Page 38 of 244 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 48 88 138 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Bobby Butler has been placed on waivers.
    Twitter is down for me. I don't see it anywhere, but I believe you. I was waiting on this news today.

Too early to give up on him, but he didn't do himself any favours last year and was passed by too many on the depth charts.

We will see what happens from here...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Twitter is down for me. I don't see it anywhere, but I believe you. I was waiting on this news today.

Too early to give up on him, but he didn't do himself any favours last year and was passed by too many on the depth charts.

We will see what happens from here...
    Oh haha, sorry I probably should have included the source.

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch
    Bobby Butler has been placed on waivers _ likely for purpose of a buyout. #Sens

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Oh haha, sorry I probably should have included the source.
    You don't need to site your sources with me.

Ha. I don't follow him. Even if I did, Twitter is out of commission for me.

Thanks for the update...even though I think it is too early to lose him for nothing. But, we signed him for nothing, so meh.

Anything could still happen with him.

All any Sens fan is really waiting for anyway is Alfie to make his intentions known that he is indeed back to win the Hart and Stanley Cup with Ottawa.

Dobber Sports Genius

I finally found confirmation from my end (not that we needed it).

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/07/26/...ler-on-waivers

Probably just a case of me overvaluing players from my favourite team, but I don't see him making in through waivers. Too many teams need "help" in their Top 6, need and extra contract, and Butler is young with room to grow.

Islanders for sure, maybe Winnipeg to name a couple. Both teams struggle to attract players through the FA route as well. No other way to grab players other than via trade.

Watch Bobby B become the new Anson Carter beside the Sedins!
    Last edited by notch4077; July 26, 2012 at 1:18 PM.

Banned

nobody will claim him at that price IMO. He'll have to sign a two-way deal somewhere. He's not good enough to be on an NHL roster at the moment, but he'd be great in the AHL with a callup or two. He could be a 40 goal scorer in the A.
    Last edited by Big Ev; July 26, 2012 at 3:34 PM.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    nobody will claim him at that price IMO. He'll have to sign a two-way deal somewhere. He's not good enough to be on an NHL roster at the moment, but he'd be great in the AHL with a callup or two. He could be a 40 goal scorer in the A.
    Lots of players aren't "good enough" to be on an NHL roster, but they are, for many different reasons.

I like low-risk, medium reward players - that is what Butler is to me - at his salary, for teams that still need a potential Top 6 player and are way under the "estimated" cap floor.

Chances are far greater he has to get a new contract, most likely two-way, but stranger things have happened. Until he clears or gets claimed, we won't know.

Doesn't matter to me either way anymore, I wish him well in the future. He has scored at every level he has ever been at and will continue that trend.

Dobber Sports Genius

Started an "Alfie is back" thread in the General Hockey Chat.

Amazing news.

I'm gonna love having season tickets this season.

Banned

Told ya he'd just play the rest of his deal with no extension

Dobber Sports Guru

Hoping someone can help me with this. I'm not a Sens fan, so I don't know the answer to this.

My sister is thinking of coming up from Newfoundland to bring her five-year-old son to a Sens game. Her son's favourite team is the Kings (and yes, he was cheering for them since the beginning of last season, before they won the Cup). If they do buy tickets, is there a policy about what would happen in the event of a lockout? For example, if they get tickets for the Kings game on Dec. 15, and that game is cancelled/postponed, what would be her options? Could she get a refund? If the game got changed to a different opponent in case a new schedule comes out, could she still get a refund?

I've tried contacting the ticket department by E-mail, but no answer yet.

Since it's such a big trip to plan, she wants to make sure of her options before she decides to go ahead with it.

Has anyone heard if they've come out with a plan yet?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Hoping someone can help me with this. I'm not a Sens fan, so I don't know the answer to this.

My sister is thinking of coming up from Newfoundland to bring her five-year-old son to a Sens game. Her son's favourite team is the Kings (and yes, he was cheering for them since the beginning of last season, before they won the Cup). If they do buy tickets, is there a policy about what would happen in the event of a lockout? For example, if they get tickets for the Kings game on Dec. 15, and that game is cancelled/postponed, what would be her options? Could she get a refund? If the game got changed to a different opponent in case a new schedule comes out, could she still get a refund?

I've tried contacting the ticket department by E-mail, but no answer yet.

Since it's such a big trip to plan, she wants to make sure of her options before she decides to go ahead with it.

Has anyone heard if they've come out with a plan yet?
    I'm a Sens season ticket holder and I know for a fact you would get your money back in full if that game were to be cancelled.

Banned

Most people knew it would be the case, but Jared Cowen will play in Binghamton along with the other prospects.

You could probably get him for cheap, and if he really has a strong shwoing offensively down there, it will help him going forward in the NHL (both for this season and the future). He makes a nice value grab right now.

Banned

also, as I already have stated here before, Zibanejad will be played at LW down in Binghamton and whenever he makes the NHL (either wing). Spezza-Turris-Smith are the 1-2-3 centres going forward.

Banned

B-Sens training camp roster:

Goaltenders: Marc Cheverie, Scott Greenham, Nathan Lawson, Robin Lehner

Defensemen: Andre Benoit, Ben Blood, Mark Borowiecki, Matt Campanale, Fredrik Claesson, Jared Cowen, Jack Downing, Tyler Eckford, Eric Gryba, Jimmy Martin, Chris Wideman, Patrick Wiercioch

Forwards: Pat Cannone, Louie Caporusso, Corey Cowick, Jakub Culek, Stephane Da Costa, David Dziurzynski, Derek Grant, Wacey Hamilton, Mike Hoffman, Hugh Jessiman, Darren Kramer, Daniel New, Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Brad Peltz, Andre Petersson, Shane Prince, Cole Schneider, Jakob Silfverberg, Mark Stone, Mika Zibanejad

The B-Sens are scheduled to begin training camp next Thursday, Sept. 27 at the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena.

-----

Sens prospect Cody Ceci named 67's co-captain, and Matt Puempel named alternat captain of the Kitchener Rangers.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The B-Sens' top six is going to be VERY interesting to follow if it stays this way.

Silfverberg - Zibanejad - Petersson
    Hoffman - Da Costa - Stone

Or something like that. I imagine Prince will contend for a top six spot as well. Unsure of what position Hoffman usually plays.
    GO WINGS!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    The B-Sens' top six is going to be VERY interesting to follow if it stays this way.

Silfverberg - Zibanejad - Petersson
    Hoffman - Da Costa - Stone

Or something like that. I imagine Prince will contend for a top six spot as well. Unsure of what position Hoffman usually plays.
    The team has actually said that Zibanejad will play LW in Binghamton (to prepare for NHL duties on the wing), and Murray alluded to Silfverberg playing on the right. But the Top 6 players should be the ones you posted so it doesn't make much of a difference, really.

Hoffman usually plays LW, but he plays centre some games and used to be a full time C in junior. So, I could see Da Costa and Hoffman being the Top 2 centremen.

I could also see Jean-Gabriel Pageau challenge for a Top 6 spot, since he is a centre and could fill that #2 role, but it will be pretty tough for him to even earn a full-time roster spot given the competition.