Page 185 of 244 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 195 235 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

He's on Ottawa.....no rules apply to him only extremely biased ones.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    He will definitely get 50 points if he plays 80 games. He is 100% healthy now. 2nd liner on any team.

- - - Updated - - -

he was a 50 point UFA forward. He's worth that rate without question. He works hard, plays hard, has character and skill. He's not a bandaid boy for missing one year.
    Here's a good description of Clark Mac....
    Scouting Report
    Assets: Is capable of scoring goals in bunches. Has good offensive instincts and NHL wheels. Not very big, he can be a very industrious and gritty forward (he is tougher than he looks).
    Flaws: Injuries have been a huge issue with him, so a lack of size and strength are at the root of the problem. Lacks consistency and can still suffer from losing his focus.
    Career Potential: Sound veteran winger, when healthy.

He played 4 games last year, and 62 the year before that, and 40 with leafs before he went to Ottawa, sorry I guess he isnt a bandaid boy.
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

Most guys with "major concussions" come back fine if they aren't 35+ years old. Sidney Crosby was a "concern" as well. MacArthur is back and the concussions are a thing of the past for now. Just because he had concussions does not mean one hit to the head will cause another concussion. Personally the issue is way overblown.
    Is that your expert medical opinion?
    @SmittysRant

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Is that your expert medical opinion?
    In my medical opinion if you come back and play and have no symptoms, you have no reason to worry. Anyone can have a concussion at any time

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

In my medical opinion if you come back and play and have no symptoms, you have no reason to worry. Anyone can have a concussion at any time
    Those that have had them are more susceptible to having another one for up to a year, doctor. That's not my medical opinion that's fact.

Anyone can have a paper cut at anytime as well. A hockey player is considerably more likely to suffer one doing what he does than I am sitting at my computer on a daily basis doing what I do. No two concussions are the same nor will the recovery time be exactly identical for two different people. Don't think I am going out on a limb stating that.

Reading is fundamental and google is you friend instead of making these broad ranging statements of yours.

Dobber Sports Titan

Most guys with "major concussions" come back fine if they aren't 35+ years old. Sidney Crosby was a "concern" as well. MacArthur is back and the concussions are a thing of the past for now. Just because he had concussions does not mean one hit to the head will cause another concussion. Personally the issue is way overblown.
    Are you running the NHL or NFL?! Anything that is a concussion isn’t overblown.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Are you running the NHL or NFL?! Anything that is a concussion isn’t overblown.
    You're wrong. It is overblown in hockey. When is the last time we had a player retire due to concussions?

You're wrong. It is overblown in hockey. When is the last time we had a player retire due to concussions?
    Marc Savard would argue that it isn't overblown. And I can list more players who's careers were derailed or ended by concussions but IMO one is enough, more than enough.

Dobber Sports Titan

Kyperos, Primeau, Scott Stevens, Kariya, Pat LaFontaine, Lindros, pretty sure Clowe sighted concussions why he retired recently. Steve Moore broke his vertebrae from Bertuzzi, but it was concussions that made him retire.

Who knows how many players are affected right now from post concussions symptoms

Honestly, to say concussions are blown out of proportion is one of the more idiotic things I’ve heard on the subject.

I'd have to find it but there was a Lindros article a few years back that cited 90 players I believe and something like 12 or 13 per cent had missed time the previous season(I think this would have been 2012) due to concussions.

That's an astonishing number in my opinion but I'm guessing Big Ev only feels concussions are an issue for non Senators players. Senators players can just shake then off like they were nothing I guess.

Dobber Sports Guru

Here's a list of 13 players whose careers were cut short by concussions, including Mike Richter and Geoff Courtnall.

Jeremy Roenick says he had 13 concussions which is now affecting his memory and speech.

CBC reports 90 players were concussed in 2011-12.

So I wouldn't say it is overblown at all.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AngelicAssassin0 View Post
    I'd have to find it but there was a Lindros article a few years back that cited 90 players I believe and something like 12 or 13 per cent had missed time the previous season(I think this would have been 2012) due to concussions.

That's an astonishing number in my opinion but I'm guessing Big Ev only feels concussions are an issue for non Senators players. Senators players can just shake then off like they were nothing I guess.
    Why are you talking about Big Ev?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Kyperos, Primeau, Scott Stevens, Kariya, Pat LaFontaine, Lindros, pretty sure Clowe sighted concussions why he retired recently. Steve Moore broke his vertebrae from Bertuzzi, but it was concussions that made him retire.

Who knows how many players are affected right now from post concussions symptoms

Honestly, to say concussions are blown out of proportion is one of the more idiotic things I’ve heard on the subject.
    You just named guys from 10-15 years ago. The game has come a long, long way. It is overblown now for present day hockey.

Dobber Sports Titan

You just named guys from 10-15 years ago. The game has come a long, long way. It is overblown now for present day hockey.
    Paul Kariya last played 2009-2010, and from advice from his doctors (who wouldn’t clear him to play), sat out the 2010-11 season (with post-concussion symptoms) then retired.

2010 = 6yrs ago, not 10-15.

Dobber Sports Titan

Ryane Clowe retired sept 12, 2015 after team doctors refused to clear him to the ice following a concussion that happened on November 6th, 2014.

That was less than 2 yrs ago.