Page 131 of 244 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 141 181 231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    I missed the draft - where did Spezza get traded to?
    TSN was reporting that Murray wouldn't trade Spezza to the Ducks without getting the 10th overall pick back in return, so Anaheim traded for Kesler instead.

I'm wondering if Murray is asking for too much. Now his best bet to trade Spezza is in a few weeks time, when teams are worried they missed out on top free agents.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Guru

Garrioch thinks the Sens will look at these five guys:

5 free agents I think OTT will look at: Moulson (MIN), Havlat (SJS), Pouliot (NYR), Jokinen (PIT) and keeping Milan Michalek. #Sens
    https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/stat...02916306305025

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Dobber Sports Genius

The Sens have been in contact with Derek MacKenzie's agent.

I'm confused. Great forechecker and PKer, but...

Dobber Sports Master

Now that the Sens have traded their captain, Jason Spezza, and made minimal signings (Michalek,and some minor leaguers) all while not getting a ton in return for Spezza, how do you guys see the senators doing over the course of the next couple seasons? Are they unofficially in rebuild mode?

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Guru

Murray said he pretty much has a deal in place for a roster player in return for one of the Sens prospects. On the radio this morning, they made it sound like the Sens were waiting on the other team to pick a prospect.

Any one have any insight into the deal? Is it for Berglund?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Now that the Sens have traded their captain, Jason Spezza, and made minimal signings (Michalek,and some minor leaguers) all while not getting a ton in return for Spezza, how do you guys see the senators doing over the course of the next couple seasons? Are they unofficially in rebuild mode?
    They had a very disappointing and unimpressive off-season. I think they squandered any chance to get value for Spezza and they weren't aggressive in going after all the nice options available so they settled for Michalek. They were 21st overall last season, I predict they switch places with the Isles this year and fall to 26th or so. This is the last year on Anderson's contract too, I bet he'll be dealt before the deadline once it becomes apparent that they have no shot at making the playoffs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    They had a very disappointing and unimpressive off-season. I think they squandered any chance to get value for Spezza and they weren't aggressive in going after all the nice options available so they settled for Michalek. They were 21st overall last season, I predict they switch places with the Isles this year and fall to 26th or so. This is the last year on Anderson's contract too, I bet he'll be dealt before the deadline once it becomes apparent that they have no shot at making the playoffs.
    It's July 2.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Murray said he pretty much has a deal in place for a roster player in return for one of the Sens prospects. On the radio this morning, they made it sound like the Sens were waiting on the other team to pick a prospect.

Any one have any insight into the deal? Is it for Berglund?
    IMO Berglund, O'Reilly, Sharp, or Kadri

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

BigEv, any thoughts on Wiercioch and his future?? What point range would you put him in for the future??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    It's July 2.
    So you think they turn it around before the start of the season. What do you think they have cooking in the kitchen?

Oops, looks like you answered that as I was writing. Who of the three guys mentioned do you see them getting first.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Banned

It's July 2.
    Yeah but they whiffed on all the big names, what are you hoping that they resign Alfredsson? I wouldn't hold my breath on that one

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    Yeah but they whiffed on all the big names, what are you hoping that they resign Alfredsson? I wouldn't hold my breath on that one
    "They wiffed on all the big names"? First of all, big names never sign in Ottawa, in the history of the franchise. Secondly, there was like one or two true "big names" out there, and obviously they weren't going to get him. And they have no interest in Vanek even if he wanted to come here.

They (and I) didn't expect to sign any big free agents, so they did not "whiff". They wanted Pouliot, but he got ridiculous money. So they re-signed a guy who truly wanted to play here.

Free agency is ridiculous and is not how you build a young team unless you needed to reach the floor like Buffalo and Florida did.

All these marginal players being signed to big deals aren't "big names" nor will they have a huge impact on the team that signed them. There's no point paying these prices especially for a budget team.

I'm happy none of those players were signed, as I am a big proponent of trades over signings. Their big signings are going to be guys who are already here (Lehner, MacArthur, Ryan, etc.). I'm hoping no free agents are signed at all.

They are working on a trade as we speak, for a top 6 forward. If they still need a body, there are some minor pieces out there. But, they didn't need to make any signings or big move, they just have to stay the course.

and the point was you said they had a bad off-season, and it's July 2...

The Great One

IMO Berglund, O'Reilly, Sharp, or Kadri
    Why Kadri?

And which prospect do you think?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    So you think they turn it around before the start of the season. What do you think they have cooking in the kitchen?

Oops, looks like you answered that as I was writing. Who of the three guys mentioned do you see them getting first.
    Well they would only get one. It could be another name as well, I don't know, but I know they target O'Reilly and maybe Sharp as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Why Kadri?

And which prospect do you think?
    no reason at all and no info about that, just speculation.

Prospect would be Hoffman, Prince, Puempel IMO