Page 43 of 244 FirstFirst ... 33 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 53 93 143 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Pro

Half the experts (atleast) also think that Detroit is going to make the playoffs, which I personally don't think is in the cards, experts are incorrect often. I think It will be close between Boston, Buffalo, and Ottawa for the division, and would not be surprised if all 3 somehow make the playoffs.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Guru

As much as it pains me to say it, the Sens are coming along nicely and have managed to avoid a comeplete rebuild while still staying competitive. They have a solid shot at the playoffs again and in Latendresse have added a very nice piece if he can stay healthy. Im slightly jealous as a suffering Leafs fan

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post

Edit: BTW, Turris looks outstanding so far. And that pass from Latendresse tonight was just sublime.
    I watched thee replay a few times, I am not convinced that puck wasn't about 6" off the ice. I think Turris bladed it in mid-air. Great play by both players. Awesome to see Turris driving to the net like that.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Did anyone else think Wiercioch had a fantastic game? First goal walking the line and throwing that pass to Turris was a beautiful thing to watch. Him and Benoit have been D partners in Bingo all year and are looking like a very nice 5-6 D combo, at least for now. Guess we'll see how they do against the Pens on Sunday first.

If they do fine, I'd argue we don't need another top 6 D, and would prefer to get a top6 forward for Bishop. I was pretty unimpressed with Silfverberg all game, though I guess he showed us what he can do with that goal late. Whenever his line got it in deep it didn't seem like he was contributing much in terms of board play, and they'd never get any sustained pressure.

I feel like he should definitely get a few more games to show what he can do but would putting him on the 4th line ever happen? Or would they send him back down? Because a 4th line of Silfverberg-Obrien-Regin looks pretty amazing to me, if we get that top6 forward from trade.

That would make Condra the 13th forward, something I'm perfectly okay with. Also very excited for Lehners first start, whenever that happens to be.
    10-team - 1yr, h2h Yahoo! - 2 Waiver pickups/week
    G,A,+/-,Hits,PPP,SOG,W,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily starts: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2 UTIL, 2G, 6BE

C: B.Richards, Grabovski, MacKinnon, Kesler
    LW: Vanek(RW), Pacioretty,
    RW: Ovechkin, Iginla, Wheeler, Okposo, Neil
    D: Letang, Green, Phaneuf
    G: Crawford, Price, Pavelec
    IR: R. Nash

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spanyon View Post
    Did anyone else think Wiercioch had a fantastic game? First goal walking the line and throwing that pass to Turris was a beautiful thing to watch. Him and Benoit have been D partners in Bingo all year and are looking like a very nice 5-6 D combo, at least for now. Guess we'll see how they do against the Pens on Sunday first.

If they do fine, I'd argue we don't need another top 6 D, and would prefer to get a top6 forward for Bishop. I was pretty unimpressed with Silfverberg all game, though I guess he showed us what he can do with that goal late. Whenever his line got it in deep it didn't seem like he was contributing much in terms of board play, and they'd never get any sustained pressure.

I feel like he should definitely get a few more games to show what he can do but would putting him on the 4th line ever happen? Or would they send him back down? Because a 4th line of Silfverberg-Obrien-Regin looks pretty amazing to me, if we get that top6 forward from trade.

That would make Condra the 13th forward, something I'm perfectly okay with. Also very excited for Lehners first start, whenever that happens to be.
    Didn't see the first period yesterday, but Wier is looking solid and basically locked up his spot for the season IMO. Looks big out there and him and Turris click. I like Benoit too but I think Lundin will take his spot when healthy and Benoit will be sent back down.

Silf and his line just need time. That goal was big to get him on track. I don't think he would ever get sent down and I think he'll be with Spezza for the majority of the year. I could only see him being swapped for Alfie in the lineup for some games or moments in-game.

Also Lehner just got sent down so it's Bishop and Anderson for now.

And the Sens are rumoured to be in talks with 20-year old KHL d-man Viktor Antipin.

Dobber Sports Genius

Finally Lehner got sent down. The lineup is back to where I thought it would be, minus Hoffman. Glad they did that - Lehner's time will come.

The Sens are going to be a tough team to beat on most nights. Our bottom 2 lines will not take a shift off and there are only a couple teams in the league that I can say that to. If you take a shift off against Greening-Smith-Neil or Regin-O'Brien-Condra the puck will be in your net.

Methot is a beast. Wiercioch and Benoit are exactly as advertised and their games are better suited for the NHL with more structure and more skill.

Loving this so early and the easier schedule to start is perfect for this teams chemistry and confidence.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

A plea for help to all the Sens fans out there.

I have an offer on the table presented to me to relieve me of the bondage of Bryzgalov in exchange for Anderson.

Includes 2 additional players I'm not keen about, but it's the Goalie swap I'm more interested in. While I expect you to be bias, and that's cool, I'm not necessarily asking you to tell me if you think Anderson is more valuable than Bryz (that can be debated all day long)...
    rather
    With Lehner and Bishop waiting in the wings, how Long will Anderson hold the #1 Reigns?

Like Anderson's play better and Ottawa seems to be surging a bit especially in comparison to Philly's Floundering. But Is Anderson for Bryz a fair return on value? or Am I just a pissed off Bryz owner clouded by my frustrations.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    A plea for help to all the Sens fans out there.

I have an offer on the table presented to me to relieve me of the bondage of Bryzgalov in exchange for Anderson.

Includes 2 additional players I'm not keen about, but it's the Goalie swap I'm more interested in. While I expect you to be bias, and that's cool, I'm not necessarily asking you to tell me if you think Anderson is more valuable than Bryz (that can be debated all day long)...
    rather
    With Lehner and Bishop waiting in the wings, how Long will Anderson hold the #1 Reigns?

Like Anderson's play better and Ottawa seems to be surging a bit especially in comparison to Philly's Floundering. But Is Anderson for Bryz a fair return on value? or Am I just a pissed off Bryz owner clouded by my frustrations.
    If your hinge of this deal is on Anderson staying with the Sens and holding down the #1 spot for more than next season, I wouldn't make that assumption. Until this 3-headed goalie monster becomes two, all bets are off.

If things continue for Lehner the way we all know they will, he will be the full-time backup next season at the very least. Once he is up with the big club full-time, he will have his sights set on Anderson's spot. Christ, he already believes it should be his.

In saying that, who cares if Anderson stays with the Sens, he is waaay better on any team than Bryz is with the Flyers.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    If your hinge of this deal is on Anderson staying with the Sens and holding down the #1 spot for more than next season, I wouldn't make that assumption. Until this 3-headed goalie monster becomes two, all bets are off.

If things continue for Lehner the way we all know they will, he will be the full-time backup next season at the very least. Once he is up with the big club full-time, he will have his sights set on Anderson's spot. Christ, he already believes it should be his.

In saying that, who cares if Anderson stays with the Sens, he is waaay better on any team than Bryz is with the Flyers.
    Great feedback and great point. Another angle would be for me to try an Anderson for Bryz straight up and then pick up Lehner off the Waiver Wire for Bachman or Hackett. We keep 2 tenders...but have the option of a 3rd if we want to use one of our Utility spots.

Then my keeper Tenders would be
    Halak
    Backstrom / Anderson (or Both with the Utility)

Or
    Halak
    Anderson and Lehner (and move Backstrom)

Dobber Sports Genius

Great feedback and great point. Another angle would be for me to try an Anderson for Bryz straight up and then pick up Lehner off the Waiver Wire for Bachman or Hackett. We keep 2 tenders...but have the option of a 3rd if we want to use one of our Utility spots.

Then my keeper Tenders would be
    Halak
    Backstrom / Anderson (or Both with the Utility)

Or
    Halak
    Anderson and Lehner (and move Backstrom)
    I didn't think there were any leagues left that still had Lehner on the waiver wire?!?!

What I'm saying is grab him NOW! I don't care who you drop, but yes Bachman and Hackett are dropsies when we are talking about Lehner.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    I didn't think there were any leagues left that still had Lehner on the waiver wire?!?!

What I'm saying is grab him NOW! I don't care who you drop, but yes Bachman and Hackett are dropsies when we are talking about Lehner.
    I appreciate you enthusiasm. However I'm in no hurry to pick up Lehner. In a 10 team league where you keep 2, max 3 tenders, unless Lehner is prepared to take over in a substantial way THIS YEAR, he'd never be kept. If I land Anderson, perhaps I'll make the move for insurance, but not before.

STill...I appreciate your insight.

Dobber Sports Genius

I appreciate you enthusiasm. However I'm in no hurry to pick up Lehner. In a 10 team league where you keep 2, max 3 tenders, unless Lehner is prepared to take over in a substantial way THIS YEAR, he'd never be kept. If I land Anderson, perhaps I'll make the move for insurance, but not before.

STill...I appreciate your insight.
    Glad you sensed my optimism in Lehner. But yeah, obviously your league roster settings dictate who you need. I was just trying to show my love.

Dobber Sports Genius

Even though the Sens are undefeated in the year, it is a long season and it is time for some changes in the lineup.

Out for tonight game against Tampa Bay are:
    - Craig "Hotter than any goalie other than a Ken Hitchcock coached tender" Anderson
    - Guillaume Latendresse (small tweak)
    - Patrick Wiercioch

In for the game are:
    - Ben Bishop gets the start in goal
    - Kaspers "Rooster" Daugavins
    - Mark Borowiecki

Bishop needs to play 7 games (at least 30:00 in each game) this season for Ottawa to retain him as an RFA. Any less and he will become a UFA. So look for him to play those 7 or more this season.

Borowiecki will take the #5 spot beside Benoit.

I expect Regin to replace Latendresse beside Turris and Alfie and Daugavins to play on the 4th line.

Goofy stat for the game is this game will set an NHL record for the tallest starting goalies to ever play in the same game. Lindback at 6'6 and Bishop at 6'7.

We'll see. Go Sens go!

Dobber Sports Wizard

The Senators play 4 games next week. We have weekly roster changes and am wondering if Borowiecki is a good start. He had 12 PIM in his last game and I'd love to get my PIMs from d-men.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Zibanejad recalled. Any thoughts on his chances of playing his way into a top 6 role on a regular basis this season?
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov