Page 136 of 244 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 146 186 236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

I'd say there is a good chance. The guy is good enough, and he seems like a real character player as well.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Same jersey they held up and rallied around enroute to winning the Memorial Cup right? If memory serves me correctly he died after bridge jumping in the offseason.

When Lazar was drafted I said he would eventually wear a letter in the NHL. I was questioned on that, but I stand by that comment.
    Your memory serves you right. I think they ruled it a suicide.. Lazar seems like a character guy, from what I have heard. He'll be an NHLer. Top line star maybe not, but an effective NHLer and I could see a letter for sure.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Your memory serves you right. I think they ruled it a suicide.. Lazar seems like a character guy, from what I have heard. He'll be an NHLer. Top line star maybe not, but an effective NHLer and I could see a letter for sure.
    Damn, didn't realize it was deemed suicide though. In my mind it was considered accidental and just unfortunate fun gone wrong. Shame either way.

Isn't is going to be awesome watching Lazar hoist the Stanley Cup in 10 months? I might be reaching...

Banned

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    I don't get it. To each their own.

Dobber Sports Guru

I don't get it. To each their own.
    In Washington, there's a big deal about the Redskins changing their name because its offensive. Sajak was just having fun with that.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    In Washington, there's a big deal about the Redskins changing their name because its offensive. Sajak was just having fun with that.
    yes, this! it's a joke, also funny because of the idea that senators are politicians, and politicians are offensive, especially in Washington and Ottawa!

Dobber Sports Genius

Lazar, Lazar, Lazar.

The World Junior Development camp on right now and he's once again making an impression. In the first game against the Czech Republic, Lazar was the best player on the ice and picked up a goal in the process. Yesterday they played the Russians and he had a 4-point night (3 goals, 1 assist). Two of those 3 goals were shorthanded.

There are only 2 options for Lazar this season and they are the WHL or NHL. With every passing day, I think Lazar is going to get more than the 9-game tryout with the Sens. He can play all 3 forwards positions with C and RW being his 2 best. Only issue is C and RW are the two positions the Sens don't really have an opening for. You could make an argument that there is a spot on LW.

A trade has to be in the works. It's been talked about by Bryan Murray before his cancer was mentioned about by mainstream media, I just can't figure out what players the Sens are shopping and to whom.

Trade options:
    Greening? I hope not.
    Condra? Average fan would like it, but he does a lot of good things IMO. Very little trade value unless Mr. Corsi is a GM somewhere. Waived maybe?
    Smith? No. Step backwards IMO.
    Hoffman? He would just be waived for the umpteenth time?
    Neil? Ottawa would burn for some reason and can't see Murray pulling the trigger. Veteran presence.

I will stick with Methot (my guess)/Cowen/Wiercioch, Stone, Hoffman +++ for someone like Sharp+/Simmonds/Marchand. I don't know. I'd say Kane but Winnipeg doesn't need quantity for quality and same with Colorado and O'Reilly. I just think Methot goes because no way is he worth what he will demand as a UFA. None of those trades will happen by the way.

Time for bed. Work tomorrow.

Oh. Nicholas Paul. The "throw-in" in the Spezza deal. Watch him make the Canadian Jr. team. Impressive so far.

Dobber Sports Genius

Methot extension not going well. He apparently wants 5+ million using Matt Carle and Brooks Orpik as comparibles.

I can't see the Sens paying him those numbers.

Dobber Sports Genius

Bobby Ryan contract update:

This from HFboards (no link and you will see why in a moment):
    "The Sens and Bobby Ryan have agreed to an extension last month. They are just working out the details as we speak."

In other news, I have come to an agreement with Jesus Christ that I will turn stone into purified drinking water in one simple step that anyone can do at home. I'm just working out the details as we speak.

Seriously, how is it even possible to agree to an extension without knowing details of the contract? I don't know why I go to that site still.

Dobber Sports Stud

Bobby Ryan contract update:

This from HFboards (no link and you will see why in a moment):
    "The Sens and Bobby Ryan have agreed to an extension last month. They are just working out the details as we speak."

In other news, I have come to an agreement with Jesus Christ that I will turn stone into purified drinking water in one simple step that anyone can do at home. I'm just working out the details as we speak.

Seriously, how is it even possible to agree to an extension without knowing details of the contract? I don't know why I go to that site still.
    "Ya ya, I'll stick around after next summer. We'll figure it out later I promise!"

Boom! UFA!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    "Ya ya, I'll stick around after next summer. We'll figure it out later I promise!"

Boom! UFA!
    That's what I was thinking about the post I read too.

I still think he will re-sign but wasn't sure why that guy would even post what he did. He claims to have sources, yet comes up with that junk.

Dobber Sports Genius

Nothing fantasy-worthy here, but 4-year color analyst Denis Potvin has moved back to the Panthers organization.

With TSN taking over Sens broadcasts, changes were expected. Lots of good options out there to replace Potvin - who took criticism from time-to-time, but gave some good insight into positional awareness and player mentality occasionally.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Nothing fantasy-worthy here, but 4-year color analyst Denis Potvin has moved back to the Panthers organization.

With TSN taking over Sens broadcasts, changes were expected. Lots of good options out there to replace Potvin - who took criticism from time-to-time, but gave some good insight into positional awareness and player mentality occasionally.
    Yay, I really didn't like Potvin, even though I have huge respect for what he did as a player and some of his insights were really interesting to hear. His personality was horrible in my opinion and he didn't really make a great TV colour commentator, even though he has more than enough qualifications for the job. Change is good donkey (to quote my second or third favourite green animated character).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Stud

Chris Phillips-

Just wanted to give a tip of the hat to Chris Phillips. We run a hockey school in an adjacent rink to where Chris skates this time of year, often with his kids. We have made a point of not bothering him and give him his privacy, other than bringing our students over to sit in the stands and watch him for short while, but other wise we leave him alone.

Anyway today he popped into our camp and gave a short talk and joked around with the kids. He asked things like what they were learning at camp, what position they played, the importance of being a good skating and being versatile. He asked if any of them knew that he actually played as a forward when he first played with the Sens and that he had never played forward before that. He also brought his hockey card and autographed each one for our campers and posed for a group picture.

Of course the kids were in awe. He was very genuine. He took time to interact with the kids and wasn't just going through the motions like so many athletes do.

I've always been a fan of Phillips and am even more so now.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic