Page 195 of 244 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 205 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Booyah, Andy gets the start tonight against the crappy Sabres. Hope he finishes out the week before going on leave, they've got some favorable matchups this week.

Dobber Sports Padawan

For now it's Anderson who is saving them because their offense just sucks for the moment.

28th in Goals per game and 29th in PP %.
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Booyah, Andy gets the start tonight against the crappy Sabres. Hope he finishes out the week before going on leave, they've got some favorable matchups this week.
    3 goals on 14 shots by the "crappy Sabres"... I totally jinxed him

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JHouly View Post
    For now it's Anderson who is saving them because their offense just sucks for the moment.

28th in Goals per game and 29th in PP %.
    You hear of this thing called defence/team defence? Just having goal production being low doesn't mean the goalie is the one saving them. I honestly hate when people make that assumption. If the sens still had their coaching of last year their defence would be very poor and Anderson wouldn't have the same stats.

Anderson with a poor night tonight. I expect him to leave the team now.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Andy's gone until further notice. ****! I should've benched him when you gave me the heads up... started him anyway hoping he'd get 2/3 this week before leaving. What a bust.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Andy's gone until further notice. ****! I should've benched him when you gave me the heads up... started him anyway hoping he'd get 2/3 this week before leaving. What a bust.
    not your fault. We had no idea.

Banned

Condon starting tomorrow. Ryan out week to week probably with hand injury. Methot out tomorrow, Claesson in.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Imagine how good Sens top 6 would be if we had Silferberg and, with that #1 pick Murray foolishly gave away, one of Ehlers/Pastrnak/Fabbri/Nylander/Larkin and/or a Honka on D. How horrific will this panic trade look when Sens are paying anemic Ryan $7.5m in 2021-22?

If a Leaf or Hab GM made such a boneheaded move they'd be held to account, but in a small city like Ottawa Murray escaped proper scrutiny of that fiasco.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    Imagine how good Sens top 6 would be if we had Silferberg and, with that #1 pick Murray foolishly gave away, one of Ehlers/Pastrnak/Fabbri/Nylander/Larkin and/or a Honka on D. How horrific will this panic trade look when Sens are paying anemic Ryan $7.5m in 2021-22?

If a Leaf or Hab GM made such a boneheaded move they'd be held to account, but in a small city like Ottawa Murray escaped proper scrutiny of that fiasco.
    Sorry no we would not be better with silfverberg who is a career 40 point payer. You're the one being foolish. There's zero debate who is better for offense in a top six. Silfverberg is not close close to Ryan.

You make that Ryan trade any day of the week and if anyone criticizes his contract, just realize that the same people would have criticized the team for letting go a player because of money.They needed to sign him. It's unfortunate that's he's had injuries, so what, that's the nature of the business. Nobody criticized the Ryan trade because it was a great one to make.

Sorry but it's comical when I see posts like that and then see fans screaming that the team doesn't make any changes, is afraid to give up potential for proven, etc.

Banned

And they could not have selected nylander or ehlers so it's pointless to bring those guys up. Larkin looks like a one year wonder so far as well. Not a guy that would have a huge impact in this team right now. pastrnak wou,don't have been pciked either given he went so late.

Banned

Ugh sens why didn't you sign Ryan?! You're so cheap, typical budget team!

Four years later

Ugh sens why do we have Ryan! You can't have him for $7 million as a budget team!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Sorry no we would not be better with silfverberg who is a career 40 point payer. You're the one being foolish. There's zero debate who is better for offense in a top six. Silfverberg is not close close to Ryan.

You make that Ryan trade any day of the week and if anyone criticizes his contract, just realize that the same people would have criticized the team for letting go a player because of money.They needed to sign him. It's unfortunate that's he's had injuries, so what, that's the nature of the business. Nobody criticized the Ryan trade because it was a great one to make.

Sorry but it's comical when I see posts like that and then see fans screaming that the team doesn't make any changes, is afraid to give up potential for proven, etc.
    Great post. I agree with you 100% here! I also like Silfverberg, but the Sens needed a more offensively gifted player and Bobby Ryan is that.

Larkin looks like a one year wonder so far as well. Not a guy that would have a huge impact in this team right now.
    I disagree with you on this 100% Larkin is a world class skater who is suffering a sophomore slump. This guy has the necessary skill to have a big impact on his team, but he's got to figure it out and I'm confident he will at some point.

Ugh sens why didn't you sign Ryan?! You're so cheap, typical budget team!

Four years later

Ugh sens why do we have Ryan! You can't have him for $7 million as a budget team!
    +1!! Hilarious because you nailed this!!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Great post. I agree with you 100% here! I also like Silfverberg, but the Sens needed a more offensively gifted player and Bobby Ryan is that.

I disagree with you on this 100% Larkin is a world class skater who is suffering a sophomore slump. This guy has the necessary skill to have a big impact on his team, but he's got to figure it out and I'm confident he will at some point.

+1!! Hilarious because you nailed this!!
    I think larking will be a good player but he was far too overhyped last year. He only finished with 45 points and i saw people saying he had point per game upside. All I meant from my ocmment is that I don't think he would have a big impact on this teams top six at all. Not even sure he'd be in the top six, probably not. Plus we have a guy like him coming in Colin white.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think larking will be a good player but he was far too overhyped last year. He only finished with 45 points and i saw people saying he had point per game upside. All I meant from my ocmment is that I don't think he would have a big impact on this teams top six at all. Not even sure he'd be in the top six, probably not. Plus we have a guy like him coming in Colin white.
    Wow, not sure Larkin would be a top six player on the Sens? Turris, Brassard, Ryan, Stone, Hoffman and then?? Dzingel? Smith? Pyatt? Sorry, you're smoking something or you just don't watch much hockey outside of Ottawa games. I agree that point per game upside is a little much, but not by that much. I could see him hit 70 points in his future. Colin White is nothing except hype right now, he hasn't proven anything at the NHL level. So until he forces someone out, he's not in contention for a top 6 role in the NHL quite yet. I didn't really want to get into a pissing match with a Sens fan over how good Larkin is, so I'll leave it at that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Wow, not sure Larkin would be a top six player on the Sens? Turris, Brassard, Ryan, Stone, Hoffman and then?? Dzingel? Smith? Pyatt? Sorry, you're smoking something or you just don't watch much hockey outside of Ottawa games. I agree that point per game upside is a little much, but not by that much. I could see him hit 70 points in his future. Colin White is nothing except hype right now, he hasn't proven anything at the NHL level. So until he forces someone out, he's not in contention for a top 6 role in the NHL quite yet. I didn't really want to get into a pissing match with a Sens fan over how good Larkin is, so I'll leave it at that.
    He wouldn't be better than Dzingel right now, no. For future, sure. Plus he isn't a LW. I'm talking what he would bring right now. I've seen him enough and don't see 70 point upside at all. He's a two way player, not a super amount of skill. Don't see what people hyped. As usual, he's getting no talk this year after failing to meet expectations. Dzingel has the speed to match larkin and has some better skills such as vision and passing.

Larkin was overhyped mainly due to the red wing affect.