Page 146 of 244 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 156 196 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Banned

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

They are building to be a Cup contender- how do you not see that? Nothing comes overnight. There is nothing they could do that would magically make them a Cup contender right now, even adding a defenseman. They were banking on Cowen or Wiercioch to solidify the Top 4 but both have struggled so far. If they are within a few points of a playoff spot they're not going to trade a guy like Legwand. No chance, not happening.

We are definitely a playoff contender. The goaltending has been great but I don't see them stealing games this year. We're playing much better than last year already. Shot totals are pretty misleading so far. Only last night was a game where I'd say the other team was in control for the majority of the game. We keep shots to the outside. I think there were only a couple of great chances for the Hawks last night.

Our two regulation losses have come against the West. Continue beating the East and we'll be fine. We're 5-2-1 without one of our Top 4/Top 2 defensemen, our "second line centre" struggling hard, and Bobby Ryan/Kyle Turris/MacArthur not yet scoring like they can.

Our team is working way harder, forecheck is a lot better, every forward for the most part is responsible at both ends of the rink, goaltending is good. Lots of positives right now.

You can rest assured their goal is to win a Cup every year. But you have to be realistic, and their first goal is to make the playoffs. If they make the playoffs this season is a win. If they don't, no big deal.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Ev, I must admit that I don't see why you say Z is "struggling hard". You've mentioned that a few times now and though I haven't seen every game, he looks like he's playing pretty fierce to me. He's got his speed, but the bounces haven't been there. When he was playing with Ryan and Chiasson, he looked like the best part of that line. Ryan has since woken up, and I know that Z has put up a big zero thus far, but I haven't seen anything in his game that concerns me.

What are you seeing?
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Banned

He's very slow (noticeably worse than normal), not handling the puck, losing a lot of battles. The effort isn't there but I think that's more due to his lack of speed. I like him and think he hasn't been TERRIBLE but he's really struggling and IMO will be scratched very soon if he doesn't show some more improvement game by game. I think he's just a slow starter and put on too much weight in the off-season. He was better against Chicago and looks to be getting his legs back. Given he doesn't have the high hockey sense anyway, he needs to have his skating/physical game (which is fine right now)/shot to do well.

That's another thing he isn't doing right now - shooting the puck. Needs to shoot a lot more as he has a good one. He has exactly 1 shot per game so far. When he's on he's shooting a lot more. I honestly would like to see him on wing for a bit so he can shoot the puck more.

Chiasson is easily better than him right now and it's not really close. They don't play the same positions so it doesn't matter.

Other than faceoffs I have no problem saying he's been the worst forward who hasn't been scratched so far. That will change. Or else he could see Bingo time but I doubt it.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Actually, you're missing the point because you are assuming Legwand is great. It's far from his first gaffe at key moment, and he was terrible with Wings last year when chips were down, but my point was that in salary cap era it's zero-sum game, so I'd rather use salary of Legwand and especially Phillips, who was awful again Monday, for a top 4 D if one were available. A shame they didn't value Da Costa, who was fantastic during 2nd call-up last year though no one seemed to notice. Created chances every tine he was on ice. I agree Zibanijad appears overrated and miscast as a 2nd line centre at this point in his career.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post

Other than faceoffs I have no problem saying he's been the worst forward who hasn't been scratched so far. That will change. Or else he could see Bingo time but I doubt it.
    The next game I get to watch, I am going to pay closer attention to see what you're talking about. I have such high hopes for him. That one-timer is just crazy...I love seeing him on the top PP. I mentioned in another thread that he reminds me of Kesler...I am still of the view that we are going to be solid up the middle for a long time.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    They are building to be a Cup contender- how do you not see that? Nothing comes overnight. There is nothing they could do that would magically make them a Cup contender right now, even adding a defenseman. They were banking on Cowen or Wiercioch to solidify the Top 4 but both have struggled so far. If they are within a few points of a playoff spot they're not going to trade a guy like Legwand. No chance, not happening.

We are definitely a playoff contender. The goaltending has been great but I don't see them stealing games this year. We're playing much better than last year already. Shot totals are pretty misleading so far. Only last night was a game where I'd say the other team was in control for the majority of the game. We keep shots to the outside. I think there were only a couple of great chances for the Hawks last night.

Our two regulation losses have come against the West. Continue beating the East and we'll be fine. We're 5-2-1 without one of our Top 4/Top 2 defencemen, our "second line centre" struggling hard, and Bobby Ryan/Kyle Turris/MacArthur not yet scoring like they can.

Our team is working way harder, forecheck is a lot better, every forward for the most part is responsible at both ends of the rink, goaltending is good. Lots of positives right now.

You can rest assured their goal is to win a Cup every year. But you have to be realistic, and their first goal is to make the playoffs. If they make the playoffs this season is a win. If they don't, no big deal.
    Well let me ask you this.. What is the bigger asset for the Senators in trying to build a SC contender, a 2nd round pick in a deep draft that likely lands 1st round talent in an average draft? Or a 34 old C who is declining and will be gone by the time the Senators are a contender anyways? I really don't understand why you are so high on Legwand when he really hasn't done anything this season to warrant it besides being a "veteran".

The Sens definitely have the right pieces to be a SC contender but they will need a lot more help. They have a legit 1st line, #1 Dman (imo best Dman in the NHL) and 2 above average G. If we take a combination of those 3 things around the NHL the only teams I would say are better than Ottawa are LA, Chicago, Montreal, Boston, and Tampa Bay.

The part where Ottawa gets killed is on the backend. Look at all the contending teams and their defence is just so much better. I mean we saw on Sunday how great Chicago's D was at moving the puck. Whenever Ottawa had the puck and sent it down the ice it seemed Chicago was able to break out of the zone easily and get a scoring chance at the other end of the ice. And while Ottawa has some youth on the back end I only see 3 Dman that turn into top 4 pairing material and one of them is hurt and might not even be back next season. Cowen hasn't looked like a top 6 dman in over 2 years and Wiercioch has never looked better than a 5/6 pairing guy who can give you decent PP min.

I think you need two more top 4 dmen to have a realistic chance at winning the SC. Do Wirecioch and Cowen look like they are going to become that? Gryba and Boro aren't top 6 dmen on contending teams. Its really hard to fine good defenceman in the NHL so thats why I think the Front Office needs to collect as many assets as they can so if one becomes available they can use their assets to trade for one.
    20 Team Keeper (H2H, Keep 15)
    Roster: 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 3 F, 5 D, 2 G, 4 BN, 3IR
    Catg: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Sh%, H, Blk, W, GAA, Sv%, Saves, SO

C: Craig Smith, Brock Nelson
    LW: Benn, Ryan, Andrew Ladd, Tanguay
    RW: Vanek, Saad, Hemsky, Mark Stone
    D:Yandle, Gardiner, Goligoski, Kulikov, Girardi, Daley
    G: Scneider, Anderson, Svedberg

Dobber Sports Padawan

The Hemsky non-signing, and I'm not sure the offer was serious, is starting to look as brilliant/lucky as the Clarkson thing. As a Sens fan I'm relieved. Just wish in our draft i hadn't fallen for the Spezza-chemistry/Dallas as offensive juggernaut narrative.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Genius

Haha. Yup, many a fan wanted the Sens to steer clear of Spezza and Hemsky. On top of that, I wanted and figured Michalek would be gone too. Meat Loaf once told me 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    The Hemsky non-signing, and I'm not sure the offer was serious, is starting to look as brilliant/lucky as the Clarkson thing. As a Sens fan I'm relieved. Just wish in our draft i hadn't fallen for the Spezza-chemistry/Dallas as offensive juggernaut narrative.
    I think Hemsky will come around. Right now he isn't playing with Spezza which kills his value. I picked him in my draft too thinking he would get around 60 points. For similar money I would take him over Michalek 100 times. That signing still baffles me. Not even taking contract into consideration I would have him as the 8th best forward on the team right now. Seems like just a body at this point.

Dobber Sports Genius

SIDE NOTE: Nick Paul got another hat trick today. 14 games into his season with North Bay…13 goals.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Genius

And staying with the prospects in the Sens system:

http://theahl.com/wideman-named-ccm-...e-week-p194531

He should see some NHL games this season.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Ace

It's not Karlsson. It's the sens. If he had even one star player to play with he'd look much better than he does. The team is basically him, a handful of serviceable NHLers and a bunch of plugs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    It's not Karlsson. It's the sens. If he had even one star player to play with he'd look much better than he does. The team is basically him, a handful of serviceable NHLers and a bunch of plugs.
    are you kidding me with this comment? So the guy they just gave 7 million to is not a star?

Banned

and another crap performance by karlsson.

whoop whoop he scored a goal on the powerplay let's give him the norris

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    and another crap performance by karlsson.

whoop whoop he scored a goal on the powerplay let's give him the norris
    Cut the guy some slack. He is one of the best players in the NHL and its tough playing 27 min a night when your defence partner is Chirs Phillips's corpse. I never understand why Ottawa has this weird fascination with calling out their best players. The reason the Sens won't do well is the playes around Karlsson, not Karlsson himslef...