Page 174 of 244 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 184 224 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Looks like Wikstrand went home to be with his brother who has cancer

ouch, this could turn out to be a nasty little diversion

Hopefully the Sens do the right thing here
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Looks like Wikstrand went home to be with his brother who has cancer

ouch, this could turn out to be a nasty little diversion

Hopefully the Sens do the right thing here
    Here's more on that story:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/s...-sick-brother/
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Doing the right right thing would be still not letting him play anywhere but North America, unless it drags on for many more months and he actually meets with management. Wikstrand hasn't even talked to Murray or anyone else on the team - think about that. Why would they let him play without even talking to them about his situation, especially before he left. If he wants to play in Sweden then be a man and face your boss.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hoffman come back I need you.

Dobber Sports Padawan

While it was incredibly unprofessional and immature to just not tell a GM who has his own serious health issues about the brother thing, if that is in fact the real reason then I hope Murray changes his tone. And if the kid is going to stay in Sweden this year to be with a dying brother, but still wants to play hockey, i don't see how it would help his development to play in a beer league all season. Maybe there's a reasonable compromise here. If i were Murray i'd try to talk to the kid's parents, since clearly the agent is in the dark.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    While it was incredibly unprofessional and immature to just not tell a GM who has his own serious health issues about the brother thing, if that is in fact the real reason then I hope Murray changes his tone. And if the kid is going to stay in Sweden this year to be with a dying brother, but still wants to play hockey, i don't see how it would help his development to play in a beer league all season. Maybe there's a reasonable compromise here. If i were Murray i'd try to talk to the kid's parents, since clearly the agent is in the dark.
    Wisktrand said his brother is doing OK so it doesn't sound like he's on the verge of dying. I am fully on board with Ottawa wanting to play in Binghamton and nowhere else right now. Everyone is affected by cancer but Wikstrand has a job to do.

If Murray decides diffrerently after talking with Wikstrand one-on-one, something Wikstrand is afraid to do, then maybe he will let him stay.

Nobody would understand the situation better than Murray, even if it had nothing to do with cancer. He's a GM who goes above and beyond trying to make his players feel comfortable and happy.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yeah, it sounds more like the kid is homesick and maybe isn't a good fit with NA life and perhaps hockey dressing-room culture. I once played catch with a small-town guy in his 40s who had five pitches and hurt my hand with his fastball. He was recruited by an MLB team, went to the low minors, and just got homesick and left. I also met a taxi driver in Croatia who was about 6-9, he got NCAA scholarship but returned home in October, was too much of a culture shock though he deeply regretted that decision. Who the hell knows. We see incredibly well-spoken athletes at age 18-19, like mcdavid and crosby, and assume they are all that mature. But they're kids.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Genius

Wilkstrand has been in contact with Murray so...
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Wilkstrand has been in contact with Murray so...
    maybe this just happened but as of yesterday he was not.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I am fully on board with Ottawa wanting to _____________________________
    Fill in the blank. And the statement is true.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Fill in the blank. And the statement is true.
    enough with the fluff

Banned

A goal against once again caused by a Gallagher dive. It's unbelievable how soft the Canadiens are.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Wow, nice goal by Bobby Ryan to tie up the game at 3's with Detroit!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Padawan

very nice rebound to get a point, shame they can't seem to figure out this 3 on 3 like some teams can. very disorganized. vs rangers someone, i think hoffman, tried to beat a couple of guys one on one in a crowd, of course gave up puck. no need for that kind of gamble.

-- Boethius

Dobber Sports Stud

Leukemia is no fricking joke. Its often cancer of the bone marrow, side effects include a propensity for infection. There are basically 2 kinds of cancer, the first gets its roots into you and takes your life, the second makes you weak so that opportunistic diseases such as Influenza or Pneumonia kills you. Those who have never experienced a family member with the 2nd kind of cancer do not understand the situation, thank goodness they haven`t because it really is a punch to the gut. You are sucking wind, yet its your loved one that is facing the grim reaper and you HAVE TO BE THERE for them. Or I suppose you could bail ... I don` t know about the rest of you but when my mom got the prognosis for cancer I was there for her. Went to the appointments, called the doctor, did the paperwork. Later I moved to Japan but called her 2 or 3 times a week, just to touch base.

So if you have Leukemia, are in the hospital for treatment which is a petri dish of disease the chances to catch some nasty Pneumonia are significantly increased. I can`t speak for Wikstrand but if its my brother then the Sens can get bent, screw the money too. Then again I would have said something to the team, the manager the GM but I don`t understand the Gary Cooper type to begin with.

The kid is far from home with a sick brother so he bails on the team. They do the right thing and tell him he is suspended only to discover its about cancer.

This is a learning opportunity, for Wikstrand, the team and the NHL. Get on the fricking ball guys ! They have cancer awareness yet the team and the player turn this in a circus. Its sad and shameful for everyone involved.

now back to your sens talk /cancerrant
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.