Page 183 of 244 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 193 233 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

GM Bryan Murray is finally stepping down from his role and becoming and advisor to the newly-promoted GM Pierre Dorion. This was slightly overdue but Dorion was doing much of the work for Bryan anyway and for quite some time.

Interested to see what moves are made now on-the-ice - as some tough decisions will need to be made.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Anyone else find it interesting that Colin Greening had 15 points in 30 games with the Leafs after being relegated to the AHL by the Sens? Was there a problem between him and the coach or was it more that management did not want to pay him more than $2.6M to play in the bottom six? I'm bitter because I dropped him in my deep, deep dynasty league and now I wish I hadn't!
    Without ever watching Leaf games, I would just guess that Greening received way more opportunity with the Leafs than the Sens. Greening had his chances with the Sens and never proved anything after his time with Spezza and in the playoffs years ago. It has been two years of him doing nothing with the little time he was given by the Sens. He has the tools and with the Leafs having no NHL talent to give time to, Greening was able to use his.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    some tough decisions will need to be made.
    Predictions? I like the Sens, but they are missing something. Not sure if Zib will ever be #1 C and losing Turris some people will say was the reason for their failure. I don't buy it. Goaltending is an issue but they need a #1 C badly.

Makes the argument for Karlsson being the leagues best that much stronger.

Ryan fell off the map. He doesn't have much value and I would imagine this would be the tough decision you're referring to - trade him for nothing or hope he comes around. He's a Good player, but should be so much better. He's not #1 RW whom he's paid to be.

Hope they turn it around... It's damn close. A lot closer than MTL is.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I don't know how effective Turris can be as a "1C". He has had long stretches of appearing to be a huge bargain and one of the most underpaid forwards in the league. He also has long stretches where he appears to do little, though to be fair in those instances there is usually some revelation of an long-standing injury.

Statistically, it seems the most obvious problem is defence. For several years, Ottawa has allowed more shots per game than most every other team. They seem to have good players - Methot is good, Phaneuf (despite the heat he takes) is also a high quality player. Ceci has the makings of a truly rare two-way talent, and Erik Karlsson is one of the best players of the last 20 years. The problem thus appears to be the system, though I won't pretend to have a prescription.

I agree that Bobby Ryan has not lived up to his contract. However most teams have a problem like that.

It can't be as simple as having a high-scoring 1C, because They had that in Spezza and it didn't appear to be enough.

I honestly can't say what changes are necessary, or whether more money from the owner to add players could be enough.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Banned

They need a Selke like two way C. TuRris will never be that.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    I don't know how effective Turris can be as a "1C". He has had long stretches of appearing to be a huge bargain and one of the most underpaid forwards in the league. He also has long stretches where he appears to do little, though to be fair in those instances there is usually some revelation of an long-standing injury.

Statistically, it seems the most obvious problem is defence. For several years, Ottawa has allowed more shots per game than most every other team. They seem to have good players - Methot is good, Phaneuf (despite the heat he takes) is also a high quality player. Ceci has the makings of a truly rare two-way talent, and Erik Karlsson is one of the best players of the last 20 years. The problem thus appears to be the system, though I won't pretend to have a prescription.

I agree that Bobby Ryan has not lived up to his contract. However most teams have a problem like that.

It can't be as simple as having a high-scoring 1C, because They had that in Spezza and it didn't appear to be enough.

I honestly can't say what changes are necessary, or whether more money from the owner to add players could be enough.
    Good post Achilles. I think Ottawa would be fine without a "true" #1C if they had someone as good as him as 2C. They aren't there yet, but they have some pretty darn good players to go along with Karlsson. I am curious to see what they do in the off-season.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Good post Achilles. I think Ottawa would be fine without a "true" #1C if they had someone as good as him as 2C. They aren't there yet, but they have some pretty darn good players to go along with Karlsson. I am curious to see what they do in the off-season.
    I still believe Zibanejad can be that person.

Anyone hear anything about whether acquiring Drouin may still be in the cards?
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Bra View Post
    Predictions? I like the Sens, but they are missing something. Not sure if Zib will ever be #1 C and losing Turris some people will say was the reason for their failure. I don't buy it. Goaltending is an issue but they need a #1 C badly.

Makes the argument for Karlsson being the leagues best that much stronger.

Ryan fell off the map. He doesn't have much value and I would imagine this would be the tough decision you're referring to - trade him for nothing or hope he comes around. He's a Good player, but should be so much better. He's not #1 RW whom he's paid to be.

Hope they turn it around... It's damn close. A lot closer than MTL is.
    I'm a little slow in responding, but what just happened yesterday is actually the first thing I wanted to happen in the firing of the entire coaching staff.

Zibanejad doesn't have to be the #1 C because the Sens have a star #1 C already in Turris.

Hoffman is a decision to be made yet and I hope they re-sign him.

Ryan has disappointed but that trade and contract needed to be made.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I saw most of the games, and it's fair to say that Greening was given a good opportunity since the trade. He was given a fair amount of PP time and got to play alongside Nylander, who was often quite effective out there. The nice thing about Greening is that, unlike many of Toronto's forwards, he has some size and I think that's why Babcock appeared to like him so much. He was thought to be a throw-in or salary dump, and maybe that's still true, but some think he could still be an effective player. Lindberg has looked good too.
    Early returns definitely favor the Leafs, especially considering the enormous cap hit (and length) they took off their books.
    I was puzzled by the trade. I like Dion for fantasy hockey, not so much as a player on my favorite team.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Zach Smith.

Any insights please? Is he a LW or is he a C? He's had as high as 600 FOW in recent years and seems to have plateaued at 300 or so last year.

If he has Centre potential I may be interested in him, but truth be told... I know nothing about him. I don't have room for another LW.

Thanks Sens followers.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Zach Smith.

Any insights please? Is he a LW or is he a C? He's had as high as 600 FOW in recent years and seems to have plateaued at 300 or so last year.

If he has Centre potential I may be interested in him, but truth be told... I know nothing about him. I don't have room for another LW.

Thanks Sens followers.
    To me he's still nothing more than a 4th line centre with some decent secondary scoring. Dave Cameron loved Smith and when they needed a LW with no MacArthur or Michalek, Cameron went with the guy who played his style of game. His point totals were then a byproduct of who he was playing with, including his time on the first PP unit.

I'm not really expecting much of him with Dorion and Boucher holding the reigns. Murray should've sold high on him at the deadline.
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin

Dobber Sports Novice

Definitely a sell high candidate. Though that window is passing quickly.
    Wanted: 28 elite poolsters for The ADL Project.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Great. Thanks guys. I would be the one buying him (in a VERY deep league). Think I'll pass. I really need help in the faceoff category. I can't get that if he's playing or even splitting time on the LW and I have no more room for LW's on my team.

Cheers fellas!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Great. Thanks guys. I would be the one buying him (in a VERY deep league). Think I'll pass. I really need help in the faceoff category. I can't get that if he's playing or even splitting time on the LW and I have no more room for LW's on my team.

Cheers fellas!
    I think he would be a good option as a depth C in a deep league, but the cost will certainly be too high right now for what he's worth. You can probably pick him up cheap for his FOW after a slow start to the season (or even before if he's slated to start on L4).

No way he beats out Pageau as 3rd line C.
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin

Dobber Sports Padawan

I am pretty nervous about Hoffman going to arbitration. I really hope we're not jerking him around again. That 1-year $2mil thing he got last time was a joke, and this time he can point to 2 seasons leading the team in goals. I mean, what is he asking for? Does he want out?
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko