Page 137 of 244 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 147 187 237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    Chris Phillips-

Just wanted to give a tip of the hat to Chris Phillips. We run a hockey school in an adjacent rink to where Chris skates this time of year, often with his kids. We have made a point of not bothering him and give him his privacy, other than bringing our students over to sit in the stands and watch him for short while, but other wise we leave him alone.

Anyway today he popped into our camp and gave a short talk and joked around with the kids. He asked things like what they were learning at camp, what position they played, the importance of being a good skating and being versatile. He asked if any of them knew that he actually played as a forward when he first played with the Sens and that he had never played forward before that. He also brought his hockey card and autographed each one for our campers and posed for a group picture.

Of course the kids were in awe. He was very genuine. He took time to interact with the kids and wasn't just going through the motions like so many athletes do.

I've always been a fan of Phillips and am even more so now.
    That is great. Thanks for sharing.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    Chris Phillips-

Just wanted to give a tip of the hat to Chris Phillips. We run a hockey school in an adjacent rink to where Chris skates this time of year, often with his kids. We have made a point of not bothering him and give him his privacy, other than bringing our students over to sit in the stands and watch him for short while, but other wise we leave him alone.

Anyway today he popped into our camp and gave a short talk and joked around with the kids. He asked things like what they were learning at camp, what position they played, the importance of being a good skating and being versatile. He asked if any of them knew that he actually played as a forward when he first played with the Sens and that he had never played forward before that. He also brought his hockey card and autographed each one for our campers and posed for a group picture.

Of course the kids were in awe. He was very genuine. He took time to interact with the kids and wasn't just going through the motions like so many athletes do.

I've always been a fan of Phillips and am even more so now.
    Thanks for sharing. That's worth 3.6% of the salary cap (Phillips' contract) right there in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Thanks for sharing. That's worth 3.6% of the salary cap (Phillips' contract) right there in my opinion.
    Agreed. Classy guy.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

The Great One

And he loves the gino beats.

Dobber Sports Genius

The dog days of August.

AGM Pierre Dorion has been in Chicago for the last couple days speaking with Craig Anderson's agent about an extension. This from the Twitter account of Don Brennan with the Ottawa Sun.

Good time to do this in my opinion as he may come cheap now as compared to if he continues his career trend that matches the up and down of one Vinny Prospal (up season coming for Anderson). Sign Anderson now to a 3 or 4 year deal and he is either a bargain for you or a nice trade piece in the future. If Robin Lehner proves anything this season that may show he is capable of taking the starters role in 2015-16, a signed Anderson would be attractive to buyers.

Nothing new on the other 4 pending UFA's in 2015 (Ryan, MacArthur, Condra and Methot).

Dobber Sports Genius

UK (EIHL) and ECHL tough guy Guillaume Lepine will be at Sens camp in September. Once again, nothing to see here other than me struggling with the August hockey blahs.

Lots of these invites happen, I should probably just stop now.

Dobber Sports Genius

We've got news!!!

Dman Mark Borowiecki has been extended for 3 more years - a deal worth 3.3 million. AAV is 1.1 million.

Extended!!!!?????

Before even starting his first ever one-way deal and before even starting his first season in the NHL - as an 8th defenceman to boot!!!???

There are only two teams in the NHL that would want someone like Borowiecki extended at this point in his career and they are Ottawa and Buffalo. Buffalo because the former Sens AGM Tim Murray is now the GM of the Sabres.

This is either a nice contract for Ottawa because Borowiecki does have NHL attributes OR Borowiecki will be a Sabre before my next post.

Moulson or Stewart coming back? Is it Borowiecki ++ or Methot that gets dealt from Ottawa? Moulson has the edge in my opinion based on the Sens need for a LW more than a RW like Stewart. Damn I wish the Sens liked Hoffman as much as I do.

Dobber Sports Icon

Moulson, Moulson, Moulson!
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    Moulson, Moulson, Moulson!
    But really, who do you really want?

I'm undecided yet as to what this Borowiecki extension means. Great deal for Ottawa or a Dman being shipped out? I'm leaning towards a quantity for quality trade and Buffalo makes sense for so many reasons. Have you seen their blueline?

Dobber Sports Ace

This is either a nice contract for Ottawa because Borowiecki does have NHL attributes OR Borowiecki will be a Sabre before my next post.
    Ottawa isn't known for being nice with it's contracts, I'm going to lean towards te Buffalo angle
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Icon

But really, who do you really want?

I'm undecided yet as to what this Borowiecki extension means. Great deal for Ottawa or a Dman being shipped out? I'm leaning towards a quantity for quality trade and Buffalo makes sense for so many reasons. Have you seen their blueline?
    ya, its not good, but really we have WAAAY too many d-men on the roster. as long as EK, Ceci or Weircioch arent involved, i'll take a LW. Moulson would fit the bill, and Michalek can ride around on the 3rd line.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I can't see it being Moulson since he just signed there as a UFA. Stewart makes a lot of sense here though, except that he's a RW

Dobber Sports Ace

Posted this in the Buffalo thread too, the Sabres apparently have a big announcement scheduled today, could it be a trade between the two?

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...nt-for-monday/
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by vitun-tyhmä View Post
    Posted this in the Buffalo thread too, the Sabres apparently have a big announcement scheduled today, could it be a trade between the two?

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...nt-for-monday/
    nope they are just announcing that they are hosting the 2015 & 2016 NHL combines

via twitter:

Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington 3m
    Presser to begin shortly. NHL confirms #Sabres hosting Combine in '15 and 16.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by vitun-tyhmä View Post
    Ottawa isn't known for being nice with it's contracts, I'm going to lean towards te Buffalo angle
    I'd love to see some of your contracts you think Ottawa overpaid on? Be ready for me to counter with the absolute steals called Karlsson, Turris, any of Alfie's, MacArthur, Legwand, Neil, Smith etc, etc. Basically, I don't expect a response from you.

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    ya, its not good, but really we have WAAAY too many d-men on the roster. as long as EK, Ceci or Weircioch arent involved, i'll take a LW. Moulson would fit the bill, and Michalek can ride around on the 3rd line.
    Couldn't agree more. I just can't see Ceci starting the year in the AHL, although it may happen, so therefore yes, I see us having too many Dmen. Is it a good defence core? Not really. Even though they carried 8 at times last season, I can't see it this year to start especially with all the forwards they have currently. Just my opinion. My man crushes are Wiercioch and Hoffman, mostly because I think the Sens don't see their value like I do.

Quote Originally Posted by c_robio View Post
    I can't see it being Moulson since he just signed there as a UFA. Stewart makes a lot of sense here though, except that he's a RW
    Valid points. I don't pretend to know. We'll see.