Page 135 of 244 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 145 185 235 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    notch, how dare you post something you read somewhere else? I am sure everything else that is posted on these forums are original scoops, witnessed, verified, and reported by the first observer!
    ....yup. It's that simple.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    I don't believe that they'll be better without Spezza, but I would love to be wrong.
    Hey man, I'm actually on the fence if the Sens will be better this season. Defensively, they should be. That will lead to better play from the defence, which should help Anderson and Lehner...but who knows about the offensive side of things and the overall success?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I feel the Sens needed to change the culture in that dressing room, and what better way then to trade the captain..

I honestly feel the team becomes a more tight knit group and they actually win more games this season..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I feel the Sens needed to change the culture in that dressing room, and what better way then to trade the captain..

I honestly feel the team becomes a more tight knit group and they actually win more games this season..
    I could see how this could work. Change of atmosphere could lighten the mood and maybe have more fun working.

Dobber Sports Master

Couldn't agree more, but I think the reason will be Bryan Murray, not the departure of Spezza. This will be a "win it for Bryan" year and I expect the group to fight hard for that guy. Not everyone has that kind of disposition on this team, but as a whole, I think they'll battle hard for their GM and band with him symbolically by battling hard on the ice. I totally see it.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Couldn't agree more, but I think the reason will be Bryan Murray, not the departure of Spezza. This will be a "win it for Bryan" year and I expect the group to fight hard for that guy. Not everyone has that kind of disposition on this team, but as a whole, I think they'll battle hard for their GM and band with him symbolically by battling hard on the ice. I totally see it.
    Great point, glad you mentioned that.. It's definitely going to be a "win it for Bryan" year!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    I could see how this could work. Change of atmosphere could lighten the mood and maybe have more fun working.
    Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Great point, glad you mentioned that.. It's definitely going to be a "win it for Bryan" year!!
    Pretty much all this. The Sens have a lot to prove to themselves this season and there is quite a bit of the straw to grasp at for them. I look forward to the question marks in the Top 9 and hopefully some hard, more selective minutes from what I think is a very good fourth line of Greening, Smith and Neil.

A quantity for quality trade should be in the works in think. Not much quality, but enough to see more defined roles IMO. I'm most likely wrong though and what you see now (and all the question marks), is what you will get.

I'm more intrigued this season, even though I haven't renewed my season seats yet.

The Great One

Are you going to renew? How much do seasons go for? Where are your seats?

Dobber Sports Genius

That post got me thinking about lineups. Ugh, why? Still too early for any of this but the baby and wife are napping soundly so here goes:

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
    Michalek - Zibanejad - Chiasson
    Condra - Legwand - Stone
    Greening - Smith - Neil
    Hoffman

- Can't believe that leaves Lazar off the team as well as Pageau, Puempel, Grant and Prince. I still give Lazar his 9-game tryout though before Pageau and Puempel get called up to fill whatever role is needed.

- Chaisson wins the 2nd RW spot over Stone because of politics. Management will give Chaisson every chance to succeed - so the fans that for some reason haven't forgotten about Spezza yet - will have something tangible to help ease their pain.

I'm confused about the defence:
    7 one-way contracts with the 8th Dman Ceci on a two-way but proved himself to be an NHLer last season. Your guess is as good as mine. Barring a trade, you would have to think that Ceci starts the year in the AHL.

Ceci played almost 50% of his shifts with Phillips, so with Cody in the AHL, D pairings are a mess for me. Especially since Ottawa has a shortage of right-side Dmen.

Methot - Karlsson
    Cowen - Wiercioch
    Gryba - Phillips
    Borowiecki

Maybe Ceci stays up and the Sens keep 8 D and only 13 forwards, but the more likely is 14 forwards and 7 D, especially since I think Lazar gets his 9 games to start.

Anderson
    Lehner

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Are you going to renew? How much do seasons go for? Where are your seats?
    Yup, I'm just waiting to see what happens with the roster a little bit longer, but I will renew. I like being a season ticket holder for whatever reason. I get my full season seats for $3500 (not exact). $7000 total for the pair…roughly. Very first row of the 2nd level, my favourite seat in the house. Personal preference.

The Great One

Not as cheap as I thought it might be.

I had similar seats at the ACC. First row upper level. Loved them as well.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Not as cheap as I thought it might be.

I had similar seats at the ACC. First row upper level. Loved them as well.
    Last season was the worst I have encountered for trying to sell my seats. Ottawa fans are as fickle as they come and we all know how successful the Sens were last season. If the Sens don't win, fans don't come. One of the many reasons I am waiting to see what happens with the roster before I renew.

Dobber Sports Genius

Nothing really fantasy related but the Sabres have taken some nice front office pieces from Ottawa. Assistant GM Tim Murray, Rob Murphy (Dir of scouting) and Greg Royce (Dir amateur scouting). Those aren't small roles.

Good opportunity for others to step up internally and for others to see that if you work hard with Ottawa, the chance for success in Ottawa or beyond is there for you.

Nothing to report on Ryan or MacArthur extensions. No one knows no matter what they say.

Dobber Sports Ninja

A little bit of Sens/Oilers connection here.

Sunaya Sapurji ‏@sunayas · 17h
    Edmonton Oil Kings forward @CurtisLazar95 will now wear #26 internationally for Canada in honour of Kristians Pelss. #PlayForPelssy

Classy stuff by Lazar right there.

Dobber Sports Genius

Same jersey they held up and rallied around enroute to winning the Memorial Cup right? If memory serves me correctly he died after bridge jumping in the offseason.

When Lazar was drafted I said he would eventually wear a letter in the NHL. I was questioned on that, but I stand by that comment.