Page 132 of 244 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 142 182 232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

The Great One

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    "They wiffed on all the big names"? First of all, big names never sign in Ottawa, in the history of the franchise. Secondly, there was like one or two true "big names" out there, and obviously they weren't going to get him. And they have no interest in Vanek even if he wanted to come here.

They (and I) didn't expect to sign any big free agents, so they did not "whiff". They wanted Pouliot, but he got ridiculous money. So they re-signed a guy who truly wanted to play here.

Free agency is ridiculous and is not how you build a young team unless you needed to reach the floor like Buffalo and Florida did.

All these marginal players being signed to big deals aren't "big names" nor will they have a huge impact on the team that signed them. There's no point paying these prices especially for a budget team.

I'm happy none of those players were signed, as I am a big proponent of trades over signings. Their big signings are going to be guys who are already here (Lehner, MacArthur, Ryan, etc.). I'm hoping no free agents are signed at all.

They are working on a trade as we speak, for a top 6 forward. If they still need a body, there are some minor pieces out there. But, they didn't need to make any signings or big move, they just have to stay the course.

and the point was you said they had a bad off-season, and it's July 2...
    Good post.

Michalek sucks though. I don't think Ottawa makes the playoffs unless they replace Spezza with another 1b center which they should get this summer, I would think.

Banned

Sens record over the last two seasons (130 games) -- With Spezza: 31-31-16. Without Spezza: 30-17-4

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Good post.

Michalek sucks though. I don't think Ottawa makes the playoffs unless they replace Spezza with another 1b center which they should get this summer, I would think.
    He doesn't suck at all. Two-way winger with speed, experience, goal scorer, plays all situations, spent last year recovering from knee operation. He's not a star but a serviceable Top 6-9 winger and we need to sign guys who want to be here.

And can we stop using the term "sucks"? it contributes nothing and makes the poster look pretty bad imo.

The Great One

I wouldn't want Michalek in my top 6....at anything more than 2M. Thats how much I dislike him. He doesn't bring anything to the team.

Banned

I wouldn't want Michalek in my top 6....at anything more than 2M. Thats how much I dislike him. He doesn't bring anything to the team.
    Right.

Just like Clarke "not a Top 6 forward" MacArthur

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Wiercioch, anybody?? Should I drop this guy or are big things coming?? BigEv you home??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Great One

No team will win the cup with Mac and/or Michalek in the top 6.

- - - Updated - - -

I said the same thing about Spezza years ago and you told me what an idiot I am.

Banned

No team will win the cup with Mac and/or Michalek in the top 6.

- - - Updated - - -

I said the same thing about Spezza years ago and you told me what an idiot I am.
    pure BS. I get that you're jealous of what MacArthur did for us last year, but you don't have to write stuff like that. He would fit in any team's top 6. Tyler Toffoli was in a top 6 that just won the Cup.

ah I will cherish the day we signed Clarke MacArthur and Mr. Guru said he was not signed to be a Top 6 player. Good times.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Wiercioch, anybody?? Should I drop this guy or are big things coming?? BigEv you home??
    don't drop him, but I don't know if he'll be on the team to be honest. A D has to move. If he is moved it might be good for his ice time.

He has the makings of a 40 point d-man one day. Has to improve defensively but as he gets more playing time he should develop well. He will get assists primarily.

Banned

You're straight up delusional buddy!

Michalek is garbage, on any other team he's a 3rd liner at best and you don't pay 3rd liners 4mil a year. Funny how you think it's a good thing that they didn't dign any free agents because they saved money but you think Michalek @ 4mil is fine.
    Like I said, the Senators finished 21st last season with a #1 C, now they don't have that center and they got squat for him. And they don't have any good assets to deal to get one so you best prepare your anus for this season because it's going to be a rough one. They'll finish bottom 5

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    You're straight up delusional buddy!

Michalek is garbage, on any other team he's a 3rd liner at best and you don't pay 3rd liners 4mil a year. Funny how you think it's a good thing that they didn't dign any free agents because they saved money but you think Michalek @ 4mil is fine.
    Like I said, the Senators finished 21st last season with a #1 C, now they don't have that center and they got squat for him. And they don't have any good assets to deal to get one so you best prepare your anus for this season because it's going to be a rough one. They'll finish bottom 5
    "you don't pay third liners 4 million a year" sure looks like a ton of teams just did that. Oh, the same free agency that you said the Sens missed out on.

Turris was their #1 C all year. Spezza is no longer a #1 c in the league.

I don't care what you think about the team to be honest. Heard the same shit two years ago, made the playoffs two straight years.

Banned

I'm out of here for the summer. Tired of dealing with the crap that this team gets. From all over. See ya everybody.

Banned

"you don't pay third liners 4 million a year" sure looks like a ton of teams just did that. Oh, the same free agency that you said the Sens missed out on.

Turris was their #1 C all year. Spezza is no longer a #1 c in the league.

I don't care what you think about the team to be honest. Heard the same shit two years ago, made the playoffs two straight years.
    Like who exactly? Name a 3rd liner who signed for 4 mil.

The Cammalleri signing was bad but I'm sure they're looking at it from a boom vs bust perspective, hoping he can be 1st liner or at least top six. The Gionta signing was bad too, but the Sabres needed to get to the floor and they have no delusions about being competitive, they said they would overpay to get to the floor and they wanted some solid charcter guys and vets and Gionta fits the bill. Other than that the only other one is Pouliot and for 4mil the Sens should have nabbed him instead of Michalek. Fail all around from where I'm standing.

Turris a #1 C? lmao, you really are delusional today! Even on Buffalo he's not a #1 C. But you talk this tough game like you've got it all figured out, lets see what you've got to say next April!

Banned

I'm out of here for the summer. Tired of dealing with the crap that this team gets. From all over. See ya everybody.

if you can't take the heat, stay outta da kitchen!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    Like who exactly? Name a 3rd liner who signed for 4 mil.

The Cammalleri signing was bad but I'm sure they're looking at it from a boom vs bust perspective, hoping he can be 1st liner or at least top six. The Gionta signing was bad too, but the Sabres needed to get to the floor and they have no delusions about being competitive, they said they would overpay to get to the floor and they wanted some solid charcter guys and vets and Gionta fits the bill. Other than that the only other one is Pouliot and for 4mil the Sens should have nabbed him instead of Michalek. Fail all around from where I'm standing.

Turris a #1 C? lmao, you really are delusional today! Even on Buffalo he's not a #1 C. But you talk this tough game like you've got it all figured out, lets see what you've got to say next April!
    Even on Buffalo? Turris was 1C all year for the Sens and was better then Spezza?

As for depth signings, there are plenty of them. If you put as much effort into looking up stats and figure as you do running your mouth on these boards, you'd have a better grasp of things.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    Even on Buffalo? Turris was 1C all year for the Sens and was better then Spezza?

As for depth signings, there are plenty of them. If you put as much effort into looking up stats and figure as you do running your mouth on these boards, you'd have a better grasp of things.
    Why don't you fanboys get a room already? We'll see the real Turris this year when he's all on his own against top defenders