Page 175 of 244 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 185 225 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

anyone have any news , insight on Shane Prince? has not played last 5 games , I believe he has to pass waivers to be sent down so I would think that is not an option , I don't know if it's a performance issue or no spot on roster for him but I cant see that it's good for his development if he continues to be a healthy scratch! Does it look like there's a trade to be made because im sure Prince is not happy on the sidelines , thanks for any responses.
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Padawan

great win tonight but i have to say this: The Sens have some great pieces and with a hot Anderson and maybe a key deadline trade they could do well in the playoffs. But that will never happen as long as Cowan is skating a regular shift. That clearing attempt that directly led to Kane's goal was idiotic, he had time to fire it down the middle of the ice and not risk that. But it's not just that play, the guy is an adventure every time he's on the ice, I'm actually surprised when he has the puck in any kind of traffic and it's not on an opponent's stick within 3-4 seconds. He's basically a klutz.

There are two things you can't teach -- intelligence, and hand-eye coordination.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Banned

Don't agree with that, he's just a whipping boy no matter what he does. Against philly he was their best Defenseman by a lot and IMO has been good the last two weeks. Nobody says a thing when he plays well. He is a bottom pairing type d who will have good games and some not so good games. Playoff and cup contenders always have guys like that, they don't have great d at every spot. Look at the Hawks last year, they had David ****ing rundblad playing. Their bottom d are not good. It's irrelevant how your bottom pairing d do p, every team has an average or poor bottom pairing.

I think the sens can upgrade on the second pairing but whehter they do well in the playoffs has nothing to do with Cowen IMO. I think if they play Wiercioch in the top four it will have a greater negative impact. I'd rather have Cowen over Wiercioch any day of the week.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby4Ever View Post
    anyone have any news , insight on Shane Prince? has not played last 5 games , I believe he has to pass waivers to be sent down so I would think that is not an option , I don't know if it's a performance issue or no spot on roster for him but I cant see that it's good for his development if he continues to be a healthy scratch! Does it look like there's a trade to be made because im sure Prince is not happy on the sidelines , thanks for any responses.
    Late response but I don't see anything in him to be more than a tweener. I'm not even sure he'd get claimed if he was sent down.

Dobber Sports Padawan

You sure are a loyal fan Ev.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    You sure are a loyal fan Ev.
    How so? I don't love every player. I just called out Wiercioch. I called Cowen a bottom pairing d who will have ups and downs. He's been ok yet will get shit on. I get it.

I li like that people complain about the bottom pair because if that's the thing people are complaining about then the sens really have nothing to worry about. Bottom pairing is irrelevant at the end of the day.

Dobber Sports Stud

Thoughts on Anderson playing so many games??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    Thoughts on Anderson playing so many games??
    don't mind it, I pegged him for 60 starts this year, but it looks like Hammond is back soon to give him some rest

The Great One

What is Ziba's potential in points only?

Dobber Sports Initiate

I missed the game last night, and it looks like I missed an incredible one. I sure hope Turris lucked out and escaped serious injury (no ligament tears). What I wanted to post about however is Erik effing Karlsson. People are talking about a Norris already, but I want to see him nominated for a Hart. There are not many players that are as valuable to their team as Player 65 is.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    I missed the game last night, and it looks like I missed an incredible one. I sure hope Turris lucked out and escaped serious injury (no ligament tears). What I wanted to post about however is Erik effing Karlsson. People are talking about a Norris already, but I want to see him nominated for a Hart. There are not many players that are as valuable to their team as Player 65 is.
    I couldn't agree more. I've owned him in my pools for the last four years and i've been waiting for a breakout like this. In previous years I'd watch him create SO many chances on a nightly basis but the McArthurs and Legwands of the world (Legwand in the spot Ryan has this year was such an abomination, that alone was reason enough for MacLean to be fired and to never get another head coaching job) would flub them. And meanwhile, his own occasional gaffes -- which are inevitable because he handles the puck so much, and is so magical with it he can afford the risk of hanging on to it rather than just dump it into a safe zone -- would get highlighted. Now he's playing at his best and he's got Ryan playing at his top gear, plus two emerging scoring studs in Hoffman and Stone, plus Turris (fingers crossed) has finally emerged as a legit #1 centre, Zibanijad hasn't arrived but obviously he's got a great shot and is someone who will benefit from EK's incredible passing and creativity...the fact that he was hitting the 70-point mark before all this started to jell always suggested to me he easily had a point-a-game or more season in him.

-- Boethius

Going to OTT/ANA game on March 26 for a buddy's birthday, my Karlsson jersey just came in the mail today!

Is there any sort of Ottawa Nightlife?
    We haven't booked a hotel yet, looking for suggestions on where to stay that is in close proximity to some bars/pubs!
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Veteran

Go to "The Senate" for pre-game. You can pay 5$ a person to take a school bus with other people from the bar to and from the game, drops you back off a The Senate which is right downtown in the market.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    We haven't booked a hotel yet, looking for suggestions on where to stay that is in close proximity to some bars/pubs!

Good luck going to and from the arena....Brutal considering proximity to bars/pubs/society.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Good luck going to and from the arena....Brutal considering proximity to bars/pubs/society.
    Like evans said it isn't hard, at all. Pretty quick drive. I do it every day.

He could even stay in kanata as there are many different bars and restaurants there