories of him are fading and I'm not sure he will have the leash to continue what he is doing. Too many young guys, too much depth waiting to take his spot.

He does have some attributes that not many can boast, so I hope he finds his game again and puts it all together.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Yes, I think you should hold onto Gonchar. It's offence by committee in Ottawa anyway and I really don't see the Spezza injury affecting Gonchar all that much to the point where his pace slows more than what made you grab him in the first place.

Yup, I agree with The Comish. So many guys will make the most of their improved ice-time, linemates and chances...but if Latendresse is one of them, I will be shocked. Haha

Thanks boys, I'll hold onto him for the time being... he's on a short leash!

Dobber Sports Genius

Lots of good info for tonights game (line shuffling, scratches, starters, etc). This is what is looks like right now:

- Anderson will start in net. Ellis for Carolina

- Latendresse did not make the trip to Carolina, which means he will most likely miss the Winnipeg game as well. He has the flu (worst than most because the whole team has had it).

- Instead of 2 "scoring" lines, they are going with more balance on the bottom 3 lines for this game.
    Michalek-Turris-Alfredsson
    Daugavins-Regin-Silfverberg
    Greening-Smith-Neil
    Condra-Zibanejad-O'Brien

- Gonchar is back, so Boroweicki is the scratch. Good for Benoit (he deserves to play).

This will be a tough game to win.

Dobber Sports Genius

And from the land of the ridiculous comes this article:

http://o.canada.com/2013/02/01/shoul...tawa-senators/

I have no more words.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Wow... that's on the same level as most articles on The Hockey Writers. How embarrassing for canada.com.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Icon

What are your thoughts on Borowiecki? Do u see him sticking with the big club for a while? Might he spend some time in pressbox?

Dobber Sports Icon

Also curious what you think will happen with Ben Bishop?

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    What are your thoughts on Borowiecki? Do u see him sticking with the big club for a while? Might he spend some time in pressbox?
    I think he goes back to the AHL when Lundin is healthy and that day is getting closer and closer every midnight.

Let's look at the 8 D in Ottawa when Lundin is healthy:
    - Karlsson
    - Methot
    - Gonchar
    - Phillips
    - Lundin
    - Benoit
    - Wiercioch
    - Borowiecki

Barring anymore injuries with those 8 healthy, it is plausable to make a case to keep all 8 up and go with 13 forwards. My guess, not happening. There is way too much uncertainty with the forwards ranks and MacLean likes to rotate fresh bodies in and out right now. Sure, the flu in the room is seeing to that as well, but the rotating scratches will continue with the forwards in my opinion post-flu.

So with that, one Dman has to go down. Obviously it is between Benoit, Wiercioch and Borowiecki. Benoit was the Bingo captain, but he has done everything asked of him and more and has proven to be not only an NHLer, but the perfect #7 when that time comes.

This is where it becomes even more of my personal opinion, when we narrow the competition down to Wiercioch and Borowiecki - two completely different players. Both have struggled, only one has really stood out and made a positive difference and that is Borowiecki. But with that said, for no reason other than my Sens gut, I think it will be Borowiecki back in the AHL when Lundin is healthy and I have said that since day 1 of camp.

My thoughts on Borowiecki. I think he will be a staple on the Sens as early as next year. He's a beast that other teams will hate and already do. Other teams know when he is on the ice and if they don't, they will ask when they get to the bench after picking themselves up off the ice. Blocked shots and hits all game, every game. Not afraid to protect and defend his teammates. Will be a fan fav very quickly.