Page 188 of 244 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 198 238 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

I was at the game last night. Leafs goalies were terrible. If they could have made some saves, the game would have been closer.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Trading bishop was like if Matt Oconnor came up and showed some decent games and then they traded him for the same package. Bishop was the #3 goalie and had no future here and hadn't shown any great nhl upside. He isn't that good of a goalie. Wait until he is traded to see this.

- - - Updated - - -

Turris will be the #1 guy but it will be similar ice time to Brassard. They are both #1 centres in the League so it doesn't really matter.
    Bishop would be hands down #1 on Ottawa. When traded to Ottawa he was considered the #1 goalie in the AHL and considered NHL ready. He hasn't shown any flaws wherever he as played. Anderson > Bishop is a joke of a comment #badtrade

Brassard was a #2 C on NYR. He's a #2C on Ott. He is not and never will be a #1C. If he is a #1 C - that team will never win Cup.

Maybe you were too caught up in the score to notice how dynamite Marner was every time he stepped on the ice. Put him in a Sens uniform (considering how you value Brassard, MacArthur & Turris) and you'd be calling him the next Gretzky.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Bishop would be hands down #1 on Ottawa. When traded to Ottawa he was considered the #1 goalie in the AHL and considered NHL ready. He hasn't shown any flaws wherever he as played. Anderson > Bishop is a joke of a comment #badtrade

Brassard was a #2 C on NYR. He's a #2C on Ott. He is not and never will be a #1C. If he is a #1 C - that team will never win Cup.

Maybe you were too caught up in the score to notice how dynamite Marner was every time he stepped on the ice. Put him in a Sens uniform (considering how you value Brassard, MacArthur & Turris) and you'd be calling him the next Gretzky.
    I think Anderson is a better goalie fundamentally than Bishop. It's not a joke if you actually analyze the goalies and the situations they're in. It's my opinion. And you're wrong to suggest Bishop hasn't shown flaws. He most definitely has, and that's why he was traded from St. Louis. He had the size but not the tools at the time. I think he would be a lot worst on a team who gives up a lot of chances. Anyone who thinks the Sens were wrong to trade their #3 goalie is a stupid troll or a captain hindsight. Regardless of what they got in return. He just was not going to play here.

Brassard was a #2 but produces like a #1 C. This is just fact.

I'm not a big Marner fan. What he does in a preseason game against non NHLers doesn't impress me. He needs to show his worth in the NHL.

But really, way to reply a month later, troll. Why are you even here if you're a Leafs fan? Just click back and don't bother coming back. I'm not going to talk to people with no knowledge of the subject.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I was at the game last night. Leafs goalies were terrible. If they could have made some saves, the game would have been closer.
    Still sad that the Leafs "dominated" when dressing guys like Kadri, Gardiner, and Mitch "Gretzky" Marner and still lost 6-3

Dobber Sports Deity

I am no Leafs fan by any means, but Mitch Marner was the best player on the ice last night, hand-down. The kid was flying out there.

We all know that if goalies give up bad goals it can change the dynamic of a game; the same way it can when they make huge saves. I think that was the bad dynamic for the Leafs last night. Too many bad goals took the steam out of the Leafs.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Watched all of last nights game.
    -quick thoughts

-Chabot was polarizing but overall at least he was visible and looked to be making some noise out there.
    -Marner did look good. The fact that he is a leaf doesn't change that. He was shifty and created chances for his teammates.
    -Leafs goalies were brutal
    -Varone was lucky but also good last night. The puck seemed to follow him around.
    -Brown looked Ok. Good at times and completely invisible at other times.
    -Paul looked bad IMO. I wanted to see more after he had a very good rookie tournament.
    -Puempel to me looks unfortunately like a bust
    -Both Sens goalies looked good
    -Borowieki made some blunders. Big ones too.
    -Englund looked solid. Really solid.
    -Perron looked good

Agree or disagree? Just my two cents. One game means nothing but for most of these players they have to impress quickly to have a shot at significant roles this year.
    20 team keeper: 20 players. no farm.
    Goals=2 pts---Assists=1 pt-----DG=3-----Wins=3.5-----SO=4

G: Sorokin
    D: Bouchard....Letang....Heiskanen....Perunovich....F ox....Zellweger....Toews

F: Eichel....Caufield.......J Robertson......W Nylander.......Kucherov....Lundell
    Eklund.....W Johnston.....Marchenko......Stankoven.......Peterk a.....Holtz

2012 Third Place
    2013 Runner Up
    2014 Iron League Champion
    2015 Iron League Champion
    2016 Runner-Up
    2017 Third Place

2018 4th
    2019 18th-rebuild

2020 10th
    2021 8th
    2022 7th

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think Anderson is a better goalie fundamentally than Bishop. It's not a joke if you actually analyze the goalies and the situations they're in. It's my opinion. And you're wrong to suggest Bishop hasn't shown flaws. He most definitely has, and that's why he was traded from St. Louis. He had the size but not the tools at the time. I think he would be a lot worst on a team who gives up a lot of chances. Anyone who thinks the Sens were wrong to trade their #3 goalie is a stupid troll or a captain hindsight. Regardless of what they got in return. He just was not going to play here.

Brassard was a #2 but produces like a #1 C. This is just fact.

I'm not a big Marner fan. What he does in a preseason game against non NHLers doesn't impress me. He needs to show his worth in the NHL.

But really, way to reply a month later, troll. Why are you even here if you're a Leafs fan? Just click back and don't bother coming back. I'm not going to talk to people with no knowledge of the subject.

- - - Updated - - -

Still sad that the Leafs "dominated" when dressing guys like Kadri, Gardiner, and Mitch "Gretzky" Marner and still lost 6-3
    1st bold point 'Brassard produces like a 1st liner - FACT'?? Seriously?? 45,60,58 are his last three seasons point totals. Crosby, Seguin, McDavid, Sedin, Getzlaf, Kopitar, Bergeron, Stamkos, Tavares, Malkin, Toews, are #1C's. Brassard does not produce near those players. They are #1C's. Perhaps since Ottawa doesn't have one, your expectations have been lowered.

2nd bold point, a month later? I replied to your post made 9AM TODAY... So I'm not really sure what the hell you're talking about. I'm pretty sure Bishop > Anderson is a fair argument and not trolling. I replied to your comment on Marner - I didn't bring it up.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    tru, that might be saddest goaltending i have seen in a while, albeit preseason, but seriously Bibeau, c'mon, watch the rebounds u leave.Dint fdeel like a blowpout the score showed.

And Marner looked good.

Ottawa's in for an other crap year btw.
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

Dobber Sports Stud

The knock on Brass in NY was that he rarely made the effort to come back down low and back check. He was often first up the ice looking for the stretch pass or waited up high near the blueline for the outlet pass. On the flip side he buried more than a few of those offensive opportunities and was rather clutch in the post season scoring some huge goals. It was a 1A/1B situation with Stepan, but Brassard preference for scoring put more pressure on AV to deploy Stepan on the defensive side of things.
    Hopefully the home cooking and quality wingers will bury the chances that Brassard creates. If we only look at the numbers Turris are not true top line material either topping out at 64, yet I think few here would argue that he or Brassard do not have top line potential/talent. Not looking to stir the pot just to get a feeling for how Senators fans feel the two headed monster at pivot will work out for Ottawa.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tropheus_guy View Post
    tru, that might be saddest goaltending i have seen in a while, albeit preseason, but seriously Bibeau, c'mon, watch the rebounds u leave.Dint fdeel like a blowpout the score showed.

And Marner looked good.

Ottawa's in for an other crap year btw.
    Ottawa won't have a crappy year. Better coaching and upgrades at a few roster positions means they should be a playoff team no question. There's no reason a team should miss the playoffs if they finish top ten in scoring for the second year in a row. There's no reason to think they will be worse than last year. They are dynamite on offense, just need to shore up defence through coaching.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    The knock on Brass in NY was that he rarely made the effort to come back down low and back check. He was often first up the ice looking for the stretch pass or waited up high near the blueline for the outlet pass. On the flip side he buried more than a few of those offensive opportunities and was rather clutch in the post season scoring some huge goals. It was a 1A/1B situation with Stepan, but Brassard preference for scoring put more pressure on AV to deploy Stepan on the defensive side of things.
    Hopefully the home cooking and quality wingers will bury the chances that Brassard creates. If we only look at the numbers Turris are not true top line material either topping out at 64, yet I think few here would argue that he or Brassard do not have top line potential/talent. Not looking to stir the pot just to get a feeling for how Senators fans feel the two headed monster at pivot will work out for Ottawa.
    Brassard is fine defensively but that's what turris and stone line is for. we brought him in for his vision and playmaking and left hand shot. He's a big upgrade on zibanejad IMO and we will see him develop solid chemistry this year with Ryan. Both Turris and brassard wil have first line numbers this year IMO.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    1st bold point 'Brassard produces like a 1st liner - FACT'?? Seriously?? 45,60,58 are his last three seasons point totals. Crosby, Seguin, McDavid, Sedin, Getzlaf, Kopitar, Bergeron, Stamkos, Tavares, Malkin, Toews, are #1C's. Brassard does not produce near those players. They are #1C's. Perhaps since Ottawa doesn't have one, your expectations have been lowered.

2nd bold point, a month later? I replied to your post made 9AM TODAY... So I'm not really sure what the hell you're talking about. I'm pretty sure Bishop > Anderson is a fair argument and not trolling. I replied to your comment on Marner - I didn't bring it up.
    60 points is a 1st line centre no question. I didn't say he was at the level of those players. But do you realize Bergeron, who you mentioned, only put up 55 and 62 the previous two seasons before last? And sedin was on pace for less than 60 last year? So you'd be wrong in saying he doesn't produce near some of those guys.

Fact is Ottawa has two top 30 centres for offense, meaning they aphave two 1st line centres.

Brassard has the talent and vision and opportunity to have a big year. He started to show that tonight.

You replied to a post I made a month ago.

Dobber Sports Stud

Ottawa won't have a crappy year. Better coaching and upgrades at a few roster positions means they should be a playoff team no question. There's no reason a team should miss the playoffs if they finish top ten in scoring for the second year in a row. There's no reason to think they will be worse than last year. They are dynamite on offense, just need to shore up defence through coaching.

- - - Updated - - -

Brassard is fine defensively but that's what turris and stone line is for. we brought him in for his vision and playmaking and left hand shot. He's a big upgrade on zibanejad IMO and we will see him develop solid chemistry this year with Ryan. Both Turris and brassard wil have first line numbers this year IMO.
    WE brought him in. That is the Senators AND you I take it
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    WE brought him in. That is the Senators AND you I take it
    Uh ok

Dobber Sports Titan

Bishop for Corry Conacher was a bad trade.

BAD TRADE.

Bishop is a better goalie than Anderson. He uses his size now to his advantage, where before he was trying to play deep in his net and play to a “typical goalie size” style. Now he’s aggressive in his movements, he increased his lateral speed to make up for his aggressive play.

Fundamentally better is like saying a Mario Andretti driving a Fiat would beat me driving a GTR in a 1/4mile race if he was driving a GTR. Ok, but he’s not. So what if Bishop is “just a big goalie”? Dude stops pucks, and wins games. Bishops biggest knock is injuries, and it’s not like Anderson is the healthiest goalie on the planet.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Icon

Regardless of who is the number 1 centre or goalie and who is the defensive fwd..it's gonna be a looong season for us Sens fans.

I didn't see much if any improvement over last year's squad.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Jedi

60 points is a 1st line centre no question. I didn't say he was at the level of those players. But do you realize Bergeron, who you mentioned, only put up 55 and 62 the previous two seasons before last? And sedin was on pace for less than 60 last year? So you'd be wrong in saying he doesn't produce near some of those guys.

Fact is Ottawa has two top 30 centres for offense, meaning they aphave two 1st line centres.

Brassard has the talent and vision and opportunity to have a big year. He started to show that tonight.

You replied to a post I made a month ago.
    You're missing something very huge here... not surprising in the least with the Sens are the only great team blinders on. Patrice Bergeron has broken 70pts twice and gone over 60 6 times... Brassard??? Sedin may not have been on a 60pt pace last season, but he has scored 112, over 80 - 5 times and 70 8 times. Those are more elite numbers...

While Bergeron may not have the offensive stats as some of those others I listed, he's elite in every sense of the word hockey player. He and Toews play a 200ft game that Brassard would fall down from dizziness trying to understand. Numbers and play of #1C's

Brassard is not a top 30 C, That's a much bigger joke than when you said Turris was - he slips in closer to 27/28 - so I gave you that. Even if Brassard does score top 30 for C's (which he won't - he doesn't have the line mates to get to 60 Zack Smith?), enjoy #30.

I'd love to have seen your opinion on Brassard PRE-TRADE. Guaranteed you do not make the same statement about him being a top 30 C. Hell, Kadri and Matthews will out point him this year. Guess that'll mean Kadri's a top 30 C too eh? Kadri 58; Brassard 53 BOOK IT.

Big Ev... just stay down:

Last edited by lucafen4; September 28, 2016 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Had to add