Page 34 of 244 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 44 84 134 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Banned

Karlsson extended for 7 years. Terms not available.

Rumour from Don Brennan (so take with huge grain of salt) is the Sens are in on Rick Nash and the offer would be Mika Zibanejad, Nick Foligno, and Ben Bishop for Nash.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Karlsson extended for 7 years. Terms not available.

Rumour from Don Brennan (so take with huge grain of salt) is the Sens are in on Rick Nash and the offer would be Mika Zibanejad, Nick Foligno, and Ben Bishop for Nash.
    Wow. solid offer for Nash. I'd be shocked if they accept, but its a solid offer if its true.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Yeah I don't think I would accept that from Columbus' point of view but it seems like a good start. I really like Zibby and would be very hesitant to trade him but only losing 1 forward out of the Sens prospect cupboard for a player like Nash seems to make sense, plus Bishop isn't a huge loss with Lehner already in the fold. Still doubt it would happen with Ottawa but if Zibanejad went the other way I would feel so bad for him having to go to Columbus...

Dobber Sports Veteran

I thought Columbus was asking for a 1st all along in any package as well....do you think Ottawa would add their 1st round pick? (assuming it isn't already in the deal....)
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I thought Columbus was asking for a 1st all along in any package as well....do you think Ottawa would add their 1st round pick? (assuming it isn't already in the deal....)
    Maybe, but the 15th doesn't hold the biggest value out there. I wouldn't be too worried about giving that up if needed, though.

Banned

Sens draft picks over the weekend:

1st round - 15th overall: Cody Ceci (D, Ottawa, OHL)

3rd round - 76th overall: Chris Driedger (G, Calgary, WHL)

3rd round - 82nd overall: Jarrod Maidens (C, Owen Sound, OHL)

4th round - 106th overall: Tim Boyle (D, Noble, USHS)

5th round - 136th overall: Robbie Baillargeon (C, Indiana, USHL)

6th round - 166th overall: Francois Brassard (G, Quebec, QMJHL)

7th round - 196th overall: Mikael Wikstrand (D, Mora, Allsvenskan)

-Love the Ceci pick. Liked some D better than him going into the draft, but they were all selected ahead of him anyway. The Sens revealed he was in their top 5. He's going to be a #3 d-man and PP spe******t for a long time. Brian Murray joked that they also really liked Ceci because he could pick Murray up on the way to the rink every day since he lives nearby. Can't beat this pick as he is a top player, fills a need, and is from the city. He will be playing in Scotiabank Place next year regardless of what league he is in as the 67's move out of Landsdown for the next 2 years.

-Jarrod Maidens is a solid pick. Once slated for the middle of the first round, but fell due to concussion concerns. The Sens say they had him cleared out and hope to have a potential steal down the line. Promising player who is a pro on and off the ice.

The other picks are projects who I do not know much about, but here is some info/scout's opinions:

-They picked up 2 CHL goalies who will be starters next year on good teams. Can't hurt picking Brassard, a local goalie from Gatineau, who is coached by the greatest goalie of all time in Quebec. The scouts speak high of Driedger.

-As for Tim Boyle, he is the brother of NYR's Brian Boyle. The scouts mentioned how they always went to see other players and he just stood out all the time. He will be attending Union College in the fall.

-Robbie Baillargeon had a good rookie year for Indiana in the USHL. He will be playing one more year in Indiana then will be attending Boston University in the fall of 2013. Scouts think he could end up being a Hobey Baker candidate one day.

-Mikael Wikstrand played in the Allsvenskan this eyar against men. A good candidate to play on the Swedish world junior team next year. Just a simple d-man who doesn't wow you.

Overall can't evaluate their draft other than Ceci as most are projects. The team said this draft was just average so don't expect a Mark Stone or Shane Prince here.
    Last edited by Big Ev; June 24, 2012 at 11:50 PM.

Banned

Three undrafted players invited to Sens development camp beginning tomorrow:

Cameron Darcy, a 1994 forward from the USNTDP

Trevor Van Riemsdyk, defenceman, brother of JVR

Daniel New, d-man who played a couple of games in the AHL last year after college

Other than that, all prospects will be there expect for Jakob Silfverberg who doesn't need to.

Banned

2012 1st rounder Matt Puempel traded to Kitchener. Excellent. He could put up 50 goals in a healthy year on that team.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    2012 1st rounder Matt Puempel traded to Kitchener. Excellent. He could put up 50 goals in a healthy year on that team.
    Attitude problem Ask for a trade specifically to Kitchener.

Wasn't it you Big Ev who had a problem with these types of situations? (aka Spooner?)

I guess it's alright for the Sens though

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Attitude problem Ask for a trade specifically to Kitchener.

Wasn't it you Big Ev who had a problem with these types of situations? (aka Spooner?)

I guess it's alright for the Sens though
    Haha. At least he didn't ask for a trade twice like some people. I'll cut Spooner some slack too as it seems like PBO is a hellhole right now. Watch for Slater K to ask for one too if they don't imporve.

Seriously though he should have asked for a trade to the 67's. Could use the help with Toffoli and Prince leaving.

Spooner's still a douche.

Banned

Sens sign Mike Lundin and Guillaume Latendresse. Trade Foligno for Methot.

Thrilled with Latendresse as he is a 20+ goal scorer when healthy. Had my eye on him when seeing guys Sens could sign. Big guy with hands. Wild fans loved him. No risk signing.

Lundin two-way D, Methot a shut-down D.

Murray says they are "done" but the team will be under the cap floor so it's impossible.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Pretty sure they will need another Dman, all they have is 6 (Karlsson, Gonchar, Cowen, Phillips, Methot, Lundin) and Lundin has been plagued by injurys

Banned

They'll likely give the 7th spot to Borowiecki or Wiercioch.

Banned

Mark Borowiecki named hardest working player at Sens development camp for 2nd year in a row.

Banned

After prospect camp, it appears these forwards will fight it out for spot(s) on the roster this season:

Jakob Silfverberg (pretty much a lock)
    Mika Zibanejad (I think he could make it as a 3rd line winger but playing #1 minutes in Binghamton may be better)
    Mark Stone (same thing with Zibanejad, more minutes in Binghamton might be better)
    Mike Hoffman (former QMJHL MVP, played 1 game last year, is an amazing skater with a good, accurate shot)

On D, Mark Borowiecki is all but a lock to make the 7 man unit as he is ready and provides a level of physicality and nastiness that is currently lacking, outside of Mathot.

Right now Binghamton has 18 forwards or so competing for 12-13 spots, so there will likely be trades or moves made in the coming months.