Page 209 of 244 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 219 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    Great weekend in Sweden for the sens. Duchene really impressed yesterday and Stone continues to dominate. He’ll finish in the top 10 in scoring at the very least
    70 points! Guaranteed!!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Duchene was pretty good offensively but very bad defensively. He didn't impress me at all. The Senators coaching staff will need to work with him to get him playing good enough defensive game.

Stone is definitely on a hot streak but it will be interesting to see how long he can continue doing that. Most people can give 120% effort for a short period of time but usually not a full season. His season stats will depend mostly on how long his cold streaks end up being. Top-10 players usually have very short cold streaks.
    disagree there. He wasn’t very bad defensively. He just needs to learn a new system and gel with teammates . He actually was in the right spot a lot of the time and was great at both ends yesterday. The first game was an adjustment in many ways for sure. He was extremely , extremely impressive yesterday and has a presence the sens haven’t had at centre in a while . He changes the dynamic of the team and the first pp they have now is scary

i doubt we see many cold steaks from Stone this year. Not sure if he’s going to be a point per game but he’s showing he’s on thatsuperstar level now

Dobber Sports Wizard

disagree there. He wasn’t very bad defensively. He just needs to learn a new system and gel with teammates . He actually was in the right spot a lot of the time and was great at both ends yesterday. The first game was an adjustment in many ways for sure. He was extremely , extremely impressive yesterday and has a presence the sens haven’t had at centre in a while . He changes the dynamic of the team and the first pp they have now is scary

i doubt we see many cold steaks from Stone this year. Not sure if he’s going to be a point per game but he’s showing he’s on thatsuperstar level now
    No, he actually was very bad defensively. He definitely needs to learn a new system but he also needs to give them better effort level defensively and make smarter decisions defensively. He's talented enough to get there eventually but in that game he was nowhere near as good as you're describing here. The Senators system just can't afford to have players who are lazy defensively, and that's something Duchene needs to learn.

No, he actually was very bad defensively. He definitely needs to learn a new system but he also needs to give them better effort level defensively and make smarter decisions defensively. He's talented enough to get there eventually but in that game he was nowhere near as good as you're describing here. The Senators system just can't afford to have players who are lazy defensively, and that's something Duchene needs to learn.
    Whatever you say man. Don’t agree at all. He is adjusting to a new team, that’s it. He was not very bad defensively yesterday at all. He was the sens first or second best player yesterday in a game they dominated. Colorado was not able to get anything going alll game. Regardless it’s going to take a couple of weeks for him to adjust. He was lauded for his attention to detail and all around play by the coach

Dobber Sports Wizard

Don’t agree at all. He is adjusting to a new team, that’s it. He was not very bad defensively yesterday at all. He was the sens first or second best player yesterday in a game they dominated. Colorado was not able to get anything going alll game
    Colorado is a one-line team, even some KHL teams would dominate against that team. Ottawa was clearly the better team but almost lost the game because they were bad defensively, and Duchene was one of the worst in that. Offensively he was pretty good but Karlsson, Hoffman and Stone were clearly better. I understand you're trying to justify the trade from Ottawa perspective but at least wait until he's actually playing well before doing that because he just wasn't very impressive in either of these games.

Colorado is a one-line team, even some KHL teams would dominate against that team. Ottawa was clearly the better team but almost lost the game because they were bad defensively, and Duchene was one of the worst in that. Offensively he was pretty good but Karlsson, Hoffman and Stone were clearly better. I understand you're trying to justify the trade from Ottawa perspective but at least wait until he's actually playing well before doing that because he just wasn't very impressive in either of these games.
    holy, you’re kidding about that khl comemnt right? No khl team would beat any nhl team. It’s a completely different level of league

Ottawa was bad defensively? They gave up 18 shots all game. Colorado was only good on power plays. duchene had 8 shots, won 80% faceoffs and dominated the play. He was very impressive.

your opinion here is laughably bad especially that khl comment . Just stop talking because you really don’t have a clue

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    70 points! Guaranteed!!
    regarding Stone, is that 40 goals or 30?
    I think with Duchene on the team, he can reach 40
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Wizard

holy, you’re kidding about that khl comemnt right? No khl team would beat any nhl team. It’s a completely different level of league

Ottawa was bad defensively? They gave up 18 shots all game. Colorado was only good on power plays. duchene had 8 shots, won 80% faceoffs and dominated the play. He was very impressive.

your opinion here is laughably bad especially that khl comment . Just stop talking because you really don’t have a clue
    You clearly have never even watched KHL hockey. I'm sorry that I'm embarrassing you when you're trying to make the Senators look better than what they are but sometimes you homers just need a dose of reality. Your team barely beat an AHL level team, I wouldn't be planning the parade based on that. And yes, the best KHL teams are better than the worst NHL teams. Anyone following both leagues closely could tell you that.

Giving up a low number of shots doesn't equal to being great defensively. They gave up high-quality scoring chances which happened because they played bad defensively. None of the goals were Condon's fault, they happened because of bad defensive plays. I don't know why they decided to change the goalie but I'm guessing it was just to wake up the team - and it worked, so I'm not questioning that move. But that goalie change should tell you they were playing bad defensively because they needed that wake-up call. I'm actually starting to wonder if you even watched the game or just checked the box score because your comments are just not lining up with reality at all.

Duchene was the best face-off guy in the league last season, I don't know how him being good at face-offs is such a surprise to you.

What has impressed me most about watching stone is his cool/collective approach at following the play. He's seemed to have elevated his hockey sense and can read the play much better. I don't think he's physically running at 120% right now; he's just more effectively using his energy! I've been extremely impressed with him.
    10 team H2H points league (keep 4) - G, A, P, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, GA, SV, SHO
    C - Draisatl (c/w), Seguin (c/w), Aho, Couturier, Backstrom, Lindholm (c/w), Monahan
    W - P Kane, Hall, Wilson, E Kane, Dvorak, Lee
    D - Burns, McCavoy, Chabot, Werenski, Dahlin
    G - Vanacek, Merzlikins

You clearly have never even watched KHL hockey. I'm sorry that I'm embarrassing you when you're trying to make the Senators look better than what they are but sometimes you homers just need a dose of reality. Your team barely beat an AHL level team, I wouldn't be planning the parade based on that. And yes, the best KHL teams are better than the worst NHL teams. Anyone following both leagues closely could tell you that.

Giving up a low number of shots doesn't equal to being great defensively. They gave up high-quality scoring chances which happened because they played bad defensively. None of the goals were Condon's fault, they happened because of bad defensive plays. I don't know why they decided to change the goalie but I'm guessing it was just to wake up the team - and it worked, so I'm not questioning that move. But that goalie change should tell you they were playing bad defensively because they needed that wake-up call. I'm actually starting to wonder if you even watched the game or just checked the box score because your comments are just not lining up with reality at all.

Duchene was the best face-off guy in the league last season, I don't know how him being good at face-offs is such a surprise to you.
    The only person you?re embarrassing is yourself, you European homer. You are completely delusional and nobody should take anything you post seriously after that comment about the KHL. If the top KHL team was in NHL, they would be predicted to finish last every single year., I?ve never seen such a horrible comment in the many years I?ve followed Internet forums about hockey. That?s like saying the best Japanese baseball team would beat the worst MLB team in a series

calling Colorado AHL level is completely false and insulting. They still have good players even if theyre a bottom team. They would destroy every AHL team and yes they would be considered better than the best KHL team.

You somehow have the nerve to say I?m being a homer for saying the sens didn?t play bad defensively in game 2 (which is true, they limited Colorado all game long) and for saying Duchene wasn?t noticeable in game 1 but was very good in game 2 (also true ). I watched every minute of the play. I don?t know why you?re going off on a tangent about ?planning a parade? when I didn?t mention anytning about the team other than what they did on the weekend. You know you lost an argument when...

I?m not going to argue with you further because it?s a giant waste of time. You are clearly hopeless and biased. I still can?t get over your khl opinion...time for a dose of reality yourself, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by fraser94 View Post
    What has impressed me most about watching stone is his cool/collective approach at following the play. He's seemed to have elevated his hockey sense and can read the play much better. I don't think he's physically running at 120% right now; he's just more effectively using his energy! I've been extremely impressed with him.
    He?s always had one of the best hockey senses in the league though. Now he?s just more matured and more dominant in his play, and healthy. He wasn?t healthy in last years playoffs and that hurt the sens chances

Dobber Sports Wizard

The only person you?re embarrassing is yourself, you European homer. You are completely delusional and nobody should take anything you post seriously after that comment about the KHL. If the top KHL team was in NHL, they would be predicted to finish last every single year., I?ve never seen such a horrible comment in the many years I?ve followed Internet forums about hockey. That?s like saying the best Japanese baseball team would beat the worst MLB team in a series

calling Colorado AHL level is completely false and insulting. They still have good players even if theyre a bottom team. They would destroy every AHL team and yes they would be considered better than the best KHL team.

You somehow have the nerve to say I?m being a homer for saying the sens didn?t play bad defensively in game 2 (which is true, they limited Colorado all game long) and for saying Duchene wasn?t noticeable in game 1 but was very good in game 2 (also true ). I watched every minute of the play. I don?t know why you?re going off on a tangent about ?planning a parade? when I didn?t mention anytning about the team other than what they did on the weekend. You know you lost an argument when...

I?m not going to argue with you further because it?s a giant waste of time. You are clearly hopeless and biased. I still can?t get over your khl opinion...time for a dose of reality yourself, kid.
    You know when you've lost an argument? When you start calling the other guy "delusional" and saying stuff like "nobody should take anything you post seriously". This coming from a guy with Rep Power 0? LOL - I guess that means no one has ever agreed with you about anything you've posted? And yet somehow I'm the delusional one here?

It's always funny when someone acts like an expert when they have zero understanding of the topic they're talking about. If you had actually followed and watched both leagues, you might have some understanding about the situation. You also took one small thing I mentioned off-topic and started turning the conversation towards that so that people would forget how you're trying to fool them into believing the Senators were actually good during the Stockholm games. I guess you could get away with stuff like that since most people don't want to watch two boring teams like Sens and Avs but whatever - your comments were just so badly biased that I wanted to make sure people don't believe you. Mission accomplished.

Seriously, what's wrong with Ottawa fans? If reggiebarnes isn't Big Ev as he's claiming, then at least they're both similarly insane. I've always thought Toronto and Montreal had the craziest fans but it's starting to look like Ottawa earns that title.

Dobber Sports Expert

You know when you've lost an argument? When you start calling the other guy "delusional" and saying stuff like "nobody should take anything you post seriously". This coming from a guy with Rep Power 0? LOL - I guess that means no one has ever agreed with you about anything you've posted? And yet somehow I'm the delusional one here?

It's always funny when someone acts like an expert when they have zero understanding of the topic they're talking about. If you had actually followed and watched both leagues, you might have some understanding about the situation. You also took one small thing I mentioned off-topic and started turning the conversation towards that so that people would forget how you're trying to fool them into believing the Senators were actually good during the Stockholm games. I guess you could get away with stuff like that since most people don't want to watch two boring teams like Sens and Avs but whatever - your comments were just so badly biased that I wanted to make sure people don't believe you. Mission accomplished.

Seriously, what's wrong with Ottawa fans? If reggiebarnes isn't Big Ev as he's claiming, then at least they're both similarly insane. I've always thought Toronto and Montreal had the craziest fans but it's starting to look like Ottawa earns that title.
    Lol dont worry about Big Ev. He doesn't speak for the real & informed Sens fan, many of whom frequent this site, and give excellent unbiased advice/info.

I already proved I wasn?t somebody else before. I?m not sure why I?m being accused of this still.

You are delusional, you have no idea what you?re talking bout here. In what world would somebody say a team who goes 40-18 on the shot clock DIDNT have a good game?!?!

And the sens boring statement is a dumb one. I guess nobody would want to watch a top 5 offensive team in the league right now. I guess Swedes we?re bored to death watching two 4-3 games. You know what?s boring? Euro hockey.

Just stop talking , it?s really sad, and you?re really showing your lack of knowledge here. Stick to European hockey. Or don?t, because you think they can beat NHL teams...anyone who truly believes that is extremely biased and doesn?t understand the talent difference between KhL and NHL. I guess you have to defend the KHL now since a Finnish team is in it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    Lol dont worry about Big Ev. He doesn't speak for the real & informed Sens fan, many of whom frequent this site, and give excellent unbiased advice/info.
    Again I am not this person, I accused of this and proved I wasn?t.

Dobber Sports Titan

Clearly the guy didn't watch one game of the San Fran Giants last yr. Otani on the mount and hitting against the Giants could beat a Bumgardner-less Giants team.

Or the fact Japan has the most titles in the WBC (2 albeit), but have been 3rd in 2013, 2017, and have the most wins (23) out of any country. Japan loves baseball, and they would be a tough team to play against in the MLB because they are just so fundamentally strong it could be hard to play against. They having bunting in the All-Star games there, like they could just frustrate a bad MLB team for a game.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll