Page 139 of 244 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 149 189 239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Well, based on his high shooting percentage this past season you would think he's headed for a bit of regression this year. And a career high of 62 points isn't encouraging given he's 29 and passing what are typically the prime years of a career. But he'll likely get more minutes given all the youth and lack of depth right now, so he might be able to maintain that production for two years or so. After that I don't think it will be so rosy.
    I have zero worries about MacArthur earning that contract.

Going back no more than the last four seasons, he has always had a high shooting percentage. When he gets the TOI overall and on the PP, he produces. Look at the worst two years he had with Toronto and you will see his 3rd and 4th line minutes and mates. In my opinion, the only reason that his shooting percentage was higher last season than it was the previous 3 is because his abnormal 33% on the PP. He has the opportunity and the chemistry in Ottawa to continue on from last year just like in 2010-11 with Toronto.

Anyway, MacArthur does everything right, his stats just made Ottawa fans love him that much quicker. That and the fact that he was another misused castaway from Toronto that found success in Ottawa.

This is a great contract in my opinion and will continue to be for the duration.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Oh. Nicholas Paul. The "throw-in" in the Spezza deal. Watch him make the Canadian Jr. team. Impressive so far.
    Still impressing 2 weeks later.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/ot...s-busting-out/

Good article and video right there.

It's from the BioSteel camp with NHLers and prospects. At the 1:25 mark shootout moves start and you should see some of the skill. Our boy Nick Paul's impressed me the most.

Dobber Sports Genius

A big thank you to the Sens fans on Dobberhockey for not posting anything about the moronic and asinine rumours about Melnyk bringing in a minority partner. Stay classy and legit.

Dobber Sports Guru

A big thank you to the Sens fans on Dobberhockey for not posting anything about the moronic and asinine rumours about Melnyk bringing in a minority partner. Stay classy and legit.
    Is this about the tweets that went out the other night? I wouldn't say rumours are asinine, as Melnyk has said in the past he would like to bring on a partner.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Genius

Ottawa media don't break any Sens news, let alone a small-time satirical "publication" like Frank.

Even if they did, I'd wait 3 more seconds and get it from Bob McKenzie. Just my opinion, but I rarely give anyone else the time of day. I don't really need to be the one to break news or hear first...even though I had the Clarke MacArthur extension on this site at the same time Melnyk was announcing it on the airwaves.

Dobber Sports Genius

As it stands right now, this is how I see the Sens opening night roster. After the first 9 games, Lazar will go back to Edmonton of the WHL and Stone will get called back up if he is doing everything Bingo coach Luc Richardson is asking of him.

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
    FORWARDS
    Clarke MacArthur ($3.250m) / Kyle Turris ($3.500m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
    Milan Michalek ($4.000m) / Mika Zibanejad ($0.894m) / Alex Chiasson ($0.867m)
    Zack Smith ($1.888m) / David Legwand ($3.000m) / Erik Condra ($1.250m)
    Colin Greening ($2.650m) / Curtis Lazar ($0.894m) / Chris Neil ($1.900m)
    Mike Hoffman ($0.750m) /

DEFENSEMEN
    Marc Methot ($3.000m) / Erik Karlsson ($6.500m)
    Jared Cowen ($3.100m) / Cody Ceci ($0.894m)
    Patrick Wiercioch ($2.000m) / Chris Phillips ($2.500m)
    Eric Gryba ($1.250m) / Mark Borowiecki ($0.575m)

GOALTENDERS
    Craig Anderson ($3.188m)
    Robin Lehner ($2.225m)

BONUS OVERAGE
    $0
    ------
    CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
    (estimations for 2014-15)
    SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,174,167; BONUSES: $1,718,333
    CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $13,825,833

Lazar will be in the lineup for Hoffman and maybe Greening for the first 9 games. Same with Condra. Once the 9 games are up, Lazar will get sent to Edmonton and Stone will come up. The Sens will probably carry 8 Dmen like they did last season at times.

I still see a quantity for quality trade coming, but I might be waiting awhile - hence the lineup you see today.

I’ve said before I think Chiasson has an edge over Stone for the #2 RW because the Sens will want to showcase him as a good piece in return for dealing Spezza. Plus the fact that Stone can still be sent down without being subject to waivers.

The Sens players (the ones that are NHL calibre right now) that will have to clear waivers to go to Bingo if and when they are cut are:
    - Mike Hoffman (has cleared many times before)
    - Dave Dziuzynski
    - Derek Grant (this is one guy that might surprise people)(hope he clears and he most likely will)

Ceci, Stone and Zibanejad can get sent down without waivers. In my opinion, one of Ceci or Stone will absolutely be sent down to start the year so Lazar can get his 9 games in. If they don't give Lazar 9 games, I expect both those guys to make the team out of camp (unless Derek Grant does something special).

All this changes with a trade every Sens fan expects but probably won't happen.

The Great One

I love that.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post

I love that.
    That is something I haven't wavered from in a long time. Those two lines are my only constants actually. Chiasson wins the spot he has because of the name he was traded for. Ottawa will want to prove they made a decent trade and give Chiasson every chance and tons of rope to succeed in my opinion. We'll see...

Oh, and out on a limb, Turris will be named captain.

Dobber Sports Stud

That is something I haven't wavered from in a long time. Those two lines are my only constants actually. Chiasson wins the spot he has because of the name he was traded for. Ottawa will want to prove they made a decent trade and give Chiasson every chance and tons of rope to succeed in my opinion. We'll see...

Oh, and out on a limb, Turris will be named captain.

Turris!! I wanna see EK with the C.. I can deal with Philips, just because he'll retire soon. With Turris, that would follow him for awhile.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    Turris!! I wanna see EK with the C.. I can deal with Philips, just because he'll retire soon. With Turris, that would follow him for awhile.
    I just don't think EK wants it. It's Karlsson's team on the ice anyway, everything runs through him.

Just a feeling I have based on conversations, emails, interviews, articles and just being the Sens fan I am. I'm most likely wrong, don't worry about it. Karlsson and Phillips are the favourites and I will be behind any choice the management make in the end.

Dobber Sports Genius

I echo the sentiments in the ramblings by Thomas Drance about Sens blogger/analytics/Eugene Melnyk hater, Travis Yost.

I haven't always agreed with his views, but he has put in some time, stuck with his craft - despite ignorant critics and wherever he landed, I wish him the best.

Dobber Sports Genius

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...27#post1327727

My post from a week ago and the reason I had Zack Smith as a LW in my line combinations back then too. It does make things easier barring a much-talked-about trade.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm loving the fact that Ryan hasn't been extended yet. All these fake insiders and pretend know-it-all sites/posters are back-peddling.

I will stick to finding out the truth when the masses do.

Dobber Sports Ace

i just inherited a team that is tied into the Sens....a team i honestly don't know much about. sorry. i am looking forward to hearing what you all have to say and just hope i can keep up. pretty sure i am limited to drafting just Sens players/prospects so make sure to cover every aspect in your posts please....my winning depends on it.
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Wolf Pack View Post
    i just inherited a team that is tied into the Sens....a team i honestly don't know much about. sorry. i am looking forward to hearing what you all have to say and just hope i can keep up. pretty sure i am limited to drafting just Sens players/prospects so make sure to cover every aspect in your posts please....my winning depends on it.
    Oh man, I'd love to be you right now in that league.

Any questions, just ask.

What's your format, roster, stats and rules?