Page 44 of 244 FirstFirst ... 34 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 54 94 144 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    The Senators play 4 games next week. We have weekly roster changes and am wondering if Borowiecki is a good start. He had 12 PIM in his last game and I'd love to get my PIMs from d-men.
    There is going to be so much movement in and out of the Sens lineup this season thanks to so much depth, so these questions are always going to be tough to guage. Roll with Borowiecki while be is up with the big club. He is playing again tonight against Washington.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    Zibanejad recalled. Any thoughts on his chances of playing his way into a top 6 role on a regular basis this season?
    Your guess is as good as mine. Tonight against the Caps he wil center the 4th line between Condra and O'Brien.

Spezza is not playing tonight so there is an opportunity for ZBad to get some good minutes but they chose to put him on Line 4.

Bottom line, I don't see him getting Top 6 minutes this season.

Dobber Sports Novice

Is Jacob Silfverberg still on the top line?
    If so, do you see him sticking on there?
    If not, do you see him consistently producing on a different line?
    Or do you see him being sent down to the AHL?
    Lastly, what kind of output do you see him putting up in a 48 game season?
    I don't get to see a lot of Sens games, so any insider help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    16 Team H2H Keeper League - Year 9 (Kept 6...next year Keep 7)

4 Time Regular Season Champion
    2 Time Playoff Champion
    (Never missed the playoffs, and finished in the top three 8 out of 9 years)

Categories:
    Offence: G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, GWG, Shots, Hits
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SO

18 Man Roster
    Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1G, 4BN

C: Galchenyuk (LW), J. Staal (LW), Scheifele, Brassard
    LW: Parise, Benn, Bickell, Kreider (C), Jokinen (C)
    RW: Ovechkin, Ryan (LW), Brunner (C), Burrows (LW)
    D: J. Schultz, Boyle, Wideman, Hamonic
    G: Rask
    IR: Neal (LW/RW), Briere (C/RW), Selanne (RW)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by punkpezpuck View Post
    Is Jacob Silfverberg still on the top line?
    If so, do you see him sticking on there?
    If not, do you see him consistently producing on a different line?
    Or do you see him being sent down to the AHL?
    Lastly, what kind of output do you see him putting up in a 48 game season?
    I don't get to see a lot of Sens games, so any insider help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Greening played with Spezza and Michalek on line 1 last game. He's been in that spot before, and he's a big body that can create space for Jason. Silfverberg was hyped a lot before the season, so I don't think he's lost the spot permanently. However, he's not exactly cemented in there either. Last game he played on line 2 with Turris, but things were screwed up a bit because Alfie didn't play. Perhaps Notch and Big Ev can elaborate further, but at this point I'd say that it is by no means certain that Sifv will stick with Spezza and Michalek.

Incidentally, that last game against Pitt was very sloppy. Hopefully they respond with a solid effort tonight.

As for him sticking with the big club, my guess (emphasize, "guess") would be yes. All the reports that I've read heap praise on him. Working against him however is the team's forward depth. It's a great strength of the club. I look for Regin to have a bounceback year this year, so there will be competition for top 6 minutes. Spezz, Michalek, Alfie and Turris are virtual locks. The remaining two will likely rotate a bit as the season progresses.

That's my 2 cents, but the best advice I can give you is to listen to Big Ev and Notch.....they're both very knowledgeable and helpful about all things Senators.
    Last edited by Achilles; January 29, 2013 at 3:36 PM. Reason: typo
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Banned

Well Zib and Condra and O'Brien have been their best players but that's probably becasue the rest is sick or shite tonight

Zib is too sick, better future than Silf.

Banned

Unreal game from Z

Dobber Sports Ninja

There's a lot to be said for winning ugly. Key word "winning" as Charlie Sheen would say! Anderson was pretty good tonight (understatement).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Banned

Yeah it was ugly. Lots of guys drained I think. Ovechkin looks absolutely brutal. Never seen a guy fall from grace this fast.

Anderson is the leading Vezina candidate right now

Banned

also I said Wiercioch was a lock to be on the team full-season but it doesn't look like that anymore

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    There's a lot to be said for winning ugly. Key word "winning" as Charlie Sheen would say! Anderson was pretty good tonight (understatement).
    Yup, Sens had no business winning that game. It's not an excuse for how bad they looked bad, but the flu is going around the room.

They are getting a fairly decent break for tonights game with Budaj getting the start for the Habs.

Can't complain about this start to the season.

Dobber Sports Genius

Greening played with Spezza and Michalek on line 1 last game. He's been in that spot before, and he's a big body that can create space for Jason. Silfverberg was hyped a lot before the season, so I don't think he's lost the spot permanently. However, he's not exactly cemented in there either. Last game he played on line 2 with Turris, but things were screwed up a bit because Alfie didn't play. Perhaps Notch and Big Ev can elaborate further, but at this point I'd say that it is by no means certain that Sifv will stick with Spezza and Michalek.

Incidentally, that last game against Pitt was very sloppy. Hopefully they respond with a solid effort tonight.

As for him sticking with the big club, my guess (emphasize, "guess") would be yes. All the reports that I've read heap praise on him. Working against him however is the team's forward depth. It's a great strength of the club. I look for Regin to have a bounceback year this year, so there will be competition for top 6 minutes. Spezz, Michalek, Alfie and Turris are virtual locks. The remaining two will likely rotate a bit as the season progresses.

That's my 2 cents, but the best advice I can give you is to listen to Big Ev and Notch.....they're both very knowledgeable and helpful about all things Senators.
    Don't sell yourself short. I have nothing to add to this post - as I all I do is guess with the best of them.

Dobber Sports Genius

Zibanejad recalled. Any thoughts on his chances of playing his way into a top 6 role on a regular basis this season?
    Just thought I would give you the latest update.

With the Spezza injury and the great game by Zibanejad last night, your man gets his chance at a top 6 role tonight against the Habs.

I'm not sure how good of a line it is, but top 6 minutes he will get. His linemates are Regin and Silfverberg.

The Sens great depth is being tested.

Until we know how bad the Spezza injury is and until the season settles down a bit, nothing will be constant in Ottawa. Actually, I can see it going the way it has been with roster changes no matter what happens.

Dobber Sports Genius

I should mention the Sens have renewed (did it ever go away) their interest in 6'8" defenceman Andrej Sustr out of the University of Nebraska-Omaha. Shoots rights, but a huge (pun intended) work-in-progress.

Don't think Chara, think Tyler Myers. Who knows though? I'm all for free assets and RH shots on the blueline. 6'8" is just icing on the cake. See ya in 4 years kid.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    I should mention the Sens have renewed (did it ever go away) their interest in 6'8" defenceman Andrej Sustr out of the University of Nebraska-Omaha. Shoots rights, but a huge (pun intended) work-in-progress.

Don't think Chara, think Tyler Myers. Who knows though? I'm all for free assets and RH shots on the blueline. 6'8" is just icing on the cake. See ya in 4 years kid.
    Thanks for the heads up notch. Chara is a unique talent. The thing that ALL players that tall bring is REACH and as a defenseman, you have so much range with an active stick. Agreed that big players take longer to mature and learn to play within their bodies. I'll keep his name in the back of my mind and quietly mark time.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Sustr attended Penguins development camp last summer and looked really good out there from what I've read. Shero will certainly have interest in Sustr this summer if he's ready to turn pro. You can never have too many quality D-men. I hope he chooses Penguins. Sustr could turn into a very good D-man but like you said, he's certainly very much work-in-progress.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw