Page 145 of 244 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 155 195 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Well looks like Ryan is back on that top line lol. As soon as he was moved up, that line seemed to dominate. I like what Maclean did by putting Wiercioch with Karlsson and moving Hoffman up to the 2nd line at the end. Legwand still looks slow out there and his decisions with the puck have been pretty terrible. Hopefully he cleans it up or he is going to fall further down the depth chart.
    20 Team Keeper (H2H, Keep 15)
    Roster: 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 3 F, 5 D, 2 G, 4 BN, 3IR
    Catg: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Sh%, H, Blk, W, GAA, Sv%, Saves, SO

C: Craig Smith, Brock Nelson
    LW: Benn, Ryan, Andrew Ladd, Tanguay
    RW: Vanek, Saad, Hemsky, Mark Stone
    D:Yandle, Gardiner, Goligoski, Kulikov, Girardi, Daley
    G: Scneider, Anderson, Svedberg

Banned

Can we remove troll posts here please?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan15 View Post
    Well looks like Ryan is back on that top line lol. As soon as he was moved up, that line seemed to dominate. I like what Maclean did by putting Wiercioch with Karlsson and moving Hoffman up to the 2nd line at the end. Legwand still looks slow out there and his decisions with the puck have been pretty terrible. Hopefully he cleans it up or he is going to fall further down the depth chart.
    i don't think he was moved up, I think zibanejad was moved down. Legwand won't far down the depth chart given zibbys play and smiths struggles as of late. He will be used in all the defensive situations like the PK. He had 18 minutes tonight.

Ryan should be kept with the two going forward. The rest, do whatever game by game.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Who on this board recently said Legwand a good signing because we need veteran presence? Like, say, in overtime while killing a penalty, last thing you want is a kid up there trying to do something fancy rather than just dump the puck, because it might end up on the stick of one of the greatest goal-scorers of all time. Unbelievable.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    Who on this board recently said Legwand a good signing because we need veteran presence? Like, say, in overtime while killing a penalty, last thing you want is a kid up there trying to do something fancy rather than just dump the puck, because it might end up on the stick of one of the greatest goal-scorers of all time. Unbelievable.
    I did along with most other knowledgable fans and hockey people, and he was a great signing. One poor play at the end of an OT game doesn't change that. Don't be that reactionary type fan. Legwand has come in as advertised. He's our second best centre at the moment. Karlsson had a brutal turnover that led to a goal, you gonna roast him too? Didn't think so.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Karlsson had a brutal turnover that led to a goal, you gonna roast him too? Didn't think so.
    That is of course absurd, Karlsson a constant offensive force, ergo defensive gaffes far more forgivable. If you are going to begin your reply with an assertion that you are among the knowledgable, don't discredit yourself in the same breath.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    That is of course absurd, Karlsson a constant offensive force, ergo defensive gaffes far more forgivable. If you are going to begin your reply with an assertion that you are among the knowledgable, don't discredit yourself in the same breath.
    You missed the whole point buddy. You don't bitch about a bad play from a guy who has been solid and who has proven to be a top 6 NHL centre. If you honestly think a young kid from Bingo would be better than Legwnand I don't know what to tell you. We already have a young kid in the lineup who was supposed to be our second line centre, yet he is playing worse than Legwand easily.

how long have you been following the Sens? just curious.

Dobber Sports Genius

The fathers are along for the ride again on this road trip and that typically means success for Ottawa. It's a tough trip but I expect some positive results and disagree with the latest article that Ottawa is a team to stay away from fantasy-wise this week.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Genius

Ryan should be there to stay on the top line I would guess. Might not work as well on this upcoming road trip, with the home team getting last change, but we will see what MacLean decides. I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps the offence spread out on the road. That "stacked" line definitely should be used on home ice though - in my opinion.

I also like the Wiercioch and Karlsson pairing as it makes better tandems with the bottom 4 D.

Legwand's mind made the right play in OT, his body didn't. Legwand has been fine all year in my opinion.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Genius

Lineups aren't out yet for tonights game, but I expect Greening will be inserted back into the lineup for at least a showcase to Chicago (a team that has been rumoured to want him in the past).
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think inserting Cowen for Phillips wouldn't be a bad idea as would putting Condra in the lineup. 2nd half of a b2b will be tough and with Phillips playing well over 20 min last night he could use the rest. Apparently Murray has received offers for Cowen, they must be bad offers because the team would be smart to move him while he still has value.

As for Legwand hes been a capable bottom 6 Centre but I am not a fan of him on the PP. He seems to know what decisions to make but has been bad at executing. Far too many giveaways from being weak on the puck. I think this is a matter of age catching up and we are probably never going to see him be the 40 point player he once was. Hopefully they can deal hi mat the deadline and get a draft pick in this stacked draft class.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I could really use a big time game from both Karlsson and Anderson today.

Dobber Sports Genius

I think inserting Cowen for Phillips wouldn't be a bad idea as would putting Condra in the lineup. 2nd half of a b2b will be tough and with Phillips playing well over 20 min last night he could use the rest. Apparently Murray has received offers for Cowen, they must be bad offers because the team would be smart to move him while he still has value.

As for Legwand hes been a capable bottom 6 Centre but I am not a fan of him on the PP. He seems to know what decisions to make but has been bad at executing. Far too many giveaways from being weak on the puck. I think this is a matter of age catching up and we are probably never going to see him be the 40 point player he once was. Hopefully they can deal hi mat the deadline and get a draft pick in this stacked draft class.
    I don't see Phillips coming out for any reason other than a known injury.

Cowen has value to the Sens now and in the future in my opinion. Teams will have to overpay for him as management loves him, again, in my opinion.

We need Legwand. What is with people thinking we can ice a lineup of draft picks and 20 year olds? The Sens should be in a playoff race at the deadline so I can't see him going anywhere.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Banned

Given the fact that they will be in a playoff race they won't be trading any veteran or any non scrub AHl type player for a draft pick. And anything past a first is the same as any other draft no matter what people want to tell you. Legwand was great on the pp just last season, and he's been pretty decent on it so far here. You people really need to learn a thing called patience, we have played 7 games so far.

As for Cowen they would need a great offer to move him. No point giving him up now.

Phillips also will never sit this season so you can forget that. Unless he has an injury that is. He's a alternate on this team and plays good minutes for a reason.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Given the fact that they will be in a playoff race they won't be trading any veteran or any non scrub AHl type player for a draft pick. And anything past a first is the same as any other draft no matter what people want to tell you. Legwand was great on the pp just last season, and he's been pretty decent on it so far here. You people really need to learn a thing called patience, we have played 7 games so far.

As for Cowen they would need a great offer to move him. No point giving him up now.

Phillips also will never sit this season so you can forget that. Unless he has an injury that is. He's a alternate on this team and plays good minutes for a reason.
    Take it easy I was just saying Phillips could use a rest...He also had a terrible game along with the rest of the defence minus Karlsson and Ceci.

I wouldn't say its a sure bet this team will be in the race, like you said we are only 7 games in. The players haven't played like a playoff team with any consistency so far this season. Goaltending has been outstanding but if Anderson and Lehner played average this team would be looking much worse. Even if the team is a few points from the playoffs they should look to sell short term assets like Legwand. This team isn't a contender and the goal should be to win the Stanley Cup, not make the playoffs.

And that is my biggest issue with management and ownership as it seems the goal is to make the playoffs, and not win a championship. An average team can make it to the 2nd round but it won't win the Stanley Cup. The Senators need to build to be a contender.