Page 128 of 244 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 138 178 228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

I'm not Ev, but man I think they know Anderson is an up down year guy and they ride him next year.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    This is a stretch of 3 games of the worst hockey I can remember him playing lately. Rarely does he have back-to-back games of these kind of mistakes and lackadaisical play.

First game was Calgary and we were all ready for a big game against Carolina…didn't happen. Then we were sure it would come against the Islanders and it was even worse. No way does it go 4 game - to be continued...
    Another total dud. This team is a disaster right now.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    So Big Ev, what do you think the % chances are that Anderson gets moved? I've been eying Lehner as a sneaky end-of-season stash in hopes of a trade, but I haven't been following the Sens that closely outside of Karlsson.
    Anderson is 50/50 right now in my opinion. I know that's the easy way out, but that's how up in the air Anderson is right now. Exit interviews will tell Sens Brass a lot. Anderson has a history of checking out in tough times and this wasn't a good year to have a unstable goalie for Ottawa.

I expect big changes this offseason and posted my lineup about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Spezza, Hemsky and Michalek are all gone giving the Sens a new 2nd line and it wouldn't surprise me if they bring in Giguere, Nabokov, Gustavsson or Clemmensen who are all UFA's to backup Lehner who added some question marks of his own to his game this season. He answered some questions, but also raised some.

In saying that, get Lehner now if you can. Don't even be sneaky about it, go get him.

Dobber Sports Genius

Another total dud. This team is a disaster right now.
    Unless you drafted Karlsson for PIM's. Haha.

He's very frustrated right now on the ice and off. He's had a bad year and still dominates offensively like every Dman with offence in their game wishes they could.

Dobber Sports Genius

I want the Sens to sign/trade for Ryan O'Reilly, Rob Scuderi and Ben Smith just for the simple fact that they have a total of 6 PIM's in a combined 198 games played. It would be funny to watch their PIM's skyrocket just because they play for Ottawa now.

No different than MacArthur who has 76 PIM's on the year now after averaging 42 per year in his 3 years in Toronto. I even pro-rated the lockout season by doubling his PIM's and GP.

It was certainly funny to see that Alfredsson only has 10 PIMs on the year with Detroit when his average in Ottawa over his career was 31.4 PIMs per year.

Gonchar in Dallas now - never has he had only 18 minutes in PIM's in his 3 years in Ottawa.

Dobber Sports Stud

I want the Sens to sign/trade for Ryan O'Reilly, Rob Scuderi and Ben Smith just for the simple fact that they have a total of 6 PIM's in a combined 198 games played. It would be funny to watch their PIM's skyrocket just because they play for Ottawa now.

No different than MacArthur who has 76 PIM's on the year now after averaging 42 per year in his 3 years in Toronto. I even pro-rated the lockout season by doubling his PIM's and GP.

It was certainly funny to see that Alfredsson only has 10 PIMs on the year with Detroit when his average in Ottawa over his career was 31.4 PIMs per year.

Gonchar in Dallas now - never has he had only 18 minutes in PIM's in his 3 years in Ottawa.
    Why do you think that is Notch?
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Guru

I think you're reading too much into things.

Bobby Ryan has just 48 penalty minutes this year, which is the lowest he's ever had (not including last season, when he was on pace for 53).

Conacher had more penalty minutes per game with Tampa (and now Buffalo) than he did with Ottawa.

Hensky has just two penalty minutes in 16 games with Ottawa (a 10-minute pace over a full season).

Silfverberg has just as many penalties in 48 games with Anaheim this as he did with Ottawa in 48 games last year.

MacArthur's numbers seem high, but remember, he had two games where he was given 14 minutes in each. Take away those 10-minute misconducts, and he's pretty much on pace with where he's always been. Without those misconducts, he's got 56 penalty minutes this year. Last year, he was on pace for 53 over a full 82-game season.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Veteran

Anderson is 50/50 right now in my opinion. I know that's the easy way out, but that's how up in the air Anderson is right now. Exit interviews will tell Sens Brass a lot. Anderson has a history of checking out in tough times and this wasn't a good year to have a unstable goalie for Ottawa.

I expect big changes this offseason and posted my lineup about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Spezza, Hemsky and Michalek are all gone giving the Sens a new 2nd line and it wouldn't surprise me if they bring in Giguere, Nabokov, Gustavsson or Clemmensen who are all UFA's to backup Lehner who added some question marks of his own to his game this season. He answered some questions, but also raised some.

In saying that, get Lehner now if you can. Don't even be sneaky about it, go get him.
    Thanks for the advice Notch! I got screwed in my H2H final with Crosby being sat out, but I got the consolation prize by snagging Lehner off the wire to stash for next year......hoping a trade gets done this summer!
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    Why do you think that is Notch?
    It's a bit of lots of things. Ottawa sucks this year. They are on the wrong side of the puck a lot and therefore are chasing, scrambling and taking penalties. Ottawa has a reputation with the refs due to some constant harping on the officials (Coach Clouston was very bad). Lastly, without going into too much detail, almost 80% of the refs are from the Toronto area or Quebec. I'm very good friends with an NHL linesman from my hometown and he all but confirms that Ottawa isn't well liked because of that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I think you're reading too much into things.

Bobby Ryan has just 48 penalty minutes this year, which is the lowest he's ever had (not including last season, when he was on pace for 53).

Conacher had more penalty minutes per game with Tampa (and now Buffalo) than he did with Ottawa.

Hensky has just two penalty minutes in 16 games with Ottawa (a 10-minute pace over a full season).

Silfverberg has just as many penalties in 48 games with Anaheim this as he did with Ottawa in 48 games last year.

MacArthur's numbers seem high, but remember, he had two games where he was given 14 minutes in each. Take away those 10-minute misconducts, and he's pretty much on pace with where he's always been. Without those misconducts, he's got 56 penalty minutes this year. Last year, he was on pace for 53 over a full 82-game season.
    I left those names out for a reason.

I disagree with MacArthur though because he got those misconducts because of terrible reffing in those games that he was sick of watching. Bobby Ryan also got his misconduct for chirping because never in his career has he experienced the biased reffing he was subjected to all year and specifically that game against Montreal.

Thanks for the advice Notch! I got screwed in my H2H final with Crosby being sat out, but I got the consolation prize by snagging Lehner off the wire to stash for next year......hoping a trade gets done this summer!
    No idea what will happen with Anderson, but having Lehner on your team now will help you for the next 15 years.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I could see Ottawa starting the season with Anderson/Lehner again and testing the younger, giving him tougher games. If he pans out as expected, Anderson's numbers will likely look better against lesser opponents and make for better trade bait by the deadline next year. This off-season would be a sell-low scenario for Anderson. If Lehner can take over the number one job early next year, then look to deal Anderson and there is usually several veteran back ups available at a reasonable price. My $0.05
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I could see Ottawa starting the season with Anderson/Lehner again and testing the younger, giving him tougher games. If he pans out as expected, Anderson's numbers will likely look better against lesser opponents and make for better trade bait by the deadline next year. This off-season would be a sell-low scenario for Anderson. If Lehner can take over the number one job early next year, then look to deal Anderson and there is usually several veteran back ups available at a reasonable price. My $0.05
    That's exactly how I see it when I fall on the 50/50 side of Anderson staying. That and the fact that Lehner isn't ready.

Ho hum, another great game by Anderson last night that none of the Lehner fan-boys are talking about. If Lehner would have made 45 saves and led the Sens to a win, you wouldn't need to come to Dobberhockey in Ottawa, you'd see the Lehner billboards all over town.

Anderson has had his mental lapses, let in some very early goals and had some interesting quotes. He is a very different goalie in a world of different goalies. Lehner couldn't stop anything this season from behind the goal line or cover up a loose puck in addition the same mental lapses and quick goals allowed.

They have the almost the same numbers, except one glaring difference - Anderson has been getting wins this season and Lehner can't. Don't tell that to the people that want Anderson gone next season, they still think that the Sens play harder for Lehner. If that is the case, why can't Lehner win a game?

I hate saying bad things about Lehner as he is my favourite goalie prospect, but that's just it, he may have a full time NHL spot, but in terms of goalies, he a glorified backup with potential.

Banned

Anderson faced the Islanders and the game meant nothing. Big deal. Just ups his trade value.

Lehner is ready to be this team's number 1.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Anderson faced the Islanders and the game meant nothing. Big deal. Just ups his trade value.
    Game meant nothing, no big deal…but it ups his trade value???

Gotcha. Wow. I guess NHL GM's are making decisions based on one meaningless game now. Can Ottawa get Lundqvist for Anderson now? Anderson had a 1.00 GAA, with a .967 SV%. last night - that's better than Lundqvist's by a mile.

Banned

Nobody takes anything you say seriously after those comments about Ottawa players and PIM.

And how you gave your wife a black eye

Dobber Sports Genius

Just a quick update on the Edmonton Oil Kings, but more specifically - Sens 1st rounder Curtis Lazar:

They are looking to go perfect with their 8th straight win in the playoffs tonight with Mr. Everything Curtis Lazar leading the way, once again.

LAST GAME: The Oil Kings killed off a full two-minute five-on-three for Brandon late in the third period and sandwiched it between a pair of five-on-three goals of their own as they scored four times in the third period to down Brandon 5-2 Tuesday night in Brandon, taking a 3-0 series lead, Curtis Lazar scored for the Oil Kings.

REGULAR SEASON LEADERS: Curtis Lazar - 41 Goals; Curtis Lazar - 9 GWG; Curtis Lazar – 3 SHA

PLAYOFF LEADERS: Curtis Lazar - 7 Assists; Curtis Lazar – 10 Points

INTO THE RECORD BOOKS: Having already set a new franchise record for playoff games this postseason, Curtis Lazar has tied Michael St. Croix for the modern Oil Kings lead in playoff goals with 21. Lazar is five points shy of St. Croix’s points record of 46.

Can't say enough good things about him and he brings so much of what the Sens need. I look forward to watching him progress some more.