Page 42 of 244 FirstFirst ... 32 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 52 92 142 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Banned

So has Patrick Wiercioch who is locked in on D.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    For what it's worth..

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch

A trained eye says Kyle Turris has been impressive through the first 2 days. #Sens
    Perfect. He needs a big year and I was hoping for it in my preview post last week.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    So has Patrick Wiercioch who is locked in on D.
    Yup, this too.

Wiercioch may even see time with Gonchar and Phillips can have the 5 spot with Benoit, Lundin and Borowiecki rotating in the 6 spot.

Dobber Sports Genius

I love when a plan comes together.

Dobber Sports Genius

It seems I pretty much nailed the starting roster of 20 for the Sens on opening night. I don't recall ever reading anywhere that both Wiercioch and Benoit would make play the home-opener in Winnipeg...but I did.

I love the Sens!

Not sure why the need to keep 3 goalies, but nice job on Lehner, however temporary.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I know this is probably hard to tell, but I'll ask anyway. How many games do you think Borowiecki will play? If it's a three-way rotation for the 6th spot, it doesn't sound too promising. He's a nice dark horse for PIM, which in our league setup are very handy when they come from d-men.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    It seems I pretty much nailed the starting roster of 20 for the Sens on opening night. I don't recall ever reading anywhere that both Wiercioch and Benoit would make play the home-opener in Winnipeg...but I did.

I love the Sens!

Not sure why the need to keep 3 goalies, but nice job on Lehner, however temporary.
    Atta boy.....

the three golie thing is a tough one, but the longer it goes on it leads me to believe they are gonna give Lehner the back up roll.....
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Icon

i cant wait to watch these guys finally get at it. its been a looong stretch.

if silfverberg can make sweet magic on the first line would be even better

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I know this is probably hard to tell, but I'll ask anyway. How many games do you think Borowiecki will play? If it's a three-way rotation for the 6th spot, it doesn't sound too promising. He's a nice dark horse for PIM, which in our league setup are very handy when they come from d-men.
    You're right, tough question because I can't really base my opinion on anything other than depth charts and performance so far, but here goes. Borowiecki will be up as the 7th defenceman until Lundin comes back from injury. Once Lundin is back, one of Benoit or Borowiecki will go back to Bingo. Benoit has won this battle so far based on performance and being Bingo partners with Wiercioch. But, I think when Lundin is back, Benoit will go back to Bingo as he is the captain there and well, just a hunch. That leaves Borowiecki to stay as the 7th defenceman all year and I don't think he will play all that often. How many games will he play? 5-10 in my opinion - if that. Wiercioch is playing every game this season with Lundin, Benoit and Borowiecki getting the 6th spot duties. 30 games for Lundin, 10+ games for Benoit, 5 games for Borowiecki.

I correctly predicted the exact 23 man roster (except for the Sens carrying three goalies), once that situation is resolved (Lehner to the AHL or one of Lehner, Bishop or Anderson traded), Hoffman will come up to the NHL.

Bottom line: You won't get much from Borowiecki this season - Wiercioch has progressed too much and leapfrogged Borowiecki.
    Last edited by notch4077; January 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by fulcrum View Post
    Atta boy.....

the three golie thing is a tough one, but the longer it goes on it leads me to believe they are gonna give Lehner the back up roll.....
    Thanks for the props, but...

I disagree. The longer it goes, the longer Lehner will be in the AHL. They won't carry 3 goalies in their 23 man roster for much longer, it just doesn't work.

On the other hand, the quicker it gets resolved, the quicker Lehner comes to Ottawa full-time (unless he is the one that is traded - low odds of that).

What I do know, Anderson is the #1 and will no doubt start for Ottawa's home opener tomorrow. Some people want to try and push Lehner this season and it makes no sense to me.

EDIT: Just realized what you meant by "it" - "it" was the three goalie thing pertaining to who dresses as backup. To that I say meh, who cares who the backup is. I only care who starts.
    Last edited by notch4077; January 20, 2013 at 3:43 PM.

Banned

Bishop will be gone soon enough.

I'm ecstatic about Marc Methot. That's all I have to say about yesterday's game.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Thanks for the props, but...

I disagree. The longer it goes, the longer Lehner will be in the AHL. They won't carry 3 goalies in their 23 man roster for much longer, it just doesn't work.

On the other hand, the quicker it gets resolved, the quicker Lehner comes to Ottawa full-time (unless he is the one that is traded - low odds of that).

What I do know, Anderson is the #1 and will no doubt start for Ottawa's home opener tomorrow. Some people want to try and push Lehner this season and it makes no sense to me.

EDIT: Just realized what you meant by "it" - "it" was the three goalie thing pertaining to who dresses as backup. To that I say meh, who cares who the backup is. I only care who starts.
    What I meant....was if the game plan was for Bishop to be the backup and to let Lrhner season for one more year...he would be there. I think they are going make a move with Bishop that keeps Lehner on the big club.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Banned

Its sad how little respect and attention this team gets. Legit Norris D, Top center, best G depth in the league, depth throughout the lineup, chemistry, skill and grit. Yet you got guys like Angus saying TORONTO is the sleeper in the division? Are you serious? I'll take the underdog role any day but I am curious why people don't see that Ottawa is very close to being a legit contender soon enough with the talent they have Right now and on the farm (best team in the AHL right now)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Its sad how little respect and attention this team gets. Legit Norris D, Top center, best G depth in the league, depth throughout the lineup, chemistry, skill and grit. Yet you got guys like Angus saying TORONTO is the sleeper in the division? Are you serious? I'll take the underdog role any day but I am curious why people don't see that Ottawa is very close to being a legit contender soon enough with the talent they have Right now and on the farm (best team in the AHL right now)
    I normally dislike "our team gets no respect" comments, but I agree that it's very surprising how many experts aren't picking Ottawa as a playoff team this year.

Any ideas as to where Bishop likely ends up?

Edit: BTW, Turris looks outstanding so far. And that pass from Latendresse tonight was just sublime.

So much for my boycott.
    Last edited by Achilles; January 21, 2013 at 11:19 PM.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    I normally dislike "our team gets no respect" comments, but I agree that it's very surprising how many experts aren't picking Ottawa as a playoff team this year.

Any ideas as to where Bishop likely ends up?

Edit: BTW, Turris looks outstanding so far. And that pass from Latendresse tonight was just sublime.

So much for my boycott.
    Yeah, I don't like doing that either. Last year, fine, they were an unknown and obviously wouldn't be picked to do much (I had them around 10 if I recall). But this year? I just don't get it. But whatever, fan and media attention doesn't matter. Actual NHL teams won't look down on them.

There is a legit chance they could start the year 4-0 too.