Page 154 of 244 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 164 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    If they want more than a 3rd, I think he will stay with the Sens.

I do think someone on that blueline will be moved. No idea if it will be Wiercioch, Phillips, Gryba or Cowen. I'd have to assume it won't be Karlsson, Methot, Ceci or Borowiecki. I hesitated putting Cowen in the tradeable group because I know as of this previous offseason, he was as close to untouchable as they come.
    I think you're right again. I do think they move a D. Still doubt it's Cowen as he's still kind of the Sens poster boy...high draft pick. Phillips....a little long in the tooth and not sure Gryba brings a whole lot back. It will be interesting to see where this goes.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Any idea why Prince was sent down after 2 games? I didn't get to see the first game but he got a point, and only played 8mins in the 2nd game? Was he that bad? Seems almost rude to send him down after that short of a stay imo.. especially concerning since he's already asked for a trade in the past which has seems to have been overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Yes. Because they got amazing goaltending this year and still didn't make it. As the team improves they won't need to rely on goaltending as much. You could see the game and confidence building as Lehner got more and more consecutive starts.
    Also to comment on the Lehner playoff run.. there's no way I'd feel comfortable with Lehner in the net for a playoff run right now.. there's been waaay too many soft goals. Love Lehner's personality and I think he's got all the skills to be an elite goalie in a few years but he's looked very shaky up until the point of his injury. He might be one of those guys who could raise it to another level for playoffs tho so you never know..but to say the Sens have had amazing goaltending this season doesn't seem accurate.
    10-team - 1yr, h2h Yahoo! - 2 Waiver pickups/week
    G,A,+/-,Hits,PPP,SOG,W,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily starts: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2 UTIL, 2G, 6BE

C: B.Richards, Grabovski, MacKinnon, Kesler
    LW: Vanek(RW), Pacioretty,
    RW: Ovechkin, Iginla, Wheeler, Okposo, Neil
    D: Letang, Green, Phaneuf
    G: Crawford, Price, Pavelec
    IR: R. Nash

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spanyon View Post
    Any idea why Prince was sent down after 2 games? I didn't get to see the first game but he got a point, and only played 8mins in the 2nd game? Was he that bad? Seems almost rude to send him down after that short of a stay imo.. especially concerning since he's already asked for a trade in the past which has seems to have been overlooked.

Also to comment on the Lehner playoff run.. there's no way I'd feel comfortable with Lehner in the net for a playoff run right now.. there's been waaay too many soft goals. Love Lehner's personality and I think he's got all the skills to be an elite goalie in a few years but he's looked very shaky up until the point of his injury. He might be one of those guys who could raise it to another level for playoffs tho so you never know..but to say the Sens have had amazing goaltending this season doesn't seem accurate.
    I'm sure they told Prince he'd only be here for a game or two. He was good, just like pageau when he was sent down last week. I think they just wanted to look at Puempel and Prince and maybe another guy soon before the trade deadline to see where they're at if any trades materialized, and also because you only get so many call ups to use after the deadline.

I abree about a playoff run with lehner but we gotta make that first before talking about that lol. I'd say anderson's had an amazing year, no?

Dobber Sports Expert

So....Cowen.......suspend or not? Only 2 minutes on the play, but he is a repeat offender for head shots.

If he gets a couple of games, at least it keeps Wiercioch in the lineup.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Banned

I don't see why he would be suspended for a non head shot but who knows anymore

Banned

Sens are now only one of two non playoff teams with a positiv goal differential. Just goes to show this team is much better than year record indicates and they lose a lot of one goal games because of inexperience and underdeveloped offense.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sens are now only one of two non playoff teams with a positiv goal differential. Just goes to show this team is much better than year record indicates and they lose a lot of one goal games because of inexperience and underdeveloped offense.
    ...and maybe some inconsistent goaltending? Just yanking your chain a little Ev. I really like what I've seen lately from the team. They've at least got a shot and they really could use a healthy Anderson over the final stretch.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    ...and maybe some inconsistent goaltending? Just yanking your chain a little Ev. I really like what I've seen lately from the team. They've at least got a shot and they really could use a healthy Anderson over the final stretch.
    Yeah i don't think they'll make it regardless of who is in net but Sens fans shouldn't feel down about this season. Ryan and Karlssn have been beasts for the last three months or so, we've got rookies in Stone and Hoffman who have been excellent, especially stone in all zones. Zibanejad has shown nice progression after a slow start and Turris and Michalek have shown good chemistry lately...Turris has improved as the seasom has gone on, being the top line centre. Pageau and Lazar have been really good as a high energy fourth line. They've re-signed every single guy that was going to be a UFA this summer even though some people were negative and thought Melnyk wouldn't spend. If we could finish strong then grab a guy like Konecny or Barzal at the draft then i would be pleased. Sens are on the right path for sure.

if somehow they did make the playoffs and faced Momtreal in the first round, then watch out....

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Methot will carry these guys to the playoffs!

Dobber Sports Expert

A lot of leapfrogging to do still to make the playoffs, but man, if they keep playing this way, and Anderson comes back strong....who knows?

Dobber Sports Expert

3 games...

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 54m54 minutes ago

Cowen gets three games http://blogs.canoe.ca/offtheposts/ho...aOwAVM.twitter

Dobber Sports Expert

I thinks most Sens fans are shocked too:

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 2h2 hours ago
    Cowen said his track record as a repeat offender hurt his cause. Is mystified by the 3-game suspension though. #Sens

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yeah they're really not impressed when a guy gets bowled over and has to leave the game. What the heck are you talking about? i tnink the players realize that lehner is a ****ing young guy with great potential, that's what they feel. He played well most of the time anderson was injured, but the team can't score that many goals given their youth and inexperienced. The people who give up on Lehner are the same people who complain about the Bishop trade. Yeah, bishop, the older goalie with a short shelf life stinking it up in Florida. I really wish we kept him.
    [/I]
    What's going on with Hammond sort of underscores what I'm talking about. Lehner has temper tantrums, shows up his teammates, talks to media about his teammates not playing the system, lets everyone know he thinks he should be #1 and not Anderson, AND lets in bad goals to start key games. It must be both deflating and maddening to have to play in front of this kid, and i think having a mature, unflappable 27-yr-old who doesn't let in softies and makes the key saves, come out of nowhere to help the team knock on the door to the playoffs lifts everyone's spirits. If you read between the lines of Methot's quote after last night's game, you could easily read it as a comment about what a relief it is to not play in front of someone so obviously immature.
    [I]“I love it,” said veteran defenceman Marc Methot. “You love playing for a guy like that. I mean, he just seems to be in the right place all the time, and he’s making huge saves for us.

“He battles, he fights every puck. As a defenceman, it gives you a little confidence and makes you want to work that much harder for him.

As goalies go, Hammond is unusually quiet in the crease, a trait that seems to further endear him to his teammates.

“It’s kind of cool like that,” Methot says. “He does his thing, the odd time he says something and when he does you listen, because it’s not like he’s yelling and screaming back there. He’s a calm guy and we feed off that. It kind of relaxes us.”

I wouldn't give up on the kid, he's a decent prospect, but what he really needs is a full season in the AHL, figuring out how to fix his flaws, learn to lose this sense of entitlement he has (the obvious sulking over not being #1 when Anderson, a classy and more talented vet, is in the same room, is kind of remarkable though i admire Lehner's balls i guess).
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Padawan

Difference between Sens this year and esp since McLean fired, vs last year, is night and day, esp getting puck out of their own end. And I can't remember last time they played as well as they have last few games. Incredible to watch. Coach deserves a ton of credit. If Karlsson had been playing like this all year he'd be a Norris favourite.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    Difference between Sens this year and esp since McLean fired, vs last year, is night and day, esp getting puck out of their own end. And I can't remember last time they played as well as they have last few games. Incredible to watch. Coach deserves a ton of credit. If Karlsson had been playing like this all year he'd be a Norris favourite.
    Agree with you here. People were skeptical of hiring menlyks guy to be the coach, but he has come in and played the best players, comes to the ice to work, doesn't try to put on a show in the media, just wants his team to play hard and win and let the young guy guys develop. One guy who has really thrived under him is zibanejad. I believe murray when she says he can be a number one c soon in the league.

this team even when it loses is always in the game. Can't even remember the last time we were blown out.