Page 206 of 244 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 216 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

I don't see it. It seems media and team driven, but I don't hear of fans wanting to get rid of Phaneuf (unless they wanted him gone previously).

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I don't see it. It seems media and team driven, but I don't hear of fans wanting to get rid of Phaneuf (unless they wanted him gone previously).
    The same media that thinks Karlsson is useless without Methot??? Say it ain't so.

Time will tell if GM Pierre Dorion thinks Methot is essential because there is nothing stopping them from acquiring him via trade with Vegas this week. That January 1st "no trading back" rule is only for players traded prior to the expansion draft. If the Sens want Methot, they can acquire him for Vegas' price. All those teams that paid Vegas not to take a player (without actually knowing if Vegas would take that player), just got hosed.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    I read Travis Yosts's article on TSN today suggesting a 3 way deal could see Phaneuf getting shipped out and Methot getting sent back. My question is...why all the talk about trading Phaneuf? They came within a goal of the Stanley Cup final. I know Phaneuf's price tag is heavy, but I don't see why they are so eager to send him out. I suppose if it means getting Methot back they might do it, but my concern is management contributing to an atmosphere where Phaneuf feels unwelcome and is blamed for doing something he had every right to do.

Yost opined that Edmonton may be a target for Phaneuf, though I don't know if they will want to take on his salary given that Draisatl and McJesus' contract negotations are right around the corner.

Perhaps it's pure speculation by Yost (which is fine), but I thought I'd ask you local fans what the buzz in the city is. Is everyone clamoring to get rid of Dion?
    It is Ottawa. There is never a buzz in the city. With Sens fans, you either get the ones that think they know more than and before Melnyk and Dorion combined or you have the fan that just goes to the games and doesn't say much.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    It is Ottawa. There is never a buzz in the city. With Sens fans, you either get the ones that think they know more than and before Melnyk and Dorion combined or you have the fan that just goes to the games and doesn't say much.
    Amen lol lol...

Why didn't Ottawa just protect Methot and lose Dzingel if they wanted to keep their top 4 intact (per Dorion)? Dzingel isn't that good. Yes, he's cheap and productive, but what's the focus here?

Betting on Phaneuf waiving his no-trade AND betting on LV not taking him is two bets... I'd have stuck with one bet: that Dzingel is easily replaced.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Genius

The choice wasn't between Dzingel and Methot. If it was that easy they would have gone your route. But remember they chose to go the 7-3-1 route for protected players.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Master

The choice wasn't between Dzingel and Methot. If it was that easy they would have gone your route. But remember they chose to go the 7-3-1 route for protected players.
    I thought I saw a scenario in the expansion draft that would have allowed them to keep Methot and lose Dzingel (or a forward like that...) How could Dorion try to keep the top 4 intact if he only protected 3 D? Then he had to bank on the two gambles I mentioned.. I don't know if I would have hitched my wagon to two big IFs like that...

Under the other scenario, protecting 4 D, would they have to have left Anderson unprotected?
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I thought I saw a scenario in the expansion draft that would have allowed them to keep Methot and lose Dzingel (or a forward like that...) How could Dorion try to keep the top 4 intact if he only protected 3 D? Then he had to bank on the two gambles I mentioned.. I don't know if I would have hitched my wagon to two big IFs like that...

Under the other scenario, protecting 4 D, would they have to have left Anderson unprotected?
    I am not one of the Sens fans that pretends they know what the Sens front office will do or would've done.

Anderson would've been protected in any scenario though. That is a Dorion quote.

The two protection scenarios were 8 skaters and one goalie (allowing the Sens to protect 4 or more D) or the 7-3-1 that they chose.

Any scenario you saw where they keep Methot, only to lose Dzingel was speculation and fantasy.

Anyway, Methot was just traded to Dallas.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Guru

The same media that thinks Karlsson is useless without Methot??? Say it ain't so.
    I don't see any media saying that. I see them saying Methot was a partner of Karlsson and EK may be upset by the trade. But nothing that suggests Karlsson is useless.

As for protecing Methot, if the Sens went 8-1 for keepers, they would have probably lost Brassard or Pageau, not Dzingel. The Sens with going with the 8-1 route would have probably protected Karlsson, Phaneuf, Ceci, Methot, Turris, Stone, Hoffman and then one of Brassard/Pageau. Whichever one was not protected would probably have been claimed.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Master

I am not one of the Sens fans that pretends they know what the Sens front office will do or would've done.

Anderson would've been protected in any scenario though. That is a Dorion quote.

The two protection scenarios were 8 skaters and one goalie (allowing the Sens to protect 4 or more D) or the 7-3-1 that they chose.

Any scenario you saw where they keep Methot, only to lose Dzingel was speculation and fantasy.

Anyway, Methot was just traded to Dallas.
    Right. I recall it being discussed on the radio.. The Dzingel tradeoff..

Based on this pre-expansion article I dug up, I would have favoured a scenario of protecting Hoffman, Brassard, Stone, Turrs and then Karlsson, Methot, Ceci, Phaneuf.. and Anderson as the one goalie..

https://www.silversevensens.com/2017...on-methot-sens

Despite playoff exploits, guys like Pageau and Smith are replaceable.. and so is Dzingel..

I guess what I'm saying is if Dorion really wanted to keep the top 4 together, he could have opted this route and not cared about losing Ryan and his huge cap hit or
    the recently emerged Dzingel.. or the popular Pageau. Seems like all talk to me..

Yeah, Methot traded and to a team that desperately needs help on D. So no trade back, likely...
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Genius

I feel...and I assume management feels - that with the current roster of signed players, the Sens have players who can offset the loss of Methot's game and his high salary with other players easier than the loss of one of the forwards you mention.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Master

I feel...and I assume management feels - that with the current roster of signed players, the Sens have players who can offset the loss of Methot's game and his high salary with other players easier than the loss of one of the forwards you mention.
    I think that was their plan B, yes. Harpur and Claesson to pick up where Methot left off.

It just seems dishonest for Dorion to say that he told Dion the objective in expansion was to try to keep the top 4D intact by asking Dion to waive his no move, which meant he could easily have been taken by Vegas if exposed and so the top 4 would not be intact.. If he really wanted it intact, he could have protected it, no move clause or not.

Meh, I mean, I guess.."what else is he gonna say" is the retort... and if you ask me, I'd prefer he said nothing..
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Jedi

On Monday, TSN hockey analyst Pierre LeBrun reported that the Golden Knights and Senators had been talking about a potential trade back to Ottawa.

In the end, Vegas GM George McPhee preferred to ship him to Dallas for 2017 seventh-rounder Dylan Ferguson and a second-round pick in 2020.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl...as-472887.html
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    On Monday, TSN hockey analyst Pierre LeBrun reported that the Golden Knights and Senators had been talking about a potential trade back to Ottawa.

In the end, Vegas GM George McPhee preferred to ship him to Dallas for 2017 seventh-rounder Dylan Ferguson and a second-round pick in 2020.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl...as-472887.html
    weird i thought notch said as soon as the sens lost methot to expansion they forgot about him

The Great One

Silly you.

Notch also said

Dobber Sports Genius

I am also one that doesn't believe the media...especially when it comes to Ottawa.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala