Page 24 of 244 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Genius

Lehner expected to start tomorrow against Boston, with Auld as the backup according to Bryan Murray

Dobber Sports Genius

Brian Lee traded to TBay for Matt Gilroy trade thread:
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/forums/s...d.php?t=127367

I don't like this trade for Ottawa.

Dobber Sports Genius

The trade deadline is over and barring the usual tricklers that come for the next hour, I love the Bishop trade for Ottawa even more now. Harding, Schneider, Bernier and Lindback all stayed put. Just goes to show you how valuable depth at that position is.

Great job Sens on getting Ben Bishop from the Blues!

Dobber Sports Genius

Fireworks for tomorrows game against the Bruins as Joe Corvo seeks retribution for a perceived blindside hit to the head delivered by Ottawa Senator Kyle Turris on Saturday night.

The hit can be seen here :
    http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/0...-at-td-garden/

Some quotes from Corvo include:
    “Let’s just say I’ll be looking for him (Turris) right off the bat,” said Corvo. “I’m not [happy]. Two days I’ve been walking around with a headache. Just because I didn’t lay down on the ice and get carted off and miss a period . . . I don’t know . . . it doesn’t mean that it wasn’t a cheap shot.

“In my opinion he (Turris) saw my numbers and took the opportunity to seek revenge for the game prior when we were at home. Hopefully he’s a man and he’ll step up tomorrow when I come after him. I’m not going to try and hurt him, but I want to fight him.”

Corvo isn’t a fighter – in fact he got into his first NHL scrap earlier this season with the Bruins – and clearly neither is Turris. So the B’s defenseman felt that dropping the gloves to settle their differences is the honorable thing.

“I think so. It was a cheap shot. From what I heard I stayed on the ice for a second, but from what I was told he stayed on the ice and acted like he was hurt,” said Corvo. “It was just another indicator he felt like he was wrong and was afraid somebody else was going to going to get him while sticking up for me.”

Let's just say I find it funny that Corvo, he and his 1 CAREER NHL fight card, wants to fight Turris.

I wonder if Corvo thinks Turris can give him more of a go than the woman he beat up when he played for the Manchester Monarchs in 2003? Don't believe me, click here:
    http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...ORTS/110709944

Dobber Sports Genius

What a game for the Sens!

Tim Thomas kept that game close. While the Bruins lost focus, the Sens kept theirs and continued to play their game.

The Turris hit on Corvo could be a turning point to the season as well as the Anderson injury. This team has stepped up their game and the Bruins were a big elephant in the room. Consider it extinct.

I will be happy with any first round matchup, except for Pittsburgh and Boston. Lundqvist scares me too, but meh.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

An outstanding effort by the Sens. Like Notch said, the team was focused the entire game.

Lehner was solid - a great show of talent and professionalism after the team acquired Bishop. He could just as easily have sulked, but he's turned in two excellent games since the Bishop news. It'll be great to see these two quality goalies battle it out in the future. It seems so odd to be talking about Ottawa's goaltending depth!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by The Messier Scowl View Post
    An outstanding effort by the Sens. Like Notch said, the team was focused the entire game.

Lehner was solid - a great show of talent and professionalism after the team acquired Bishop. He could just as easily have sulked, but he's turned in two excellent games since the Bishop news. It'll be great to see these two quality goalies battle it out in the future. It seems so odd to be talking about Ottawa's goaltending depth!
    What a feeling...finally! The Anderson injury, is already being talked about as a turning point to the season, and that is no disrespect to Anderson. It has really just focused the players on the ice and management off it. GM Bryan Murray himself said, it focused him into going out a searching for a goalie and Bishop was that piece.

Bishop had an amazing first interview with the Sens, said all the right things, seemed genuinely happy and impressed with the fact that Murray called him prior to the trade to get his thoughts, and then went out and stopped 41 shots in his first game in the AHL in a 5-1 win.

Now the question is, how do you handle having 3 NHL ready goaltenders? I still think Lehner will be in the AHL next year, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he forces his way onto the team for next season.

Either way, great problem to have finally and we all trust Bryan Murray and Paul MacLean.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    What a feeling...finally! The Anderson injury, is already being talked about as a turning point to the season, and that is no disrespect to Anderson. It has really just focused the players on the ice and management off it. GM Bryan Murray himself said, it focused him into going out a searching for a goalie and Bishop was that piece.

Bishop had an amazing first interview with the Sens, said all the right things, seemed genuinely happy and impressed with the fact that Murray called him prior to the trade to get his thoughts, and then went out and stopped 41 shots in his first game in the AHL in a 5-1 win.

Now the question is, how do you handle having 3 NHL ready goaltenders? I still think Lehner will be in the AHL next year, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he forces his way onto the team for next season.

Either way, great problem to have finally and we all trust Bryan Murray and Paul MacLean.
    Also a great feeling.....

Dobber Sports Genius

Paul MacLean is easily the single-most important piece to this season. Followed by Dave Cameron and Mark Reeds. What these guys have been able to do with a very inexperienced NHL bunch, has been remarkable.

Right or wrong, the "Coach Killer" label had a lot of Sens fans worried.

Dobber Sports Genius

The Sens have called up Rob Klinkhammer for tonights game against Florida proving once again, the Sens will reward their prospects for hard work, results, dedication and attitude. It doesn't matter who you are, where you were drafted, or how entitled you think you are; if you deserve a call-up, you will get it.

This will be Klinkhammer's 2nd NHL game, his 1st was with Chicago (the team who signed him as a free agent), in the 2010-11 where he registered 3 hits, 1 SOG, 1BS and was a +1.

Ottawa got a hold of Klinkhammer earlier this season when they traded a conditional 7th rounder in 2013 to Chicago. The pick will only be compensated to Chicago if Klinkhammer plays 5 or more games this season in the NHL.

Klinkhammer is a big Canadian boy and will most likely replace any number of struggling Sens LW's right now, from Butler to Foligno to Condra. One would have to assume that Butler will be the odd man out though as he has been close to invisible for long stretches all year. Butler's time with the organization may be running out actually. The Sens morning game day skate is at 10:00 today, so after that we will get a good idea of what Paul MacLean has in store for his lines and where Klinkhammer will fit into them.

Good luck against the Panthers today/tonight (6PM) Rob!
    Last edited by notch4077; March 4, 2012 at 10:34 AM.

Dobber Sports Genius

Well, the game day skate is over and guess who is scratched for Klinkhammer? Foligno, Condra or Butler? Nope, nope and nope....Zack Smith!!! No idea why and don't ask.

Klinkhammer is expected to play 2nd line minutes to the left of Turris and Alfredsson. Will it last all game? Hardly does with MacLean, but nice gesture to start for sure.

It was time for a deserving call up, just didn't think Smitty would be the one to come out.

Konopka also draws back in in replace of Daugavins, who is another guy that has struggled. Most Bingo guys from last year...and there are lots of them are struggling. Makes sense, they have all played a lot of hockey in the last calendar year.

Coach MacLean also said that Ben Bishop would be getting a start in goal soon at the NHL level. He has played outstanding for Bingo since the trade and really just carried on his numbers from Peoria seamlessly.
    Last edited by notch4077; March 4, 2012 at 11:26 AM.

Dobber Sports Genius

Good audio http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/Audio...4_MacLean1.mp3 just released after the morning skate.

Mentions to Klinkhammer, Daugavins, Smith, Konopka, Gilroy, Lehner and Bishop.

Dobber Sports Giant

Since Lehner lost yesterday, any news about Bishop getting the call for tomorrow's game?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Chicleteur View Post
    Since Lehner lost yesterday, any news about Bishop getting the call for tomorrow's game?
    Sounds like there is a good chance.....

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../19458566.html

The plan was to recall newly acquired G Ben Bishop from Binghamton to suit up against the Panthers, but that was put on hold because of the way Robin Lehner has performed. MacLean said Bishop will soon get a chance with Ottawa. “We want to see him play in some games,” said MacLean. “We fully plan to take a look, we just want to make sure he’s comfortable to come up and play a game.”
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Sounds like there is a good chance.....

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../19458566.html

The plan was to recall newly acquired G Ben Bishop from Binghamton to suit up against the Panthers, but that was put on hold because of the way Robin Lehner has performed. MacLean said Bishop will soon get a chance with Ottawa. “We want to see him play in some games,” said MacLean. “We fully plan to take a look, we just want to make sure he’s comfortable to come up and play a game.”
    Thanks Hybrid! I just hope this will be confirmed before tomorrow as I need to pick him today if he's the starter...